+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm pleased to report we received passports and COPRs back Tuesday! Good luck everyone else. I'll still be around on the forum to help when I can. :D

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
future_canadian said:
I'm pleased to report we received passports and COPRs back Tuesday! Good luck everyone else. I'll still be around on the forum to help when I can. :D
That's really a great news :D
Congratulations

CAJan

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
AOR Received.
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2015
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
future_canadian said:
Congrats!!! Do you have any plans already when and where you are planning to land and settle?

By the way, thanks to everyone for the kind words in response to my PPR! :)

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
future_canadian said:
Hi,
I believe you received your COPR from HK visa office. I got it two weeks ago. But I still have a problem with my COPR.
In another computer-generated letter, it said that the landing expiration date is noted in ITEM 33 of the confirmation of permanent residence form (COPR). I've carefully browsed through the COPR and still couldn't find any ITEM 33 in the COPR. Do you have the same problem?

Hope they didn't give me the wrong COPR form.

Thanks.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAJan said:
Congrats!!! Do you have any plans already when and where you are planning to land and settle?

By the way, thanks to everyone for the kind words in response to my PPR! :)
Thank you. We'll be going to the Vancouver area this summer. Hope to meet others who might be going there!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaris said:
Hi,
I believe you received your COPR from HK visa office. I got it two weeks ago. But I still have a problem with my COPR.
In another computer-generated letter, it said that the landing expiration date is noted in ITEM 33 of the confirmation of permanent residence form (COPR). I've carefully browsed through the COPR and still couldn't find any ITEM 33 in the COPR. Do you have the same problem?

Hope they didn't give me the wrong COPR form.

Thanks.
It's confusing because there are no item numbers on the form. But I believe in their internal system the items are numbered. Just look at the expiration date on your COPR and that's the one that should guide you.

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
future_canadian said:
It's confusing because there are no item numbers on the form. But I believe in their internal system the items are numbered. Just look at the expiration date on your COPR and that's the one that should guide you.
Thanks for sharing your information. I feel much less worried now because I'm not the only one who got this confusing COPR form from the Hong Kong visa office. Looks like other applicants from Hong Kong got this confusing letter too. I just think this is kind of weird.

Both the covering letter and the COPR are important documents. I'm not trying to accuse the Canadian Immigration Department. As legal immigration documents, I think the documents should be precise without any doubt at all.

Anyway, thanks again.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Think_Positive said:
Which center did you go? No one asked me to send those sheets to VO. After all, I didn't. The sheets are still with me and now I have already proceeded to "Decision Made" status. It might just be a safeguard advice from the doctor, I guess.
I did mine in the States. You're right, looks like no one is really sending the info sheet to the VO. But my results were supposedly uploaded more than a week ago, and I still don't see any status update in the system. Quite frustrating. :(

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaris said:
Thanks for sharing your information. I feel much less worried now because I'm not the only one who got this confusing COPR form from the Hong Kong visa office. Looks like other applicants from Hong Kong got this confusing letter too. I just think this is kind of weird.

Both the covering letter and the COPR are important documents. I'm not trying to accuse the Canadian Immigration Department. As legal immigration documents, I think the documents should be precise without any doubt at all.

Anyway, thanks again.
I agree, it's a little ridiculous that they refer to ITEM 33 when there is no such thing!

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Massive congrats to all who received good news!

walkwithlord

Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Lucky me found this topic today.
I got Local VO started processing status since 28 March.
It was a month ago.
Still do not get the medical request.
Worrying...I'm afraid that I did delete the email accidentally
as I know someone got the started processing status later then me got medical request already.

A question
Will HK office ask me for police certificate and medical request at the same time.
Or
one by one?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walkwithlord said:
Lucky me found this topic today.
I got Local VO started processing status since 28 March.
It was a month ago.
Still do not get the medical request.
Worrying...I'm afraid that I did delete the email accidentally
as I know someone got the started processing status later then me got medical request already.

A question
Will HK office ask me for police certificate and medical request at the same time.
Or
one by one?
I and others got MR and PCC request together but there is some indication that they are doing them separately now.

Don't be worried. From my second line update to MR was nearly 2 months. Everyone's case is different.

Jan 20, 2015
You are so kind to reply with so so much much information Future Canada! you so much.

When and how do we get a police certificate?

