+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatia86

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Nomination.....
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
probably waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
BetterLife said:

While searching for information, i have found below thread which will be very useful.

How to obtain Ontario Driving License
with our Home Country's D/License

Dear all,

Let me address another query which getting repetitive here. The procedure of obtaining a Canadian driving license is pretty much simple within our 1st few days [max a week]. Remember, this is 'easy' if we are coming from countries which has a similar driving & road management conditions [read 'left-hand drive']. If not, we may have to undertake some training before we apply.
Pre-conditions / Which License:
1. If we have over 24 months 'overseas' driving experience -we get the Ontario G2 Driving License.
2. If we have over 12 months [but less than 24] driving experience -we get the Ontario G1 Driving License.
(Details below)

Direct Swap of Licenses:
If our home country doesn't have a *reciprocal licence exchange agreement with Ontario, we cannot Swap our current D/License to get a Toronto-ON D/License.
*Reciprocal License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and: US, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Austria & Belgium.

What is the Procedure then:
But, in that case do we have to START all over Again? No... We can immediately apply & get a Toronto (Ontario) Driving License thru the following procedure:

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':
1. We must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication'* from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining** our D/License.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy'* of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority. Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.
3. Obtain an International Driving License/Permit*** (IDL / IDP).
stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
*In English or French, the 2 Canadian Official Languages.
**The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].
***This is nothing but a translated copy of our present D/license. (it can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above).

Benefits of the IDL / IDP:
With the foregoing, we can drive a car abroad for three [3] months (2 months, in Ontario). Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. This International Driving Licenses [IDL/IDP]are issued against our original D/Licenses by the Automobile Associations or [sometimes] the RTA/RTO of our home country. Check them for more details.

Step-2 -After you 'Land':
In such cases we are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G2 'waiting period' and get the G2 license immediately [with that 24 months letter] or a G1 driving license [if we only have the above 12 months letter].

Now for the Ontario driver's licence are required to;
1. Present a valid foreign Driver's License*,
2. Provide an acceptable Proof of Identity [SIN, PR card etc.]
3. Pay all applicable Fees,
4. Pass a Vision Test
5. Pass the Written Knowledge Test -regarding Ontario's traffic rules.
*If it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator; [we got that, as the Authentication Letter]

Note: Applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. However, if it is not there, the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's licence application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. In that case we get the G1* license only.

Step-3 -The Tests to take:
Based on the 24 months Authentication Letter the ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter AND,

1. After Step-2, we can attempt the G2*Exit Road Tests (mandatory wait times are waived).
2. Upon successfully passing the G2* Exit Road Test, we get the G2* license.
3. After few months of driving under G2* we can apply for a G*Licence.
4. If we 'only' have the 12 months letter & not the 24, we qualify for G1* Road Test & the G1* driving license only.
5. If we don't provide any letter, we must pass the G1* road test and have a 12-month wait period for taking G2* road test.

*The License Grading Explained [G1, G2 & G]:
-G1 License has certain limitations like we have to always drive alongwith a G license holder. It is thus, useless for us, who have good & adequate driving experience under similar driving conditions & system as that of Canada [read 'left-hand drive' experience & similar road/traffic management conditions].
-G2 License is as good as G, except that we cannot drive on the Highway at certain times (Midnight Rush Hrs. when truck movement starts).
-G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.
Source:
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

Note:
1. The above procedure is mainly addressed for the Ontario (ON) province.
2. The procedure is pretty much similar with all other provinces as well [BC, NS, NB etc.].
3. If we are not coming from a similar driving condition country, we must take some training before we proceed.
4. Usually we can get the G2 driving license quite easily [with the foregoing steps].

source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-get-canadian-driving-license-for-newcomers-t39566.0.html

Great Info...+1

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Cool Cool Canada said:
Thanks for the info prasmeno......I need to have some more patience :)
We all need that I would say.... ;-) :D

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
hardik_shah said:
Hi All,

I received my PER 20 days back and today I am going to submit my passport to get it re issued and i will get it back withing 10 days. I just want to know whether i will have to update CIC about change in my passport. Once the passport is renewed, I will be able to apply for PCC.

Regards,
Hardik
Hi,

You can send a copy to your VO when they ask you to do Medicals. Usually, they also ask for other additional documents like the PCC. So, you can send altogether.

All the best ;)

sidsun

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Re: No MR no MR no MR no MR

hi friends my passports recived to NDVO 7th march via blue dart,but didnt get my passports back,any one know what is reason plz suggest friends

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Amit shah said:

Thanks Bro !!!

Its really very tough to wait, I check CIC application status Thrice a day !!!!!!
I understand... I try not to check it soo much... The key is to have patience and wait till you get the next step in u'r inbox ;-)

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
Titans said:
Hi All,

We completed our medicals on Friday Mar 20th at KIMS.

We took an appointment for 10:00 A.M a week back.

On the day of our medicals we reached the hospital by 9:30 A.M and proceeded to the Visa Medicals section. We were given a token number and asked to wait, There were a lot of people for medicals as this hospital is the only authorized hospital in Kerala to do medicals for Canada, Australia, US and UK. After waitiing for 30 mins we were called inside and our height and weight was taken, after this both my wife and me were asked to do vision test.

After the vision test we were asked to give urine and blood . I was asked to give urine again as the first test confirmed traces of sugar. in the meanwhile the doctor examined both us took our BP, pulse and checked our heart rate. he said everything is fine. The second test also confirmed traces of sugar and i had to give blood to do a kreatine test.

After 20 mins of meeting the doctor we were taken downstairs and asked to wait by the radiology dept for our chest x-rays, After waiting for about an hour we were called for chest x-ray, the x-rays were taken and we were asked to wait to meet the doctor. After 15 mins the doctor confirmed that the x-rays were good and there were no issues found.

