AOR Received.
15-01-2015
File Transfer...
02-04-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
We are in the last stage of the process. 3rd line - medical results are received and all requested documents were sent in early June. I just notice that my daughter's passport will be due mid 2016 (ie one year from now). As the passport will be used for visa, any recommendation what we should do now? re-new the passport now?, but it will make it different from what we submitted.

How long does it take normally for Decision made from all doc sent?

many thanks.

Heck

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing/HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
19-05-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2105
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
18-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2015
LANDED..........
PPR "landing" on Dec 6 / Already living in Canada since September 2015
DMJJ said:
We are in the last stage of the process. 3rd line - medical results are received and all requested documents were sent in early June. I just notice that my daughter's passport will be due mid 2016 (ie one year from now). As the passport will be used for visa, any recommendation what we should do now? re-new the passport now?, but it will make it different from what we submitted.

many thanks.
Hi DMJJ,

Congratulations on your TLU! No reason to worry about your daughter's passport, IMO. Visa will only be valid till one year after the Medical Exams anyway, which should be before her PP expires.
The only possible issue would be if your PPR doesn't come till the end of 2015, because your passport need to be valid for at least 6 months when visa is issued. In this case, her PP should be renewed and the PPR email would also mention that.

As for the "how long" part of your question, there's no way to reply, especially when it comes to HKVO. My guess would be another couple of months if there are no long delays on security check.

Good luck!

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Why some Visa Offices are faster than others ? Are the agencies who do the screening job different from VO to another? Why would we left behind ?

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
DMJJ said:

many thanks.
i think you still have time to renew your daughter's passport, it won't take few months, right? after you got the new passport, then inform CIC about that. best of luck ;D

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Bachar said:
Why some Visa Offices are faster than others ? Are the agencies who do the screening job different from VO to another? Why would we left behind ?
well, our beloved HKVO works in a "special and unpredictable way", save our breath and sweat to do something else than just waiting helplessly. Earn more money, upgrade our skills, etc, so when the time comes, we get ourselves ready to pack the bags and leave with honor 8)
seriously, there is nothing we can do to change HKVO way of doing things tho ;D :p

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
waiwera said:
well, our beloved HKVO works in a "special and unpredictable way", save our breath and sweat to do something else than just waiting helplessly. Earn more money, upgrade our skills, etc, so when the time comes, we get ourselves ready to pack the bags and leave with honor 8)
seriously, there is nothing we can do to change HKVO way of doing things tho ;D :p
YES, patience is the key to the door.
We were a May applicant, and the case is not over yet.
Good Luck everyone. ;)

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
Bachar said:
Maybe it is the time to order CAIPS notes , any suggestions for a good company to do it ?
Wait at least another 3 weeks - if you do not hear anything by then, you can start to consider that. You just got your MR and they received your docs just a bit over 2 weeks ago as I can read from this thread.

Try to relax, I am pretty sure that you will get your PR in the end - there are just a handful of cases overall that got denied at this stage.

Patience is really important. After all, you are a November applicant. I am a July applicant and just got my PR 1.5 months ago...

You will get there. :)

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
CAJan said:
Wait at least another 3 weeks - if you do not hear anything by then, you can start to consider that. You just got your MR and they received your docs just a bit over 2 weeks ago as I can read from this thread.

Try to relax, I am pretty sure that you will get your PR in the end - there are just a handful of cases overall that got denied at this stage.

Patience is really important. After all, you are a November applicant. I am a July applicant and just got my PR 1.5 months ago...

You will get there. :)
Thank you for your advice, but actually I did not get MR yet :( , just a docs request with asking to pay RPRF

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
Bachar said:
Thank you for your advice, but actually I did not get MR yet :( , just a docs request with asking to pay RPRF
I see, but still, it took me 8.5 months to receive MR after my application reached the CIO. Applied to your schedule, that would mean mid/late July. In fact, you are even ahead of my schedule as I was asked to pay the RPRF when I was requested to do my medical exam. :)

Once you are done with your MR after you received it, the PPR will follow suit after just 2-3 weeks, so I expect you to be through the entire process by end of August/beginning of September!

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Bachar said:
I totally understand your growing impatience (and those of others who are in the same boat), and I still keenly remember how frustrating the wait was for me. Having said that and now with the advantage of hindsight, I think we all need to realize that the visa officers who work at the HKVO (or any other offices) are real, breathing, individual human beings. We like to look and compare timelines, and when some of us seem to fall behind, we automatically start over-analyzing the situation, and fall victim to the fear that something must've gone wrong. But most of the time, that's not the case.

These visa officers are humans, not robots. And as such, it's not hard to see that each individual must have his/her individualized style in terms of case review, and as a result process cases at slightly different speeds. We can't just expect our assigned visa officer to simply drop everything he/she is doing as soon as our supplemental documents arrive, and start reviewing our case. On top of that, don't forget that as human beings, they are also entitled to vacations, sick days, mood swings, or simply having a bad day and wanting to slow down a bit. :) This can explain a lot of the inconsistencies in our timelines.

My point is if you're confident that you've submitted everything that was asked of you and done everything you could, then take a deep breath and give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You've come this far and you will most likely make it to the end. The wait is an inevitable part of this process. We ALL go through it. But trust me, once you arrive at the much-hoped-for destination, you will realize that the wait, rather than the end, is what made this whole process so memorable.

Best of luck to us all!

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
hello
short question on the status: did anyone from applicants who got additional doc request on May 19th get SLU?
i haven't...

for those (lucky ones ;) ) who have SLU already - when was it updated?

thank you

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
CAJan said:
I see, but still, it took me 8.5 months to receive MR after my application reached the CIO. Applied to your schedule, that would mean mid/late July. In fact, you are even ahead of my schedule as I was asked to pay the RPRF when I was requested to do my medical exam. :)

Once you are done with your MR after you received it, the PPR will follow suit after just 2-3 weeks, so I expect you to be through the entire process by end of August/beginning of September!
Thank you , I hope a smooth and fast process for all of us

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
teddiegracie said:
I totally understand your growing impatience (and those of others who are in the same boat), and I still keenly remember how frustrating the wait was for me. Having said that and now with the advantage of hindsight, I think we all need to realize that the visa officers who work at the HKVO (or any other offices) are real, breathing, individual human beings. We like to look and compare timelines, and when some of us seem to fall behind, we automatically start over-analyzing the situation, and fall victim to the fear that something must've gone wrong. But most of the time, that's not the case.

These visa officers are humans, not robots. And as such, it's not hard to see that each individual must have his/her individualized style in terms of case review, and as a result process cases at slightly different speeds. We can't just expect our assigned visa officer to simply drop everything he/she is doing as soon as our supplemental documents arrive, and start reviewing our case. On top of that, don't forget that as human beings, they are also entitled to vacations, sick days, mood swings, or simply having a bad day and wanting to slow down a bit. :) This can explain a lot of the inconsistencies in our timelines.

My point is if you're confident that you've submitted everything that was asked of you and done everything you could, then take a deep breath and give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You've come this far and you will most likely make it to the end. The wait is an inevitable part of this process. We ALL go through it. But trust me, once you arrive at the much-hoped-for destination, you will realize that the wait, rather than the end, is what made this whole process so memorable.

Best of luck to us all!
Thank you, I understand that totally, but why for example Ottawa VO is faster than Hong Kong or New Delhi ?

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Guess what?? I just received my MR this morning ;D ;D ;D keep up the good work HKVO!!!
i also received MR for my kids who is 4 and 5 years old, is it normal?