What happens in an interview?

Is it possible to fail a medical exam? We have no major illnesses but my husband has type 1 diabetes which is genetic not due to fitness. In fact, he's very fit.

Also where clean I the the spreadsheet please? ,

quote author=future_canadian link=topic=244978.msg4223795#msg4223795 date=1429192445]
If the last thing that happened for you was that you received PER then the next thing that will happen is you'll get an e-mail from HKVO saying that they received your application and it has been placed into the queue for processing (AOR). You can probably expect this within a month, but don't worry if it takes longer as they seem to work in bursts.

After that, it's possible that you will be contacted for further information or an interview. But assuming all is in order with your application the chance of this is low. Most likely the next step will be you will receive an e-mail requesting you to take your medical exams and send in your police certificates. You can expect this roughly 6-12 weeks after AOR. After you complete medicals, assuming you pass all the exams, you will get a request to submit your passport and pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (PPR). Times for this vary widely because this is when they run security checks. It can take as little as a few weeks after your medicals but for me it was 4 months.

Once you submit passports you'll have your visa within 30 days.

You can look on the spreadsheet and choose the apps by VO and average processing times for more info.

As a conservative estimate, assuming no problems I'd be surprised if you didn't have your visa by October 1. It could be much sooner.
[/quote]

Jan 20, 2015
You are so kind to reply with so so much much information Future Canada! you so much.

Is it possible to fail a medical exam? We have no major illnesses but my husband has type 1 diabetes which is genetic not due to fitness. In fact, he's very fit.

quote author=future_canadian link=topic=244978.msg4223795#msg4223795 date=1429192445]
If the last thing that happened for you was that you received PER then the next thing that will happen is you'll get an e-mail from HKVO saying that they received your application and it has been placed into the queue for processing (AOR). You can probably expect this within a month, but don't worry if it takes longer as they seem to work in bursts.

After that, it's possible that you will be contacted for further information or an interview. But assuming all is in order with your application the chance of this is low. Most likely the next step will be you will receive an e-mail requesting you to take your medical exams and send in your police certificates. You can expect this roughly 6-12 weeks after AOR. After you complete medicals, assuming you pass all the exams, you will get a request to submit your passport and pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (PPR). Times for this vary widely because this is when they run security checks. It can take as little as a few weeks after your medicals but for me it was 4 months.

Once you submit passports you'll have your visa within 30 days.

You can look on the spreadsheet and choose the apps by VO and average processing times for more info.

As a conservative estimate, assuming no problems I'd be surprised if you didn't have your visa by October 1. It could be much sooner.
[/quote]

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maylynnfunnell said:

You can see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ. There are lots of tabs for sorting through the info. In the upper right there is a link for adding your own information.

Yes it is possible to fail a medical. You can only fail the medical by having a condition that will cost the medical system in Canada more than the average annual per capital health care spending or by having a condition that is a danger to the health or safety of other Canadians. Either way, if your medical brings up such an issue, you will receive a "fairness letter" warning you of this, and you will have opportunity to respond, and even to appeal if you are rejected on medical grounds. There are some excellent threads on this forum about how to respond to a fairness letter and about which conditions are likely to result in a fairness letter. If your husband's diabetes is under control and the annual cost of his treatments (including necessary drugs, insulin, etc) falls below the threshold amount you will be fine. I don't know offhand what the threshold amount is.

What happens in an interview depends partially on the reason they asked for an interview. Only a small minority of applicants are interviewed. A few are randomly selected, but usually interviews are requested because they have some doubt about the information in your application and they want to verify it by seeing documents in person and/or asking questions to assess your truthfulness. If you've been directed to attend an interview, again there are some excellent threads on this forum about how to prepare for the interview and what to do while at the interview. If you haven't been directed to attend an interview and you've got your medical request then you can be confident that no interview will be necessary, though it's impossible to say for sure.

This page is a good starting point for you to determine how to order police certificates from just about anywhere: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you didn't include all necessary police certificates with your application you will get a request for them sometime after the VO begins processing your application. For most countries you can order them ahead of time and you should do that now so you don't have to wait so long after they are requested. Especially if you need one from the USA, because it takes a while. A few places like Hong Kong will not issue a police certificate without a request letter from the VO, and they will send them directly to the VO, but for most places you can and should order ahead.

Good luck!