+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Land and work in Montreal/Qubec

prashcanadavisa

Jul 11, 2014
Hello Folks! :)

I applied through fswp 2014 and now waiting for visa stamping. I had initial plans to land in Toronto and search for a job there. But now I found that my company also has a office in Montreal. Upon checking with HR for the mobility options I was asked the following two questions :

1. Are you allowed to directly land in Montreal?
- I think answer is no. I will have to land in Toronto or somewhere else outside Qubec. Just confirming as per hr if you cant land in qubec then you are not allowed to work there too! :( ::)

2. After landing in say Toronto, will I be eligible to work in Montreal office?
- If yes then how long do I have to stay in Toronto before moving to Montreal. Is there any extra paperwork required?

It would be great if u could share the links that I can put in my email to HR (government/cic websites if possible)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards
prash

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
u have to land outside quebec if u r FSW

and yes u can start working in montreal they will only want to see your sin number which u can get it easily from montreal too..
I am here in montreal now and got sin and applied for health card and looking for job .. no big deal until now :)

prashcanadavisa

Jul 11, 2014
Thanks ll14

so more brain storming links I have found which supports your opinion too -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/working-in-quebec-for-fsw-immigrant-t22026.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2014-work-in-quebec-on-canada-fsw-pr-visa-t240932.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-skilled-worker-in-quebec-t11689.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-living-in-ontario-while-working-in-quebec-t145482.0.html;prev_next=next#new

Basically land outside Quebec and start your paperwork (SIN and PR card) from there.
Preferably wait till you receive these documents and then join the firm in Quebec afterwards. If not, then take family/friends help to collect the docs on your behalf while you have started working in Quebec already. Only catch here is if your company requires you to give PR card reference then you have to wait.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Thanks for the clarification guys. So I'm a Canadian PR with SIN. If I get a job in Montreal I should be able to join that - right?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabret00the said:
Thanks for the clarification guys. So I'm a Canadian PR with SIN. If I get a job in Montreal I should be able to join that - right?
Yes.

crusadecanada

Jul 5, 2014
Dear All,

I am too in the boat and waiting for PPR since 6 months of my meds.

One thing is I applied for higher studies and got thru one of Quebec universities. And if I go on study permit to Quebec in April'16, if my PR comes after that - whether I can change my status from study to PR in Quebec, or I 've to come back to india and then get stamping, or the change can be managed from Canada.

Also my daughters passport is expiring in sept16, should I get the new passport from Canada or from india. as I believe any new passport information now may further delay my PPR request, if it is in pipeline.

Or I should wait for PPR, land in Ontario, then move from there for Quebec study.

Please throw some light guys. Its critical for my planning ahead.

thanks a ton,

Crusade to canada