Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Wish some return trackers be activated today!!!

Shah Manan

Jan 18, 2016
Hello All,

I have been following this thread for some time now. My FedEx return tracker just got activated today. Passports received by Ottawa office on Jan 11th.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Shah Manan said:
Hello All,

I have been following this thread for some time now. My FedEx return tracker just got activated today. Passports received by Ottawa office on Jan 11th.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
I received mine back. Were received on the 8th at Ottawa.
Roozic, was your original date of entry correct in COpr? It looks that for lots of applicants they put the same date for original date of entry and last date which is not correct for inland applicants!

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uwaterloo, did you receive your passport with copr back? if yes, can you check if the original date of entry has been correctly mentioned in your copr or not? although it looks that cic do this mistake frequently in copr for inland applicants and apparently, it is not a big issue!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Roozic, was your original date of entry correct in COpr? It looks that for lots of applicants they put the same date for original date of entry and last date which is not correct for inland applicants!
You can later request to amend COPR. Takes 6 months. I am in the middle of the process.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
You can later request to amend COPR. Takes 6 months. I am in the middle of the process.
Diplomatru, did you ask the border agent to correct this for you? I did a quick research about this. It looks that for a lot of applicants this mistake has happened. border agents have told applicants that this would not be a problem since cic has all of our previous immigration information based on UCI number and in case that in future rules change and they gonna count our previous time living in canada toward the citizenship application, you can claim for it based on your documents including old study permit, work permits and visas.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Diplomatru, did you ask the border agent to correct this for you? I did a quick research about this. It looks that for a lot of applicants this mistake has happened. border agents have told applicants that this would not be a problem since cic has all of our previous immigration information based on UCI number and in case that in future rules change and they gonna count our previous time living in canada toward the citizenship application, you can claim for it based on your documents including old study permit, work permits and visas.
No, I didn't make any requests during landing because SCCA has precluded the pre-landing credit for SP/WP holders, so my original landing date made no difference at that moment. Since the LPC made a promise to reinstate the credit, I applied for correction of COPR with OSC-Ottawa. It's free of charge and I prefer to have a documented case rather than proving something to the Cit. officer in three years.

lovevancity

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
File Transfer...
14-Mar-2015
Med's Request
30-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
04-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2016
Alialiali said:
did anyone receive ppr today?
Nothing yet. I haven't received mine. Lol

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovevancity said:
Nothing yet. I haven't received mine. Lol
thank god there are more people. i thought it is only me and fswsunshine lol.

when there's a lot of applicants still waiting just like you, makes you feel better that there is nothing wrong in your file and cpc-ottawa is just lazy..and it is a matter of time.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
No, I didn't make any requests during landing because SCCA has precluded the pre-landing credit for SP/WP holders, so my original landing date made no difference at that moment. Since the LPC made a promise to reinstate the credit, I applied for correction of COPR with OSC-Ottawa. It's free of charge and I prefer to have a documented case rather than proving something to the Cit. officer in three years.
This is absolutely fine to apply for correction of COPR original date of entry. However keep in your mind that when you apply for citizenship, this original date of entry is useless since you may left canada a week after you original date on entry and came back later. The key point is the proof of documents that you have including study permit, work permit, old passport visas and even the translation of your passport pages which shows when you have been away from canada and when did you come back (e.g, during the vacation or visiting back home).

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
This is absolutely fine to apply for correction of COPR original date of entry. However keep in your mind that when you apply for citizenship, this original date of entry is useless since you may left canada a week after you original date on entry and came back later. The key point is the proof of documents that you have including study permit, work permit, old passport visas and even the translation of your passport pages which shows when you have been away from canada and when did you come back (e.g, during the vacation or visiting back home).
You won't need that. CBSA has all the records of your exits (through airlines passenger manifests and CBP in case of land travel to the U.S.) and entries to Canada. Documented proof is needed only if application is non-routine.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
You won't need that. CBSA has all the records of your exits (through airlines passenger manifests and CBP in case of land travel to the U.S.) and entries to Canada. Documented proof is needed only if application is non-routine.
If this is the case, which I agree with it, why does the original date of entry in copr matter? As I said earlier, when you apply for citizenship, you claim all the time which you have been in canada before and after landing and cic based on you UCI no. can evaluate it. So in case that citizenship rules change and we gonna be able to claim for our time stayed in Canada before landing for citizenship, we would be able to earn it regardless of original date of entry in copr (previous experience of members at borders tells us the same thing based on the officers answers).

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
zorroo said:

Hi zorroo,
Mine origin entry date is blank!
Thanks for pointing out wouldn't have paid attention otherwise.
Guess it's a thing to ask CBSA while landing or should I inform about this to CIC rightway?
TIA