Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
FSWPR2014 said:
Hi All,

I have few questions regarding FSW 2014. I am planning to send my docs to CIC in this week only but before sending to them i want to clear my few doubts.

1) do we have to send all passports ? Old and current both Only from current passport

2) Do we have to send all marksheets including secondary high school ? ( I mean 10th grade and 12th grade as I am from India) No, secondary school not required. Send just your degree certificate and ECA

3) Can we use paperclip for binding those documents and forms as they are many ? I can say around 70 pages. Binding not required but you may use a clip if they are bulky. No staples at all!

4) I am unable to fit all pages in CIC mentioned envelope which 9" x 12" ... so what should I do ?You may be putting in some documents that are not required that is why your stuff is not fitting into the envelope. Review the application package and remove those items that are not part of things listed in Document Checklist. But if you mean the envelope is not long enough, get a slightly larger one, no problem for this

If anyone can answers above questions then it would be great for me.

Thanks in advance
Hope the above helps, cheers.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
acrossborder said:
Is this good enough for NOC 2172?

Please see description of work below:

Position Title: Technical Consultant
Responsibilities:
· Performing data warehouse BI tasks for large projects (database design, business analyses, defining business requirements);
· Understand, develop and maintain Business Data Model and logical mappings (source mappings, LDM mappings);
· Deliver business and application specific consulting services included in the integrated Teradata solutions;
· Capture Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Requirements
· Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems or production databases
· Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading into a data warehouse
· Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial and cyclical data into a data warehouse, develop scripts for historical data retention, create and maintain technical documentation of the solution, and interact and work within a team environment.
· Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
· Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data
· Determine data growth trends and peak business periods
· Unit testing;
· Package jobs, prepare for deployment;
See the duties for 2172 according to NOC site,

Database analysts perform some or all of the following duties:

Collect and document user requirements

Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects

Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems

Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools

Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.

May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.

Data administrators perform some or all of the following duties:

Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models

Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security

Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data

Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data

Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers

May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.

I recommend you modify your duties to fit the NOC site stated duties to avoid confusion and rejection. CIO review clerks are not subject matter experts, they just want to see a match so rework that long list you have up there to match NOC roles up to 80%. You can put a few of your major duties at the bottom, all the best.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Galusca1981 said:
Good morning all!!

Does anybody know under which NOC the job position of Service Desk Agent belongs to?

Thanks.
Anca
Hi, why don't you visit the NOC site and find out which NOC describes your work? Use this link, http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2172

Cheers :)

Galusca1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Hello all,

I have trouble validating fast enough my study degree by WES, due to my university...birocracy...but I hope to submit my application around mid October.

Do you think i will make it before the cap is reached for NOC 2173 or NOC 2171?
My job duties belong to both NOCs but I am wondering which one will not be cap full until then.

Thanks.
Anca

ggulati

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Galusca1981 said:
Hello all,

I have trouble validating fast enough my study degree by WES, due to my university...birocracy...but I hope to submit my application around mid October.

Do you think i will make it before the cap is reached for NOC 2173 or NOC 2171?
My job duties belong to both NOCs but I am wondering which one will not be cap full until then.

Thanks.
Anca
NOC 2171 is slower than 2173, make sure your reference letter matches with the NOC job respnsibilites

Galusca1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Hello,

Would the duties mentioned below match the description of ths NOC 2171?

Thanks.

