AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
waiwera said:
no worries :D
I did asked for time extension before regarding police certificate as I was not sure I could collect all documents within 30 days.
HKVO replied me after 20 days and they let me have another 30 days. Fortunately, I could submit all documents within the time limit.
you can do this :D

as advised by @Heck, you can write your timeline manually here. in the meantime, post more comments in the forum so you can update your profile too. cheers ;D
Sorry for the delay in getting the timeline here after your help, @Heck and @waiwera! I was waiting to get some of the details from my friend's sister. I've put it in below.And that's a really good sign that they should give her a bit longer to send the documents!

Here is the timeline!

Application (including request by her sister to sponsor her) submitted: 6 Dec 2014
Applications received: 26 Feb 2015
Sponsorship application begins processing: 13 April 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt of sponsorship app: 14 April 2015
Addition sponsorship docs requested: 14 May 2015
Sponsorship approved: 24 Aug 2015

PR application begins processing: 28 Aug 2015
Medical test requested: 28 Aug 2015
Additional docs requested: 28 Oct 2015

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
kanadjani said:
Hi Guys,
Did anyone receive any updates recently?

There was a lot of good news lately, but seems slowed down again. Do we have any december applicants who received MR? I keep waiting...... :(

Congratulations to all those who got good updates!
Anyone any news?

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
kanadjani said:
Anyone any news?
seems very quite here from HKVO, but lots of ppl from family stream are receiving PPR and COPR in the last few days. hopefully we are going to receive good news too in this thanksgiving.
happy thanksgiving, everyone ;D ;D ;D

Mikecanada

Sep 13, 2015
DEAR FUTURE CANADIANS,

I am Dec 2014 applicant and I got my MR yesterday. I am in Beijing. I have done mine and my daughter MR through hospital today and they said that they have directly sent my results to HKVO through their system.

My question is that that do we need to send any documents to HKVO at this time. As I have already sent them my RPRF fee and all old and new passport pages earlier.

My visa agent told to send RPRF fee and passport copies once again....although no instruction about it in MR email received.

Please help me out....

Thanks,
Mike

Heck

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing/HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
19-05-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2105
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
18-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2015
LANDED..........
PPR "landing" on Dec 6 / Already living in Canada since September 2015
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that I am now a Permanent Resident 8) 8) 8)

I was already in Canada, so I just went to the U.S., spent the night there and crossed back through Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. Most people just flagpole, but I heard that some are having a hard time everytime they go to the U.S. because of the administrative refusal, so I used the opportunity to check the outlets and eat a nice steak ;)

Since we crossed on Sunday morning, the place was pretty much empty and the process took about 20 min only. The officer just asked whether we were bringing anything to Canada and said "Congratulations! Welcome to Canada."

Hang on you guys who haven't got it yet. You're almost there! And the reward is worth it.

Heck

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing/HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
19-05-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2105
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
18-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2015
LANDED..........
PPR "landing" on Dec 6 / Already living in Canada since September 2015
Hey Mike.

I just sent my MR docs because I had already done it for my student permit so they had to update on my file. I also sent copies of my wife and daughter's new passports. However, if you still hold the same passport (and still have some time till it expires), I don't believe you need to.

They asked for the RPRF receipt (in case I hadn't paid yet) with the PPR. I had sent it long ago, but I sent it again anyway.

Long story short: no, you don't have to. You can send it if it'll make you feel more secure about it, tho.

Good luck!

Mikecanada said:
DEAR FUTURE CANADIANS,

I am Dec 2014 applicant and I got my MR yesterday. I am in Beijing. I have done mine and my daughter MR through hospital today and they said that they have directly sent my results to HKVO through their system.

My question is that that do we need to send any documents to HKVO at this time. As I have already sent them my RPRF fee and all old and new passport pages earlier.

My visa agent told to send RPRF fee and passport copies once again....although no instruction about it in MR email received.

Please help me out....

Thanks,
Mike

Mikecanada

Sep 13, 2015
Dear Future Canadians,

One more question that I am principle applicant and my wife and daughter are dependent. I did mine and my daughter Medical examination from China but my wife is in India now. Can she do her Medical examination from India.

Thanks,
Mike

Mikecanada

Sep 13, 2015
Heck said:
Hey Mike.

