+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
A dear friend, just received this from IRCC. "Information Letter"
This is the same guy, who said "f*** y** " Canadian immigration and was thinking of going back to India.
He falls under FSW - O
COR : USA
AOR : November 2019
I don't know his VO or any other details.
Putting it here, to spread some positivity.
--------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 12, 2021
ABC DEF
Email: abc.def@gmail.com

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application: E00xxxxxx
*E00XXXXXX*

Dear ABC DEF,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the
following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent
residence visa.

f*** y** Canadian immigration. I am also going back home.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Did you get any of your GCMs yet?
Thrice. MArch, August and October. First 2 times from IRCC, last time from CBSA.
Identical notes, File not touched after medicals passed on Jan 6th 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: requiemforadream

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hey there,

Now that the borders are open again. Now that they processed almost all eligible people to CEC in Canada… We would think they will finally deal with the backlog, especially for the FSW stream.

What are they waiting for in your opinion?
Do we have the slightest clue?
Do we have an alternative to just do nothing and wait?

Thanks.

FSW-I - VO Ottawa - French citizen - AOR Nov 6, 2020 - 1 dependent

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hey there,

Now that the borders are open again. Now that they processed almost all eligible people to CEC in Canada… We would think they will finally deal with the backlog, especially for the FSW stream.

Thanks.

It seems like the approvals in general (all economic streams, all VOs) slowed down a lot in October.
Maybe they are focusing on the TR to PR and Refugees streams this month... who knows? :/

NewHope2021

May 13, 2021
That's what I heard from a friend who works for the IRCC > PR department:

1) All resources from his division are working with reissuing PRs to the people abroad who got their PR approval until March 2020 but couldn't enter Canada because of the pandemic. And that's A LOT of people. So because their system is so outdated, each candidate has to be contacted directly to 1) ask if they are still interested in coming to Canada 2) fill out more forms and 3) issue a new valid PR.
2) With the new incoming applications of refugees from Afghanistan, a lot more of agents were transferred to work with that as well.

So, to sum it up: the backlog is not only for cases to be processed like ours, there are also thousands of people who have expired PRs and need to renew it to come to Canada.

Which means for us: lower our expectations, and keep doing our best to stay sane and don't give up. Our time will eventually come.

Last edited:

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Hey there,

Thanks.

Nobody knows. Maybe they just assumed all of us will eventually jump on the CEC train. It seems like a practical option at this point.

IRCC can't deprioritize both FSW and CEC at the same time. The number of PNP applications is small, and I don't see a reason the higher-ups would hate EE so much as to wanting to treat CEC the same way they are treating FSW now, at least not before 2023 when big changes are coming. They may taper things slowly but I think many of us can still catch the CEC train when it's still on schedule.

I somehow have the hope that as soon as we turn in the CEC application, they will look at our FSW file again and approve the FSW file (and cancel the CEC application) if the FSW one is just short of the final words.

Reactions: requiemforadream

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
As I previously said endless excuses. Unpredictable and totally unreliable place to deal with! That's why I am afraid to apply again for CEC, only God knows if the new application will be processed or it's just waste of time and money!

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
As I previously said endless excuses. Unpredictable and totally unreliable place to deal with! That's why I am afraid to apply again for CEC, only God knows if the new application will be processed or it's just waste of time and money!
Really unfortunate that we all applied under fsw. It’s a ridiculous delay and it’s annoying when they prioritize outland applicants even more than us. I have lost hopes on them
Processing it within this year now.