Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi,

I have applied for the FSW 2014 program and I am currently awaiting my interview. I have also gained admission into a university for my MBA. I was hoping to have my PR ready but looks like the process will not be completed. There is a question regarding previous application to enter or remain in Canada in one of the forms for the student visa. Do I need to mention my FSW UCI in it? Will this affect my student visa application adversely? Is it a cause for rejection?

Thanks.

can2016

Mar 1, 2015
I'm in a similar situation.. Only that my fswp application was returned due to the cap being full.. And I'm applying for my student visa

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nivin said:
Hi,

I have applied for the FSW 2014 program and I am currently awaiting my interview. I have also gained admission into a university for my MBA. I was hoping to have my PR ready but looks like the process will not be completed. There is a question regarding previous application to enter or remain in Canada in one of the forms for the student visa. Do I need to mention my FSW UCI in it? Will this affect my student visa application adversely? Is it a cause for rejection?

Thanks.
This is very sensitive. It happened to me and they made reference to my refused PR application in my student refusal caips note and saying that I may have been trying to use student for pr. So in ur own situation, u must first sincerely quote cast doubt about ur intention. But I can tell u that the chance is very slim bcos they may want ur PR application to be determined. Student application is good to go first b4 pr application. This is just my opinion.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
REPEAT: This is very sensitive. It happened to me and they made reference to my refused PR application in my student refusal caips note and saying that I may have been trying to use student as short cut for pr. So in ur own situation, u must sincerely quote ur uci, any failure to do that will cast doubt on ur intention. You will be surprised that they will quote that uci in reference to your student application bcos canada will never allocate 2 uci for same person no matter number of time or class of visa u are seeking. But I can tell u that the chance is very slim bcos they may want ur PR application to be determined. Student application is good to go first b4 pr application. This is just my opinion.

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
ola1974 said:
REPEAT: This is very sensitive. It happened to me and they made reference to my refused PR application in my student refusal caips note and saying that I may have been trying to use student as short cut for pr. So in ur own situation, u must sincerely quote ur uci, any failure to do that will cast doubt on ur intention. You will be surprised that they will quote that uci in reference to your student application bcos canada will never allocate 2 uci for same person no matter number of time or class of visa u are seeking. But I can tell u that the chance is very slim bcos they may want ur PR application to be determined. Student application is good to go first b4 pr application. This is just my opinion.
Thanks ola1974. So I should be quoting my FSW UCI in my student visa application and keeping my intentions clear. As per the dual intent provision, they should grant me my student visa if I convince them that I will be leaving after my studies if my PR application does not come through. Let's see how it goes.

Naser63

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same boat... Application for FSW was returned and now preparing to apply for study permit

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naser63 said:
I'm in the same boat... Application for FSW was returned and now preparing to apply for study permit
Same thing applicable to you. Just follow the advice given above. SOP is the magic.

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi,

I have got my admission letter and I am in the process of drafting my SOP.

Does anyone have any inputs on what the main message to the VO should be??

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.