I just sent my MR docs because I had already done it for my student permit so they had to update on my file. I also sent copies of my wife and daughter's new passports. However, if you still hold the same passport (and still have some time till it expires), I don't believe you need to.

They asked for the RPRF receipt (in case I hadn't paid yet) with the PPR. I had sent it long ago, but I sent it again anyway.

Long story short: no, you don't have to. You can send it if it'll make you feel more secure about it, tho.

Good luck!
Thanks Bro,

I am planning not to send as I have already sent earlier...

Regards,
Mike

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Congratulations Heck and Mike!

How I wish I could share same news but still nothing :( hopefully soon.

Mike, can you please share your timeline, thanks.

Medical can be done at any of authorised hospitals. I have never heard from anyone that request is to have whole family do it in the same hospital. Maybe you could send a note to VO saying they should expect reports from different hospitals, just to be sure nothing gets lost.

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
Congratulations, Heck!

My friend managed to get her extra documents back to the HKVO one day before the deadline they set... They didn't contact her about her request for a deadline extension, but I guess that's because she sent the docs in on time. Now we just need to wait! I think they have everything they need now, and have for the past two weeks... Just got to wait!

nicksar

Nov 6, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed on 26-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 22-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
5-May-2016
Med's Done....
First Round 11-May-2016 | 2nd Round - 10-Jan-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-Apr-2017
Heck said:
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that I am now a Permanent Resident 8) 8) 8)

I was already in Canada, so I just went to the U.S., spent the night there and crossed back through Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. Most people just flagpole, but I heard that some are having a hard time everytime they go to the U.S. because of the administrative refusal, so I used the opportunity to check the outlets and eat a nice steak ;)

Since we crossed on Sunday morning, the place was pretty much empty and the process took about 20 min only. The officer just asked whether we were bringing anything to Canada and said "Congratulations! Welcome to Canada."

Hang on you guys who haven't got it yet. You're almost there! And the reward is worth it.

Congrants Heck,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best.

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
britinyeg said:
Congratulations, Heck!

My friend managed to get her extra documents back to the HKVO one day before the deadline they set... They didn't contact her about her request for a deadline extension, but I guess that's because she sent the docs in on time. Now we just need to wait! I think they have everything they need now, and have for the past two weeks... Just got to wait!
Ironically, just today my friend received an email from the HKVO about her request for an extended deadline. They gave her thirty days more (although at the same time confirming that they had received her documents already!). So it seems that they are happy to give extensions.

They had also asked for proof of her older sister's residency and employment. (This sister isn't coming to Canada with her.) We had asked them what counted as such proof, and they gave a reply: "proof of her daily life activities and transactions in her country and place of residence, ie. employment proof, bank statements showing transactions, credit card bills showing transactions, and etc." So that is the sort of thing they're looking for in this case!

Now her file is in the queue for review! Fingers crossed, and thanks to everyone for advice on this!

SSMC

Nov 26, 2014
Is there anyone could share their landing experience?

I planned to land in Feb 16 and would return to Hong Kong a few weeks later. There is a few questions, hopefully, someone could give me insights on that:

1. PR card
- could the PR card be sent to Hong Kong? or have to collect in person in CA? since, I just wonder, for the arrivals, we don't really have a permanent address yet.

2. health card
- how long does it take to arrange the health card those sort of things

3. personal tax issue
- As CA is worldwide tax, if I land in CA shortly and return to HK, am I subject to CA personal tax? or only subject to CA personal tax after completing 730days of stay in 4 years time?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
SSMC said:
Is there anyone could share their landing experience?

I planned to land in Feb 16 and would return to Hong Kong a few weeks later. There is a few questions, hopefully, someone could give me insights on that:

1. PR card
- could the PR card be sent to Hong Kong? or have to collect in person in CA? since, I just wonder, for the arrivals, we don't really have a permanent address yet.

2. health card
- how long does it take to arrange the health card those sort of things

3. personal tax issue
- As CA is worldwide tax, if I land in CA shortly and return to HK, am I subject to CA personal tax? or only subject to CA personal tax after completing 730days of stay in 4 years time?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
PR card can only be sent to a address in Canada that you provide during landing procedure. It is not possible to send it to HK.
#2 you can get a response in threads that explain landing, quite a few good ones in the forum.
#3 I do not know, but I would like to find out this one too. If you get the answer in one of the other threads, would you mind sharing the link. Thanks