- performed User Acceptance Testing against 2 trans-Europeans Systems, in a dedicated QA environment;
- provided test reports to the higher management and stakeholders and made recommendations for improvements;
- based on the inputs/requirements coming from the client, produced Conformance Testing Organization Document (CTOD) which described the CT process at the level of workflow, key interactions among stakeholders, their roles and responsibilities and important deliverables
- produced National Project Planning templates (NPP) and consolidated all the NPPs upon reception and highlighted the risk of non-conformance to the client when delays in the planning was noticed;
- presented the NPPs and CTOD during SCIT meeting;
- together with the client established the testing planning, milestones and deadlines;
- prepared, facilitated, coordinated and monitored the CT campaigns and the execution of the campaign by the Member States (MS)
-managed direct interaction with the MS, provided support, advices and solutions during CT activities;
- organized and hosted CT conference call with the customer, the NAs and other parties;
- produced and delivered the minutes of each conference calls to all participants
- produced detailed test report describing the issues encountered during the test execution
- mentioned lessons learned and suggested improvements
- on a daily basis, checked the availability of the Http2csiAdapter and the RAPs and in case of need restarted them;
- closely coordinated with the client the alignment of the test data, the testing modes and the testing environment (queues and gateways configuration, self-testing tool accessibility by the client)
- gathered and validated the test data; upon request from the client, support was given to the MSs to fill in the test data template;
- ensured the traceability of the service requests and followed them up until resolution;
- Collected the test results;
- Respond to Diagnostic requests submitted by MSA for clarification on failed tests;
- ensured that the latest version of testing documentation was available to the NAs
- worked closely with the Deployment Manager to set up the conformance testing environment
- provided training on testing process and test tool to new colleagues;
- took part at Change Advisory board (CAB) meetings highlighting the risks of not implementing the known errors
- communicated to the client any planned or unplanned unavailability of the testing tool, any modification in the supporting documentation;
- maintained and published a list of frequently-asked questions (FAQ) related to CT activities
- travelled to the customer's site (DG TAXUD) to discuss the CT requirements, the scope, planning and resources needed;
- prepared Hand-over material and gave trainings to the new consortium;
- gained sound business and functional understanding of the test systems and operating environment;
- reviewed and wrote internal working procedures;
- Worked closely with the Release manager reviewing each package that was delivered (complete release notes, all required documentation, test data, etc...);

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Guys and Gals !
One quick query.
One of my colleague from previous employment left the organization.
Do I need to get her Exp letter form organization just to prove that she has worked there ???

ALso ID proof and photographs required of my references ???

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
DSD said:
Guys and Gals !
One quick query.
One of my colleague from previous employment left the organization.
Do I need to get her Exp letter form organization just to prove that she has worked there ???

ALso ID proof and photographs required of my references ???
Hi, why do you need your former colleague's experience letter? Is she your spouse and the primary applicant for your FSW application? Please clarify your question :)

gauransh83

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
I am going to apply under NOC 2171 this week.What are my chances.As per SS,pessimistic date is 22/09.My application will reach there on 23/09 so am feeling worried.Expert your comments.

casper_28

May 17, 2014
Hi Gurus

I have sent my packet in july. Has reached Sydney office on July 2nd. I dditn get any reply yet.?

Now, I might have to move from the address where I am staying and the same is listed in the application forms. What are my options?

Thanks,

German_Canadian

Aug 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Did not receive it
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
05-06-2015
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-06-2016
Hey guys are there any real chances of getting your PER if you apply for 2174, sending your application out next week? Seems to me like there is no chance. :'( Looks like the cap will be full by the end of this month or by mid October.
What Do you guys think?

aircanada2014

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015
AOR Received.
(PER) 20-10-2014
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
LANDED..........
09-30-2015
My application was received in CIO last June 20. Given that 2174 is already 662 and CIC haven't touched June yet, I'm seriously doubting my chances now. What you think guys?

:(

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
aircanada2014 said:
My application was received in CIO last June 20. Given that 2174 is already 662 and CIC haven't touched June yet, I'm seriously doubting my chances now. What you think guys?

I once predicted in this forum that some NOCs were already capped around June,2014
but a lot of members disagreed.
Now the reality is that some of these hot NOCs were capped in June and July,2015.
As per your case,you should be among the lucky ones but the truth is that July,2015
applicants for this NOC will have little or no chance of making it.
Best of luck.

harrydudie

Jul 16, 2014
Hello all.

I will be dispatching my FSW application documents tomorrow from India. My NOC code is 2173. Do you think I stand a chance in qualifying?

I read somewhere in the post that CIC has not touched the applications submitted in June. So I am worried now. What you people say?

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
aircanada2014 said:

You should be fine. The figures in cic site is most likely based on completeness check.Some assumes they have done completeness check till end of June.