+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Applying from USA...Need few answers

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi Experts, I am currently in USA and planning to be here for next 3-4 months. I am planning to apply for FSW visa from here and have few questions.

1. If I apply from USA and go back to india, how all communications between CIS and me will happen? I understand that I need to provide new address to CIS before leaving, but how?

2. Is there any advantage if apply from USA rather than from India? I have seen on CIS website that PRs processing from India is much slower than from USA and so thinking about applying from USA. Do you think it is good idea to apply from here?

3. As of now I am planning to apply this for myself and once I receives the PR then for my Wife. How long will it take for my wife to get PR, once I get that? OR it is advisable to apply for wife now itself along with me?

4. I understand that as a part of background check, I will have to provide some criminal checks to CIS. If I am in USA when CIS asks me those details, how can I get respective details from Inidan Police department?

5. If I am blessed with kid while PR is in progress, when should and how should I notify this to CIS?

6. And lastly, how much approximate time should I expect for PR to get processed from the date of posting the application, assuming that I am replying to CIS requirements within 30 days.

Appreciate your help on this?

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
dude that's too many questions....
Simple answer - if u move back to India, your case will be transferred to India and then u will follow India consulate timeline.
processing times:
USA - 12 months approx.
If you move to India, even after applying in US - 5-6 years approx.

you can simply add you child at a later date by mailing them copy of the birth certificate.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks Mike053. I know those are too many questions but just wanted to make sure I am clear about all questions before applying.

Based on your answer, if I apply from USA and go back to India after 5-6 months...but do not update to CIS about my moving to india...does that mean that application will be processed faster?

I shall change the address to some relative's address in USA so communications from CIS will eventually come to USA address only and then they will mail those to me.

When it is required for Interview OR Medical..I can come to USA on Visitor Visa.....Do you think it is workable option? Just wanted to make the process faster by keeping USA address.

Please let me know if there is any problem in doing so.