FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heck said:
Hi guys,

Did any of you get MR or any other info after that odd RPRF/hukou/PCC email?

I sent an email asking about the Hukou, since I'm not a Chinese/Taiwan citizen. No answer till now. I'm thinking of sending the rest of the docs and simply explain on my cover letter why I'm not sending it. What do you guys think?
That's exactly what you should do.

bestwishes

Jul 28, 2014
Hi, future canadian

Do u know around how many days will I receive RPRF and passport request after ME & PCC received by HKVO?

Patrick Lam

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2014
File Transfer...
Mar-2014
Med's Request
Oct-2014
Med's Done....
1st Med Exam on Nov-2014 and 2nd Med done on Mar-2015
teddiegracie said:
It's true that all FSW applications got transferred from BJVO to HKVO in late March. This seems to have caused some delays for applicants whose files got transferred, but from what I've seen, not so much for those who originally applied to HKVO.

As your second round of medical exam did not get cleared until March, and since your application is still within the average processing timeframe (currently at 11 months), I don't think there's much for you to do at this point. It looks like VOs can still run security checks after medical results have been cleared (and this is happening for some applicants), so this could be one of the reasons why you haven't heard anything yet.

Having said that, I think the HKVO has been pretty good at keeping in line with the stated processing time. So if everything goes according to plan, your application should be finalized at the latest in June or early July. That should give you some, if not sufficient, time to prepare for Fall entrance.
Hi Teddiegracie,
Thanks for your kind response. For your information, I submitted PCCs and personal history to HKVO in Feb 2015 as per HKVO email request. Since then, I have not heard any additional instruction from HKVO; therefore, I assumed that PCCs are ok.

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
I've a question regarding the post COPR stage. Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. But, since it's related to Hong Kong residents, I may give it a try and see if anyone out there would kindly have the answer. Thanks in advance!

I already got the COPR and plan to land in Vancouver. I think I will stay there for at least two years and then come back to Hong Kong for a while. In order to satisfy the 2 out of 5 residency rule, next time I go back to Canada, I'll need to prove to the border security guard that I'll have stayed in Canada for 2 years. I was wondering how to prove that. For Hong Kong residents, we use the ID card to pass through Customs here. The Customs won't stamp on the passport. I'd appreciate it if someone would kindly tell me how to prove my residency period in Canada.

Yaris

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
proof that you were in Canada could for example be bank records and phone bills, letters from clients or copies of bills you have sent to your clients. Do you have a day planner for your day to day appointments? Do you keep them from year to year? Such a planner would help.

A letter from the employer you work for. pay slips if any. Bank records show you getting your salary on a regular basis.

Courses you attend and records of that will also help.

If you visit the doctor/dentist every now and then, it can also help to get them to write a letter to what dates you were there because doctors and dentists are respected persons and will be believed if they say you were at their office on such and such dates.

Each piece of evidence may not be worth much by itself but if you have enough, it works together and becomes stronger

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Patrick Lam said:
Hi Teddiegracie,
Thanks for your kind response. For your information, I submitted PCCs and personal history to HKVO in Feb 2015 as per HKVO email request. Since then, I have not heard any additional instruction from HKVO; therefore, I assumed that PCCs are ok.
You're welcome. Based on the CAIPS notes other applicants have shared, it looks like the security check the VO runs is separate from PCCs. The VO might find it necessary to run additional and separate background and/or security checks for some applicants, even after medical results have been cleared.

But we can only guess at this point. I'd say sit tight. Your application is due for a decision soon, so you should be hearing from them any time now!

bestwishes

Jul 28, 2014
teddiegracie said:
You're welcome. Based on the CAIPS notes other applicants have shared, it looks like the security check the VO runs is separate from PCCs. The VO might find it necessary to run additional and separate background and/or security checks for some applicants, even after medical results have been cleared.

But we can only guess at this point. I'd say sit tight. Your applicant is due for a decision soon, so you should be hearing from them any time now!
Hi, teddiegracle

Could you pls give more ideas on what kind of security checks other than PCCs?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestwishes said:
Hi, future canadian

Do u know around how many days will I receive RPRF and passport request after ME & PCC received by HKVO?
Unpredictable. For me it was over 4 months. But I also had to renew a passport during that time which caused a slight delay.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestwishes said:
Hi, teddiegracle

Could you pls give more ideas on what kind of security checks other than PCCs?
They use their own internal databases from their security and intelligence agencies. They also share information with all of the Five Eyes nations (USA, UK, Australia, NZ) and possibly others (who knows). They contact all of the agencies that issued the PCCs to confirm them. The inner workings are not open to pubic view, but security checks are a problem for very few applicants. They just increase your waiting time.

kelfinwong

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Chengdu, P.R.C
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Nomination.....
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
04-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015
LANDED..........
pending
Hi All,
I have received my EE interview request this morning, I am an applicant from China.
I believe that I am the FIRST one who got interview in EE.
Please can you share some info about interview in EE?

tommy tommy

Aug 10, 2014
Dear all,

I'm a HK citizen. Recently I got an e-mail from HKVO regarding PCC & RPRF, there are two statements that in the e-mail:

1. " For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate."

2. " Photocopies of the notarized documents are not acceptable, the original notarized booklet must be submitted."

Does it mean that I have to submit the original birth certificate of my children?

Please help. Thanks.

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for this piece of information.

I think the plane boarding pass is also another piece of evidence even though that may not be conclusive. The most authoritative piece of evidence is an arrival stamp on the passport by the Customs. But, for we Hong Kong residents, we only need our HKID card to pass thru HK Customs. I was wondering if I could go to the HK Customs counter to specifically request an arrival time stamp on my passport.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
Bachar said:
Hello,

it seems that we all received a document request at the same day, I need you to share your experience.
The asked for Police certificates, Hukou (household register), notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate for any dependent children.
I sent our PCC in November with the application, why HKVO asked for it again ?
I am not Chinese, but I live in China, and I don't have Hukou, what should I do ?
Hi ! Seems interesting that they really asked about the hukou thing for foreigners! We are on the same boat! Let us know if anyone has update about that issue. Thanks!

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
future_canadian said:
That is actually your PER not AOR. AOR will probably come within another 6-8 weeks.
Hi future canadian! I am a newbie here and i have some questions. Will the AOR come after i submit the additional documents like PCC , pay RPRF ,hukou, and notarized copies of my dependent children? In my ECAS, it is just IN PROCESS , we received ur application on Dec.22,2014.

Thanks!

bestwishes

Jul 28, 2014
future_canadian said:
Unpredictable. For me it was over 4 months. But I also had to renew a passport during that time which caused a slight delay.
Sigh.............I really wish our RPFR and PPR will come soon........waiting is a real pain :-[

BTW, do u think PPR means an applicant will get the PR visa for sure ? Or there is still uncertainty? Is there any case of failure even after PPR?