+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 NOC 2174 and 2173 let's network

ekramali

Aug 18, 2014
happy16 said:
responsibility / main duties is probably the most important thing required for the application package!! without that your app will be rejected!!

one of your manager or senior colleague can issue a letter acknowledging your duties and affix his business card, you can also submit an affidavit on stamp paper stating the same duties and submit all additional documents related to your employment and any official/written communication from company/HR stating they can't issue the reference letter... explain this in cover letter and mention you've submitted notarized letter from manager and affidavit instead for the same reason!! good luck!!

you can find letter/affidavit formats on the forum!!
our comapany dont allow its employee to have a business card.....incase i write a letter from my manager in a plain paper with his signature address and dated .....and affix the employee card(company id card)...will it work ...i work in TCS and employye dnt have business card n all...thx...

ekramali

Aug 18, 2014
ekramali said:
our comapany dont allow its employee to have a business card.....incase i write a letter from my manager in a plain paper with his signature address and dated .....and affix the employee card(company id card)...will it work ...i work in TCS and employye dnt have business card n all...thx...
photocopies of employee id card....and its aplian paper no letter head and no company address mention in the footer....and i cudnt find the reference letter and affidavit format as u mention ...can u add the link or add a screenshot of it....thx.....

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
ekramali said:
photocopies of employee id card....and its aplian paper no letter head and no company address mention in the footer....and i cudnt find the reference letter and affidavit format as u mention ...can u add the link or add a screenshot of it....thx.....
Hi,

yes, copy of employee id card will do.. but make sure in the letter his contact details are clearly mentioned!! For the format, I am not sure.. pls ask on the 2014 - let's network here thread, someone shall reply!! I didn' had this case myself so can't guide 100% on this that's why asked to get the formats from previous cases!!

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
happy16 said:
Hi,

yes, copy of employee id card will do.. but make sure in the letter his contact details are clearly mentioned!! For the format, I am not sure.. pls ask on the 2014 - let's network here thread, someone shall reply!! I didn' had this case myself so can't guide 100% on this that's why asked to get the formats from previous cases!!
here you go, it carries the format and explanations -

http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/

tun001757

Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2014
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
Med's Request
02-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
01-Apr-2015
Hi all,

I am a PHP web programmer in Singapore and one of my job title is Software Engineer and currently job title is Analyst Programmer. When I filled the form, I chose 2173 Software engineers and designers as a my NOC without finding out details of 2173.

Now I read details of 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers and it looks like perfect NOC of me.

My application was received by CIC on 9-July and I think it will still take 1 or 2 months to get response from CIC.

Anyone have any idea, PHP Web programmer can go under 2173 or is it possible for me to change my NOC by sending the new imm0008 form to CIC?

My duties are as follow:

• Perform the full software development lifecycle from Analyst, Design, Implementation, testing, documentation through to presentation, user training and ongoing support and trouble-shooting.

• Design and create Staff portal and Student portal for the institution

• Create applications and forms for teaching and learning

• Implement and maintain Leave Management & Document sharing application

• Develop and maintain technical documentations for existing and new application

• Provide technical assistance and support for applications

• Implement PHP scripts to automate the routine tasks (Eg. Backup/update data, sending reminder email etc)

Anyone have same issue like me? please help.

Regards,

ekramali

Aug 18, 2014
As mentioned in cic.gc.ca,the points for job experience:

1 year ---9pnts
2-3 yr----11pts
4-5 yr----13 pts
6 or more year----15 pnts...

i have a job experience of 3.5 yrs ,how much points i will get....??

And i will get 21 points for education(4 years of btech)....and for age 12 ponits....which sum up t0 33 ponits.....hw much score do i need in ielts,so that i can apply under fsw and b able to score 67 or above ponits....as mentioned in the website 6.5,7.5,6.5.6.5 will give u a score of 5 points each....hw much do i need..jus mess up with the calculation.....any help plz...

instamason

Jul 14, 2014
Hi,

I have 5+ years of experience.

Here are some of my past duties:

• Gathering and analysing test requirements for new features.
• Creating test strategy and planning test cycles in accordance with development timelines and requirements.
• Creating and updating the manual Test Case Descriptions in accordance with the requirements.
• Creation of Test Plans in GTP-central test repository system.
• Assigning the GTP Test Plans to individuals based on their availability and project setup.
• Build and maintain development and test systems for the team by regular and on-demand deployment of updated software components.
• Execution of manual tests for the completed development units, based on Test Case Descriptions.
• Reporting of defects/issues found by creating internal CSS messages/tickets.
• Co-ordinating with development team to identify root causes for defects/issues.
• Tracking the defects fixed/still in process using the centralized CSS system.
• Weekly centralized reporting of internal messages for all teams in the Software Logistics area.
• Participate in Central QE meetings to keep the team update on upcoming test cycles, trainings, and roll-out of new processes and technologies.
• Organizing/facilitating testing workshops for ‘Exploratory Testing’ and ‘War Room’ tests.
• Development of
• Verification of fixes- Re-execution of test cases to make sure the updated software is defect-free.
• Continuous monitoring of all internal and customer messages in for the components that the team is responsible for.
• Solving customer messages/tickets.
• Dispatching/ assigning customer messages to team members according to skillset and availability, after preliminary analysis.
• Supporting the Customer Engagement Initiative through continuous coordination and internal and external demos.

