Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
future_canadian said:
Yes this is a source of confusion as most questions only ask about the last 10 years but security/criminality check is lifelong. Good luck!
I have the same problem... I have lived in Hawaii for 19 mos.when I was 20. Should i apply for this? I have read the how-to-do in the FBI website, it says it will take approximately 12-14 weeks for the processing plus mailing time... How to deal with this? Any advice is highly appreciated...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serc said:
Hi future canadian! I am a newbie here and i have some questions. Will the AOR come after i submit the additional documents like PCC , pay RPRF ,hukou, and notarized copies of my dependent children? In my ECAS, it is just IN PROCESS , we received ur application on Dec.22,2014.

Thanks!
Usually the AOR will come to your e-mail. It will come before you receive any further document requests from the VO.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestwishes said:
Sigh.............I really wish our RPFR and PPR will come soon........waiting is a real pain :-[

BTW, do u think PPR means an applicant will get the PR visa for sure ? Or there is still uncertainty? Is there any case of failure even after PPR?
I'm not aware of any case of failure after PPR.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serc said:
Hi ! Seems interesting that they really asked about the hukou thing for foreigners! We are on the same boat! Let us know if anyone has update about that issue. Thanks!
This is because they send out form letters. For mainland Chinese and Taiwanese applicants they ask for hukou, so it is in their standard form letter that they send to everyone applying from those places. All you have to do is explain that you don't have one because people from your country of origin don't have them.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommy tommy said:
Dear all,

I'm a HK citizen. Recently I got an e-mail from HKVO regarding PCC & RPRF, there are two statements that in the e-mail:

1. " For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate."

2. " Photocopies of the notarized documents are not acceptable, the original notarized booklet must be submitted."

Does it mean that I have to submit the original birth certificate of my children?

Please help. Thanks.
What they mean is that you cannot have a notarized document and then make a copy of it. You have to make a copy of the document and then have that notarized.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelfinwong said:
Hi All,
I have received my EE interview request this morning, I am an applicant from China.
I believe that I am the FIRST one who got interview in EE.
Please can you share some info about interview in EE?
Everyone in this thread was FSW, so probably none of us knows. There is a thread on this forum for preparing for an interview, but that is for FSW applicants. I don't know if or how the EE interview differs. You might look on the forum for an EE-specific interview thread. If there isn't one then the existing interview thread is at least a good place to start. Good luck!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaris said:
Thanks for this piece of information.

I think the plane boarding pass is also another piece of evidence even though that may not be conclusive. The most authoritative piece of evidence is an arrival stamp on the passport by the Customs. But, for we Hong Kong residents, we only need our HKID card to pass thru HK Customs. I was wondering if I could go to the HK Customs counter to specifically request an arrival time stamp on my passport.
You could, but what is your ultimate concern?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serc said:
I have the same problem... I have lived in Hawaii for 19 mos.when I was 20. Should i apply for this? I have read the how-to-do in the FBI website, it says it will take approximately 12-14 weeks for the processing plus mailing time... How to deal with this? Any advice is highly appreciated...
Yes, you must provide this. You lived there longer than 6 months and it was after you turned 18. Apply for the FBI PCC without delay so that you will have it when the VO asks you for it.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Serc said:
If you already received a PCC request, you must send VO an email and explain then you need 14 weeks to get US one, and ask them for extension

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
future_canadian said:
Yes, you must provide this. You lived there longer than 6 months and it was after you turned 18. Apply for the FBI PCC without delay so that you will have it when the VO asks you for it.
Thanks so much...I should start it then.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
Bachar said:
If you already received a PCC request, you must send VO an email and explain then you need 14 weeks to get US one, and ask them for extension
Hi,thanks! I received a PCC request already. Do u think i can i just submit the PCC from mainland china and other required docs while i wait for their email?

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
future_canadian said:
Usually the AOR will come to your e-mail. It will come before you receive any further document requests from the VO.
Thanks for ur reply... I haven't received any email aside from the PER. Then the request for the RPRF, hukou,PPC just came in...i read the others timeline and so i wonder

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
Does anyone has had any experience on how to get the FBI police clearance cert while in China? The fingerprinting is the troublesome part as I cannot just use an ordinary bond paper...

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
future_canadian said:
You could, but what is your ultimate concern?
My concern is how to show CIC that I'll satisfy the residency obligations as a PR. After landing, I plan to live there for 2 years and then come back to Hong Kong. I'll return to Canada at the end of the first 5 years to renew my PR card. When I leave Canada, there will be no departure stamp from Vancouver Customs. Even when I get back to HK, there will be no arrival stamp on passport. It seems to me that there is no single authoritative way of proving my residency period in Canada besides the utility bills and plane boarding pass.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaris said:
My concern is how to show CIC that I'll satisfy the residency obligations as a PR. After landing, I plan to live there for 2 years and then come back to Hong Kong. I'll return to Canada at the end of the first 5 years to renew my PR card. When I leave Canada, there will be no departure stamp from Vancouver Customs. Even when I get back to HK, there will be no arrival stamp on passport. It seems to me that there is no single authoritative way of proving my residency period in Canada besides the utility bills and plane boarding pass.
Yes there is. They know when you enter and leave Canada. As long as they see that you have spent 2 years there out of 5 you are ok. But it is always good to save extra supporting documentation such as boarding passes, utility bills, pay stubs, tax returns, etc.

You say you will live in Canada for 2 years and then return at the end of the first 5 years to renew PR. Be very careful. They count the 2 years (730 days) TO THE DAY. Any day you enter Canada is included, but any day you leave Canada is NOT included (unless you return on the same day). And also, the 5-year periods are not discrete, they are rolling. A new 5-year period starts every day. So for example:

1 January 2015: You land and become a PR.
1 January 2017: You leave Canada and return to HK. In these two years you did not leave Canada for even one day.
31 December 2019: You return to Canada to renew PR.
1 January 2020: You leave Canada again to return to HK.

In the above scenario, on 31 December 2019 you have met your residency requirement and are eligible to renew PR. But starting 3 January 2020, you will be OUT OF STATUS, even though you just renewed your PR card, because during the 5 year period from 3 January 2015 to 2 January 2020 you did not spend 730 days in Canada, and therefore you are subject to losing PR status! Or suppose that during those first 2 years you flew to the USA for a weekend holiday, or flew back to HK to visit your family for a week. Then on 31 December 2019 you will not have met your residency requirement and will not be able to renew your PR card. Again, they count it to the exact day!

The only way to make sure you are not at any risk of losing PR status is to ensure that there is NO 5-year period starting on ANY day where you were not in Canada for at least 730 days. Spending a 2-year chunk of time in Canada and then leaving for 3 years is NOT a good idea. You are likely to lose your PR.

For even more details you may wish to consult a Canadian immigration lawyer. Be careful!