+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
Guess what?? I just received my MR this morning ;D ;D ;D keep up the good work HKVO!!!
i also received MR for my kids who is 4 and 5 years old, is it normal?
Yes, everyone must be examined. But for the kids it is quick and easy.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
What are the tests for kids ?
Honestly I forgot exactly! But it's easy they just take height and weight and a doctor comes and gives the kids a very basic exam for any obvious problems and ask the parents if the kids have any problems. There was no urine sample, blood pressure, blood draw or anything like that for the kids. Can't remember if there was an x-ray. I think there is a thread about medical exams that should have detailed info.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
future_canadian said:
Honestly I forgot exactly! But it's easy they just take height and weight and a doctor comes and gives the kids a very basic exam for any obvious problems and ask the parents if the kids have any problems. There was no urine sample, blood pressure, blood draw or anything like that for the kids. Can't remember if there was an x-ray. I think there is a thread about medical exams that should have detailed info.
Really appreciate your kind advice, future_canadian. Hopefully my kids won't freak out to be checked by the doctor ;D
we have to do the test within 30 days of the letter, is that mean we have 30 days to find a doctor and do the test OR within 30 days the result should be received by HKVO? i think should be the 1st :p 8)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
Really appreciate your kind advice, future_canadian. Hopefully my kids won't freak out to be checked by the doctor ;D
we have to do the test within 30 days of the letter, is that mean we have 30 days to find a doctor and do the test OR within 30 days the result should be received by HKVO? i think should be the 1st :p 8)
30 days to take the exam, though if you use an e-medical enabled doctor the results are uploaded very quickly.

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be boarding a plane to Toronto coming Monday and start my new adventure over there. I will be happy to share my landing experience once I got there. For the first 8 nights, I have booked a small apartment on Airbnb - really hope that this will ge well.

The best part is that the company that I am working for here in China approved a transfer of me to their subsidiary in Canada where I got a job offer already in hands. I will have around 3 weeks in Toronto before I will start to work there - hopefully that leaves sufficient time to find an apartment and get it furnished.

Feel free to contact me if you have any difficulties or open questions in the future as well and good luck to all of you:)

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
waiwera said:
Guess what?? I just received my MR this morning ;D ;D ;D keep up the good work HKVO!!!
Congrats!
It's great to know VO is active.

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
waiwera said:
Congrats!

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
CAJan said:
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be boarding a plane to Toronto coming Monday and start my new adventure over there. I will be happy to share my landing experience once I got there. For the first 8 nights, I have booked a small apartment on Airbnb - really hope that this will ge well.

The best part is that the company that I am working for here in China approved a transfer of me to their subsidiary in Canada where I got a job offer already in hands. I will have around 3 weeks in Toronto before I will start to work there - hopefully that leaves sufficient time to find an apartment and get it furnished.

Feel free to contact me if you have any difficulties or open questions in the future as well and good luck to all of you:)
Fantastic!
This is one of the examples where after a long wait, all the roads open for better tomorrow and things just click. Have a great new start and all the best

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
future_canadian said:
30 days to take the exam, though if you use an e-medical enabled doctor the results are uploaded very quickly.
Do you remember where you took the test? and how much was the cost?

CAJan said:
Hey all,

Best of luck for you, mate!!!

kanadjani said:
Congrats!
Thanks, Kanadjani ;D

Jan 20, 2015
Hi all. Hope you can help me with a couple of questions.
How long do we need to stay in Canada after landing? How long can we go away for? We want to land in Canada asap and buy a property but would then like to move back to Hong Kong for another year. Is this possible?

Also, we have had our police certificate requests 1.5 months ago but no medical requests yet. Is this normal?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maylynnfunnell said:
Hi all. Hope you can help me with a couple of questions.
How long do we need to stay in Canada after landing? How long can we go away for? We want to land in Canada asap and buy a property but would then like to move back to Hong Kong for another year. Is this possible?

Also, we have had our police certificate requests 1.5 months ago but no medical requests yet. Is this normal?
Yes you can leave Canada for a year but be careful to fulfill your residency requirement of two years out of every five.

Your timeline doesn't seem unusual so far.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
Do you remember where you took the test? and how much was the cost?
Can't remember the name exactly but they were in Central on Connaught or Des Voeux Rd I think. There is a list of providers sent along with your medical request. It was fairly expensive for the adults, around HK$2500 if I recall.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
future_canadian said:
We landed in Vancouver today. We are house hunting this week. It's expensive, but good to be here!
Good to hear! Good Luck on your house hunting. Please share your experience with us. ;D ;D