Here are some of my current duties:

• Consulting the team on SAP Netweaver and SAP Basis technologies.
• Evaluation/Preparation of SAP Business Suite Post-Copy Automation (PCA) Landscape for Scenario Validation.
• Creation of Scenario tests for validation of PCA content created for SAP ERP, SAR SRM, SAP SCM and SAP CRM products.
• Test/Validation of SAP Business Suite PCA content for SAP SRM and SAP SCM.
• Installation/Update/Maintenance of SAP Business Suite test systems landscape using tools like SUM, SAP LVM, SWPM.
• Installation/Maintenance/Update of SAP Solution Manager System.
• Setup and validation of SAP Business Suite Post-Copy Automation (PCA) System Landscape for Scenario Validation.
• Test/Validation of SAP Business Suite PCA content for SAP EWM.
• Test/Validation of SAP Lifecycle Management tools like SUM, SWPM and Landscape Planner.
• Planning, Scheduling, Synchronization of activities between Germany and India teams-including activities like test co-ordination, risk mitigation and release planning.
• Test/Validation of migration procedure for migration of SAP BW systems from any database technology to SAP HANA database technology.
• Test/Validation of migration tools for migration of SAP BW systems from any database technology to SAP HANA database technology.
• Mentoring of Scholars, new-hires and interns joining the team.

Kindly let me know which NOC category would be best for me?

Thanks.

pel12

May 6, 2014
I applied for 2173. The application was received on 22nd may. The CC has been charged but I have not received any PER. It is showing on spreadsheet that latest PER charges is of 23rd May.! Does that mean my application is rejected as the date of charged PER has moved forward but i have not heard anything yet? Also, How do I come to know if my application is rejected - by mail or I ll just receive my application back?

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
pel12 said:
I applied for 2173. The application was received on 22nd may. The CC has been charged but I have not received any PER. It is showing on spreadsheet that latest PER charges is of 23rd May.! Does that mean my application is rejected as the date of charged PER has moved forward but i have not heard anything yet? Also, How do I come to know if my application is rejected - by mail or I ll just receive my application back?
Don't worry. You'll receive it soon. Good Luck.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
ekramali said:
As mentioned in cic.gc.ca,the points for job experience:

1 year ---9pnts
2-3 yr----11pts
4-5 yr----13 pts
6 or more year----15 pnts...

i have a job experience of 3.5 yrs ,how much points i will get....??

And i will get 21 points for education(4 years of btech)....and for age 12 ponits....which sum up t0 33 ponits.....hw much score do i need in ielts,so that i can apply under fsw and b able to score 67 or above ponits....as mentioned in the website 6.5,7.5,6.5.6.5 will give u a score of 5 points each....hw much do i need..jus mess up with the calculation.....any help plz...

Your total score excluding IELTS is 44.
For you to score 67 points,you will need a minimum score of
23 points from the IELTS exam.
That means L-7.5 R-7 S-7 and W-7 or higher test band in the
4 modules.
Are you married?If you are married,your spouse can boost your point
by also writing the IELTS exam.Through her you will get extra 5 points.
Best of luck

pel12

May 6, 2014
I need to clarify that does latest PER date means that all the previous dates are already being processed or are still under consideration

navneetsibal said:
Don't worry. You'll receive it soon. Good Luck.

vpriyan

Sep 16, 2014
Hi

I have 10 years of experience in Performance Testing but my designations have been as IT Consultant, Associate Consultant etc

Could anyone in this forum please help me out in letting me know which NOC code should I apply? 2171 or 2173?

Appreciate your response

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys I need one help...

can anyone share the exact wordings or image of that letter or email in which LVO requests PCC for Pakistani applicants? suppose if an applicant has lived in these places for more than 2 years.....Pakistan, Saudi, Dubai, Singapore............so will LVO clearly mentions that he/she needs to obtain PCC from all these countries (does they mention country names separately) or LVO just mentions that they need PCC? does LVO skips any country? like out of four they demand for three or two?

please experienced members throw some wise words on it. if possible share any image of a letter or any email u have received from lvo. thanks.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
hi All,

hope you are doing great,

for those of you who already have got PER, I have a quick question for you, what did you do for your reference letter with duties , did your employer gave you one or you had to go for alternative options.
this will help the other applicants
Would you be able to advise on this?

thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

tarek_adel

Oct 20, 2014
Dear All

I send my Application for 2173 and got confirmation from courier it was received by 15th of July , but till now no charges on CC and no reply

is that normal? till when should I wait

please advise