21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
mariani29 said:
ssy81, maybe after the interview everything will be clear for them and they will keep the passports and give you visas :) Good luck!
Thank you Mariani29! I'm quite tensed, but hopefully everything will be just fine.

ssy81

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
28-02-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
Med's Request
29-02-2016 / Rcvd 26-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
Hi everybody,

I'm writing here to share my interview experience at Bucharest VO on 21 June 2016 @ 10.00 AM.
I was asked to attend immigration interview after Medicals completed, which happens very seldom. Actually, I received the interview convocation email only 20 minutes after I sent email to BVO that now Dubai police clearance for my husband is issued. (This PCC took us 3 months to obtain and we were updating BVO regarding the process because we couldn't meet the 30-day deadline)

Bucharest VO sent interview convocation email on 30 May 2016 and requested both me and my husband to attend it.
Due to the short-ish notice, I was unable to obtain new GCMS notes. However, I had notes from April 2016 which suggested I will be interviewed about eligibility (work experience). The eligibility remark was dated Feb'16. So BVO decided to send us MR even though my eligibility was not yet confirmed.

My husband and me arrived at the Canadian Embassy at 09.00 AM. We showed the interview invitation email to security and were asked to come back at 09:45 AM. At that time, we showed (again) our interview letter and passports. We were requested to switch off our cellular phones and hand them over. They were placed in a safe box and we were given the key.
Then the security led us to the waiting room, which was empty even the lights were partially off.

At 10:05 AM, an officer took our documents which were enlisted in the Interview email. She asked if we can speak English or French, which we confirmed . She took the documents and said the visa officer in charge with our case will review them and the interview will begin after 20 minutes.

At 10:25 AM, our visa officer came and I was asked to enter in one of the booths. This first 45 minutes of the interview I was interviewed alone. I spoke about my education and work experience for the period 2011-2016 . My experience before this year was not discussed during the interview.
The VO asked me regarding the reason of my previous failed FSW application from year 2008. I explained that back then I received NER due to I was mainly bookkeeper but after 2011 I took more specialized job as an accountant. Then I spoke about my accountant duties in my present company for around 5 minutes. The VO was taking written notes throughout this part of the interview.

At around 30 minutes, the ellibility part of the interview was completed. Then VO asked me to explain regarding the Court Order for my elder child (from previous marriage) which substitutes the father's consent for immigration to Canada. I explained how Bulgarian Courts work and confirmed that this court order is not final and it can be pleaded to higher court which will take more time. She said, OK, then send me a translated notarized copy of the final court order and translation of the Bulgarian Family code Articles, which are mentioned in the court order.

Then she asked my husband to join. We were interviewed together regarding our plans to settle in Canada, how will we look for work, how we will study to upgrade our education to Canadian standards. The visa officer asked regarding the reason my husband was refused UK short stay visa (we sent copy of the refusal letter along with his Background declaration). My husband also spoke about his current job duties.

In the end, my husband initiated conversation in French; it had light character. Then I inquired if the VO is satisfied with the interview and she confirmed.

I hope for the best, may God help us all.

Ahmed sarraf

Feb 3, 2016
Hello

I got an email from the embassy asked me for a new background check and a relationship update and to fill the forms again and i sent it all to them a week ago do you know if that is normal and what is going to happen after that how long I should wait ????

ssy81

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
28-02-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
Hi Ahmed, I think that after this documents request your application will be fast tracked .
Probably the visa officer wants to check if you are still married :) good luck, keep in touch,

Incanada31

Apr 23, 2015
Hello
I have done my medical on Fabruary 2nd, and did not get an answer from them.i sent them an email and they confirm that they received the medical and I have a 4th line that indicate that they got it. How long until I will get to the next step? I am in Canada under a work permit and need to renew in several weeks.

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would start renewing the work permit just in case.

It shouldnt take long after the medical, but each individual case is different. Good luck!

Incanada31 said:
Hello
I have done my medical on Fabruary 2nd, and did not get an answer from them.i sent them an email and they confirm that they received the medical and I have a 4th line that indicate that they got it. How long until I will get to the next step? I am in Canada under a work permit and need to renew in several weeks.

ssy81

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
28-02-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
I think I'm the only one still waiting my FSW 2014 application to be finalized by Bucharest VO.
Is there anyone else?

PFC

Sep 21, 2016
Immigrants to Canada from Romania (including FSW, Provincial Nominees, Quebec-Selected immigrants, Family Class) have a chance to participate in Bucharest on 29 Oct 2016 in a free seminar funded by the Government of Canada and organized by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).

The seminar will provide information on Canada, including, but not limited to:
• Flight and arrival procedures (immigration forms, transfer of funds and belongings, taxes and duties)
• Accommodation (short-term and long-term housing: available options, prices, practical advice and search hints)
• Job-hunting (labour market overview, Canadian CV and motivation letter, interview, search methods for short-term and long-term employment)
• PR Card issuance and renewal, citizenship eligibility, family sponsorship options and requirements
• Education (enrolment into schools, colleges, universities, etc.)
• Healthcare system (free medicare and applicable fees, private insurance, family doctors and health services)
• Canadian taxes (types, rates, filling of tax returns, practical advice)
• Social benefits (employment insurance, maternity/paternity leave, child benefits, etc.)
• Retirement system (types and key features of retirement benefits)
• Other pressing issues on adaptation in Canada (participants may ask any questions they have)

The seminar is free of charge. Coffee breaks and a lunch are provided by the organizers at no cost to participants.

In order to participate in a session, you need to be in the final stage of your immigration (at the stage of your medicals (IMM1017, or e-Medical) / invitation to submit passports for visas / or have a visa).

More information and to register for a free seminar: coaukraine@iom.int.

Pss2009

Jun 26, 2015
ssy81 said:
I think I'm the only one still waiting my FSW 2014 application to be finalized by Bucharest VO.
Is there anyone else?
Hi! I think that I am the last one who has applied under FSW 2014 and hasn't received MR :( Congratulations for the visa!

hm3

Sep 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone here knows how long it takes for the Bucharest VO to complete Express Entry applications?