+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW application refusal for remote foreign work experience

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I get it. CEC I doubt. What if my permit expires before I could fulfill the one year for fsw? Will I be able to extend my permit provided I still have the remote job?
Are you on a PGWP or OWP. When will you have one year of full time foreign experience? No you cannot extend your work permit. You can only extend it if you have a Canadian employer willing to go through the LMIA process and you apply for a closed work permit. Does your remote employer have Canadian offices, clients/customers? How are you paid and are you filling and declaring income on taxes?

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
Are you on a PGWP or OWP. When will you have one year of full time foreign experience? No you cannot extend your work permit. You can only extend it if you have a Canadian employer willing to go through the LMIA process and you apply for a closed work permit. Does your remote employer have Canadian offices, clients/customers? How are you paid and are you filling and declaring income on taxes?
Pgwp which is anyway an open work permit right.
I’ll be starting my employment soon with the remote employer. My work permit expires next august.

I don’t think they have an office or client in Canada. regarding payment, ive not discussed anything, mostly to my Canadian bank account and I’m planning to file taxes.

Im open to relocating any province as well. Do I need to consider any other factor here? Global talent stream or PNP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Pgwp which is anyway an open work permit right.
I’ll be starting my employment soon with the remote employer. My work permit expires next august.

I don’t think they have an office or client in Canada. regarding payment, ive not discussed anything, mostly to my Canadian bank account and I’m planning to file taxes.

Im open to relocating any province as well. Do I need to consider any other factor here? Global talent stream or PNP?
If you are working remotely then it doesn’t matter if you even live or work in Canada. It will not count as Canadian experience and as for PNP most are based on having a job offer with a Canadian employer. So relocating makes no sense.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
If you are working remotely then it doesn’t matter if you even live or work in Canada. It will not count as Canadian experience and as for PNP most are based on having a job offer with a Canadian employer. So relocating makes no sense.
What if I continue doing this remote job till I find a job offer with Canadian employer? Will the duration of my work permit play a role here? I’m taking into account the upcoming Christmas vacation and everything. Basically how do I make sure I don’t waste my pgwp given I have a remote tech job in hand where I could probably adjust the working hours and balance it with a Canadian job?

If i give IELTS general and have my WES report ready, am already eligible under fsw for category based draw STEM (outside Canada work exp); but not sure if expected CRS (480+) would meet the cut off

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if I continue doing this remote job till I find a job offer with Canadian employer? Will the duration of my work permit play a role here? I’m taking into account the upcoming Christmas vacation and everything. Basically how do I make sure I don’t waste my pgwp given I have a remote tech job in hand where I could probably adjust the working hours and balance it with a Canadian job?

If i give IELTS general and have my WES report ready, am already eligible under fsw for category based draw STEM (outside Canada work exp); but not sure if expected CRS (480+) would meet the cut off
You should be finding a Canadian employer because working remotely doesn’t have to be in Canada. If you are eligible for FSW then you should submit a profile. Whether you are selected, I cannot say.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
You should be finding a Canadian employer because working remotely doesn’t have to be in Canada. If you are eligible for FSW then you should submit a profile. Whether you are selected, I cannot say.
Does FSW need one year of employment in Canada for profile completion and to get an ITA? Or can I create a profile if I just meet the (6 months experience inside or outside) eligibility under category based draw?

my only concern is what if I’m little delayed in finding a canadian employer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does FSW need one year of employment in Canada for profile completion and to get an ITA? Or can I create a profile if I just meet the (6 months experience inside or outside) eligibility under category based draw?

my only concern is what if I’m little delayed in finding a canadian employer
No FSW doesn’t need Canadian work experience. But you need one year of continuous, full time experience in one, skilled NOC to be eligible for FSW. You need to have at least 67 points (selection grid) to submit a profile.

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
No FSW doesn’t need Canadian work experience. But you need one year of continuous, full time experience in one, skilled NOC to be eligible for FSW. You need to have at least 67 points (selection grid) to submit a profile.
Hey Naturgrl,

I have 2 yrs of continuous Canadian work experience in Canada (2021-2023) in NOC 13100 and 9 months of Foreign experience (In my home country) from 2019 in NOC 12102 and 3 months of remote work experience while located in Canada for a company outside of Canada in NOC 41210

Can I claim CRS points for 1 yr foreign experience and 2 yr Canadian Experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey Naturgrl,

I have 2 yrs of continuous Canadian work experience in Canada (2021-2023) in NOC 13100 and 9 months of Foreign experience (In my home country) from 2019 in NOC 12102 and 3 months of remote work experience while located in Canada for a company outside of Canada in NOC 41210

Can I claim CRS points for 1 yr foreign experience and 2 yr Canadian Experience?
Was the remote experience in the years 2021-2023? You cannot ”double dip”.

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
Was the remote experience in the years 2021-2023? You cannot ”double dip”.
The Remote foreign experience is from August 2023 to present (3 months), Canadian experience is from July 2021 to July 2023 (2yrs) and the foreign experience is from June 2018 to March 2019 (9 months) will this be equal to 1 yr foreign experience and 2 yr Canadian experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The Remote foreign experience is from August 2023 to present (3 months), Canadian experience is from July 2021 to July 2023 (2yrs) and the foreign experience is from June 2018 to March 2019 (9 months) will this be equal to 1 yr foreign experience and 2 yr Canadian experience?
Yes

Reactions: bLaZe10

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Naturgrl,

I have one more question, during the Remote foreign experience is from August 2023 to present (3 months) I was also doing uber for some time and in Oct. 2023 I joined a Canadian company too (But will not be claiming points for it, as I have 2 yrs of Canadian work experience completed in July 2023), so basically I'm doing a remote job for foreign employer (32-34 hrs/week) (will be claiming points) and also for Canadian employer (40hrs/ week) (no points claimed for this)

will this affect anything?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl,

I have one more question, during the Remote foreign experience is from August 2023 to present (3 months) I was also doing uber for some time and in Oct. 2023 I joined a Canadian company too (But will not be claiming points for it, as I have 2 yrs of Canadian work experience completed in July 2023), so basically I'm doing a remote job for foreign employer (32-34 hrs/week) (will be claiming points) and also for Canadian employer (40hrs/ week) (no points claimed for this)

will this affect anything?
Uber is not skilled work. So you are doing remote work in Canada? That is Canadian experience.

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
Uber is not skilled work. So you are doing remote work in Canada? That is Canadian experience.
Sorry It might be confusing, I have better structured timeline below: -

- 9 months work experience in a foreign country for foreign employer (June 2018 to March 2019)
- 2 Years Canadian experience inside Canada for Canadian employer (July 2021 to July 2023)
- 3 months remote work experience inside Canada for foreign employer (August 2023 to present) (Along with this job I was also doing Uber in August, Sept. and in Oct., Nov. for a Canadian employer for which I won't be claiming points)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry It might be confusing, I have better structured timeline below: -

- 9 months work experience in a foreign country for foreign employer (June 2018 to March 2019)
- 2 Years Canadian experience inside Canada for Canadian employer (July 2021 to July 2023)
- 3 months remote work experience inside Canada for foreign employer (August 2023 to present) (Along with this job I was also doing Uber in August, Sept. and in Oct., Nov. for a Canadian employer for which I won't be claiming points)
So your remote work is IN Canada so Canadian experience.