+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

FSW_Aspirant

Sep 20, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am filling up the Fee Payment Form. I am wondering on the mode of fee payment that can be used.

In India, DD is valid upto only 3 months whereas CIC requires atleast 6 months of validity.

I am thinking of using my HDFC Credit Card (Visa) to make the payment but concerned, if it asks for One Time Password (for certain sites it do) when CIC tries to charge the card. That may decline the payment.

Any once who has successfully done the payment using HDFC credit card ? Please advise.

Thanks

Krishna27

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Guys can I send additional documents as an addendum to my original application? MY application was received on the 18th of September under NOC 2171 . Will I be pushed down the queue if I send the additional docs now. I have managed to get reference letter from my supervisor who was previously refusing to provide it and I wish to send the same. Pls advise!!1

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Krishna27 said:
Guys can I send additional documents as an addendum to my original application? MY application was received on the 18th of September under NOC 2171 . Will I be pushed down the queue if I send the additional docs now. I have managed to get reference letter from my supervisor who was previously refusing to provide it and I wish to send the same. Pls advise!!1
You will not be pushed down the queue if you send in additional docs. Make sure to send enough information for CIC to be able to match the docs with your original application.

aircanada2014

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015
AOR Received.
(PER) 20-10-2014
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
LANDED..........
09-30-2015
Hello. 2174 - June 20th applicant here. No PER but I received a file number from our local visa office. Upon checking via ecas, it says "In Process". Is that equivalent to PER?

FSW_Aspirant

Sep 20, 2014
Indian applicant said:
OTP is not applicable for international transactions
Thanks for the reply...

So Am I good to do the payment via my HDFC Credit Card ? Do i need to inform bank in advance.

Could you please let me know what mode of payment did you use ?

Thanks in advance.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
FSW_Aspirant said:
Thanks for the reply...

So Am I good to do the payment via my HDFC Credit Card ? Do i need to inform bank in advance.

Could you please let me know what mode of payment did you use ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. There is no need to inform bank. Make sure your card is INTERNATIONAL card. Most VISA/MASTERCARD are international.
I used online using the credit card.

Some banks (to avoid fraud) call you on your phone to verify the transaction when it hits their bank. Also some banks (based on their policy) prefer to issue you a new card if your card is used in certain countries especially far east. In anycase it does NOT impact the transaction itself.

puna76

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
FSW_Aspirant said:
Hey Guys,

I am filling up the Fee Payment Form. I am wondering on the mode of fee payment that can be used.

In India, DD is valid upto only 3 months whereas CIC requires atleast 6 months of validity.

I am thinking of using my HDFC Credit Card (Visa) to make the payment but concerned, if it asks for One Time Password (for certain sites it do) when CIC tries to charge the card. That may decline the payment.

Any once who has successfully done the payment using HDFC credit card ? Please advise.

Thanks
HDFC DD (Forex DD) is valid for 6months, DD is safe bet. if your making payment from CC i dont think it will ask for OTP when CIC charges.

FSW_Aspirant

Sep 20, 2014
Indian applicant said:
Yes. There is no need to inform bank. Make sure your card is INTERNATIONAL card. Most VISA/MASTERCARD are international.
I used online using the credit card.

Some banks (to avoid fraud) call you on your phone to verify the transaction when it hits their bank. Also some banks (based on their policy) prefer to issue you a new card if your card is used in certain countries especially far east. In anycase it does NOT impact the transaction itself.
Thanks a lot for clarifying my doubt. Yes, my card is International Credit Card. I think I will go ahead with CC payment option. Thanks again.

FSW_Aspirant

Sep 20, 2014
puna76 said:
HDFC DD (Forex DD) is valid for 6months, DD is safe bet. if your making payment from CC i dont think it will ask for OTP when CIC charges.
Thanks for the information. I will check about the DD at the local HDFC branch. But I think I am good with Credit Card payment option after your's and "Indian applicant's" replies.

Thanks again.

dhall

Oct 27, 2014
hi....
mine is same case...
m worried if DD expired before cic open file.....wat will happen then?

m very sad...no response from CIC even after 5 months....any one who is in same problem??? plz reply

joshirajen said:
Hi all,

My application for 2171 reached CIC on 8th September. I have sent a Demand Draft and not Credit Card details. My DD is valid for 3 months only. I issued this DD around 2nd September. So are there any chances of my application gets charged before 2nd December 2014?(considering the NOC 2171 isnt capped before that :( )

If not, what would happen if the DD is expired? TIA

Krishna27

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
whips said:
You will not be pushed down the queue if you send in additional docs. Make sure to send enough information for CIC to be able to match the docs with your original application.
Thanks so much.. thats a relief ..will send accross the additional docs asap :)

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi All

In My Birth certificate there is spelling error, and its Hand Written, issued almost 30 years back.
What should be done in this situation.
How to get affidavit for BC in USA

Sid

Vit0

Jun 23, 2014
aircanada2014 said:
Hello. 2174 - June 20th applicant here. No PER but I received a file number from our local visa office. Upon checking via ecas, it says "In Process". Is that equivalent to PER?
Seems more like AOR
(I'm 2174 too)