+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW and Spousal Sponsorship

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi All,

I have a very interesting scenario, I would like to get your thoughts on. I applied for PR with my family as a PNP nominee. I was in Canada and got my PR processed. My spouse and child were requested for passport , they did not submit because the name on my wife's passport was wrongly spelled and we raised a webform explaining the same. We also provided a one and the same person affidavit along with a new passport with the correct name spelling. That was in July 2022. I have since then raise a webform every month requesting for a status update and even had the local member of parliament follow up for me. For the last 3-4 months the Yellow Knife office has not given an update.

The progress or name of the application has not changed from final decision give / application is in progress

Any advise here would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore. Below is what I have tried

1. Over 12 web forms , One every month to IRCC with no concrete way forward
  2. Application for a work permit for my wife as I had an open work permit that is valid- This was denied
  3. Using my Canadian MP office to reach IRCC
  4. Asking my dependent to raise the webform on her own behalf
  5. Spousal sponsorship - I am eligible due to question 6 on IMM 1344e

I got my family to Canada on a visitor visa and would like to apply for a spousal sponsorship however there is a question in IMM1344e that reads the below, Does this prevent me from proceeding with the sponsorship application ?

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their
family members?

I have just want to keep my family together. Please assist. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have a very interesting scenario, I would like to get your thoughts on. I applied for PR with my family as a PNP nominee. I was in Canada and got my PR processed. My spouse and child were requested for passport , they did not submit because the name on my wife's passport was wrongly spelled and we raised a webform explaining the same. We also provided a one and the same person affidavit along with a new passport with the correct name spelling. That was in July 2022. I have since then raise a webform every month requesting for a status update and even had the local member of parliament follow up for me. For the last 3-4 months the Yellow Knife office has not given an update.

The progress or name of the application has not changed from final decision give / application is in progress

Any advise here would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore. Below is what I have tried

1. Over 12 web forms , One every month to IRCC with no concrete way forward
  2. Application for a work permit for my wife as I had an open work permit that is valid- This was denied
  3. Using my Canadian MP office to reach IRCC
  4. Asking my dependent to raise the webform on her own behalf
  5. Spousal sponsorship - I am eligible due to question 6 on IMM 1344e

I got my family to Canada on a visitor visa and would like to apply for a spousal sponsorship however there is a question in IMM1344e that reads the below, Does this prevent me from proceeding with the sponsorship application ?

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their
family members?

I have just want to keep my family together. Please assist. Thanks
Did you verify with an immigration lawyer whether you should land without resolving the issue with your wife’s application? The fact that you landed may be what is the issue with not being able to resolve the issue with your wife’s name. Typically you need to fix any errors before any family members lands as a PR.

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Did you verify with an immigration lawyer whether you should land without resolving the issue with your wife’s application? The fact that you landed may be what is the issue with not being able to resolve the issue with your wife’s name. Typically you need to fix any errors before any family members lands as a PR.
So Initially I talked to an immigration lawyer and they ask me not to send the passports for temporary visa. They advice that I raise a web form with the new passport and an affidavit. I did this and sent them the new passport and notarized affidavit stating that my spouse is one and the same person. I have not heard any progress with IRCC since then. As mentioned I follow up via web form ever month.

In short yes I tried to correct and I get pain for admitting I made a mistake and owning up. It has been 1.5 years since I sent the correction and I am still following up

My family has not landed on a PR. We then applied for visitor visa's with the correct names , which were approved and they are now with me in Canada temporarily. I am wondering if I can do a spousal sponsorship application . All am trying to do is get them to stay with me for more than 6 months and let my spouse work.

Hope I have explained it better

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So Initially I talked to an immigration lawyer and they ask me not to send the passports for temporary visa. They advice that I raise a web form with the new passport and an affidavit. I did this and sent them the new passport and notarized affidavit stating that my spouse is one and the same person. I have not heard any progress with IRCC since then. As mentioned I follow up via web form ever month.

In short yes I tried to correct and I get pain for admitting I made a mistake and owning up. It has been 1.5 years since I sent the correction and I am still following up

My family has not landed on a PR. We then applied for visitor visa's with the correct names , which were approved and they are now with me in Canada temporarily. I am wondering if I can do a spousal sponsorship application . All am trying to do is get them to stay with me for more than 6 months and let my spouse work.

Hope I have explained it better
The issue is that you landed before correcting any errors in your family PR application. Typically before anyone in a family lands you need to correct any errors in the whole application (all family members). I believe that is the route of the problem. This is an unusual situation. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes and see what they say and depending on what the GCMS notes say speaking to an immigration lawyer.