FSW Express Entry Eligibility confusion

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As per eligibility mentioned on the website, Minimum requirements to qualify for FSW are:
  • Skilled work experience - be at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)
  • Language ability - meet the minimum score required in all 4 abilities
  • Education - an Educational Credential Assessment

Here is what I've submitted
Skilled work experience - 1 Year of work experience in Canada & 7 years in India under Same NOC (11202)
Language ability - RL 6 Each and SW 6.5 Each
Education - ECA from CES as Masters

I am pretty much getting 76 points out of 100 but when i submitted application only CEC is showing as Met, all other including FSW showing Not met, Why is that?
I have seen people have met status on both CEC and FSW. What am I missing here?

TIA,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As per eligibility mentioned on the website, Minimum requirements to qualify for FSW are:
  • Skilled work experience - be at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)

Skilled work experience - 1 Year of work experience in Canada & 7 years in India under Same NOC (11202)

I am pretty much getting 76 points out of 100 but when i submitted application only CEC is showing as Met, all other including FSW showing Not met, Why is that?

TIA,
Language requires CLB 7 in all areas to be eligible for FSW.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

TIA,
What have you shown under proof of funds?

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
FSW requires funds.
I understand now, Can I edit the profile and add funds now. If yes later after getting ITA under this stream bank statements would be enough or I need to show actual funds in the Canadian bank account?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand now, Can I edit the profile and add funds now. If yes later after getting ITA under this stream bank statements would be enough or I need to show actual funds in the Canadian bank account?
You can show that you have the funds for the number of people in your family. See Express Entry for requirements.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can show that you have the funds for the number of people in your family. See Express Entry for requirements.
SO to answer my own question, FSW require to show POF from even inside Canada. And you can not show paystubs/ 6 months bank statements unless you have Employer job offer or LMIA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
SO to answer my own question, FSW require to show POF from even inside Canada. And you can not show paystubs/ 6 months bank statements unless you have Employer job offer or LMIA.
If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

• are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
So you need to have work permit and LMIA.

Reactions: imansoor