We went back to the laboratory and asked if our blood test was ready. they said the kreatine test is ready but the Elisa test will take 4 hours. they were kind enough to give us the printout of the blood test and thank god the kreatine levels were well within the range lmit.( i hope this would be fine with the NDVO and CIC doctors also).We had lunch and by that time they gave us the blood test reports also which were clean and the staff said that they would upload the results either by the Friday night or Saturday morning.

So by gods grace we finished the medicals and the hospital has cleared us now waiting for 3rd line.

:)
Brother, happy to see you're in the last few steps to PR graduation. All the best bro for your further stages.

Wish me luck as well since my VO currently is one of the slowest.. Hope they will pick up pace soon.. ;)

preeren2015

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
12-05-2015 (Tickets Booked!)
Hey All,

It's been a while since I have messaged anything here.. DM on 13/03/2015 and Passports sent to NDVO on 17/03/2015.

You guys have been amazing and extremely helpful. We had put Vancouver as our port of landing in our application, but eventually decided to land at Edmonton Intl Airport. We have booked our tickets for May 12, 2015!

Finding a good place to stay is the next task in hand. kijiji.ca is a good place to begin with or you might want to stay at a hotel or motel till you find a good accommodation. As for jobs, I have been informed that indeed.ca, workopolis, etc are good websites. I have noticed they all require a Canadian address and phone number. So keeping that on halt as well till we make our official landing..! :) God has been extremely faithful to us all thru this journey, and so we are sure He will be there with all of us moving forward..! :)

I gave my resignation on 16/03/2015 and here notice period is 3 months, but since I can't wait till then, will officially end work by May 8 2015.

I wish all the very best to all of yous..! May The Lord bless you all.. :)

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
johnybegood said:
may this week bring everyone happiness
for people waiting for second line , let the vo start processing your application asap
for people waiting mr, may god help you to get it asap
for people waiting for third line, may almighty make it happen sooner
for people waiting Dm, get it updated faster
for people expecting ppr, have it deposited in your mail box this week itself
for people who sent your pp, let it come back soon with the visa
for people supporting others, may god bless you and your family

:) :) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D :mad: :mad: :( :( :eek: :eek: 8) 8) ??? ??? ::) ::) :p :p :-[ :-[ :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-* :-* :'( :'(
+1

preeren2015

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
Titans said:
Hi All,

We completed our medicals on Friday Mar 20th at KIMS.

We took an appointment for 10:00 A.M a week back.

On the day of our medicals we reached the hospital by 9:30 A.M and proceeded to the Visa Medicals section. We were given a token number and asked to wait, There were a lot of people for medicals as this hospital is the only authorized hospital in Kerala to do medicals for Canada, Australia, US and UK. After waitiing for 30 mins we were called inside and our height and weight was taken, after this both my wife and me were asked to do vision test.

After the vision test we were asked to give urine and blood . I was asked to give urine again as the first test confirmed traces of sugar. in the meanwhile the doctor examined both us took our BP, pulse and checked our heart rate. he said everything is fine. The second test also confirmed traces of sugar and i had to give blood to do a kreatine test.

After 20 mins of meeting the doctor we were taken downstairs and asked to wait by the radiology dept for our chest x-rays, After waiting for about an hour we were called for chest x-ray, the x-rays were taken and we were asked to wait to meet the doctor. After 15 mins the doctor confirmed that the x-rays were good and there were no issues found.

We went back to the laboratory and asked if our blood test was ready. they said the kreatine test is ready but the Elisa test will take 4 hours. they were kind enough to give us the printout of the blood test and thank god the kreatine levels were well within the range lmit.( i hope this would be fine with the NDVO and CIC doctors also).We had lunch and by that time they gave us the blood test reports also which were clean and the staff said that they would upload the results either by the Friday night or Saturday morning.

So by gods grace we finished the medicals and the hospital has cleared us now waiting for 3rd line.

:)
Good luck..! We had our medicals done at KIMS too.. was easy peasy.. :) those guys r pretty helpful and I noticed they don't irritate us too much..! So be positive and wait for ur 3rd line update! :D

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied

sidsun said:
hi friends my passports recived to NDVO 7th march via blue dart,but didnt get my passports back,any one know what is reason plz suggest friends
Usually if there are any recent travel stampings, the VO takes a lil while to verify that as well. Do you have any such travels recently ?

singh2014

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-May-2014
Med's Request
26-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr-2015

Even my passport reached NDVO on 2 March and I am still waiting to receive it back.

I guess VO is taking more time for Visa stamping.

prasmeno said:
Usually if there are any recent travel stampings, the VO takes a lil while to verify that as well. Do you have any such travels recently ?

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
guptaa said:
Friends, Got 3rd line updated on eCAS.

Looking out for speedy PPR ;D

And wish others too to move next steps
Congrats nd +1

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
preeren2015 said:
Hey All,

It's been a while since I have messaged anything here.. DM on 13/03/2015 and Passports sent to NDVO on 17/03/2015.

You guys have been amazing and extremely helpful. We had put Vancouver as our port of landing in our application, but eventually decided to land at Edmonton Intl Airport. We have booked our tickets for May 12, 2015!

Finding a good place to stay is the next task in hand. kijiji.ca is a good place to begin with or you might want to stay at a hotel or motel till you find a good accommodation. As for jobs, I have been informed that indeed.ca, workopolis, etc are good websites. I have noticed they all require a Canadian address and phone number. So keeping that on halt as well till we make our official landing..! :) God has been extremely faithful to us all thru this journey, and so we are sure He will be there with all of us moving forward..! :)

I gave my resignation on 16/03/2015 and here notice period is 3 months, but since I can't wait till then, will officially end work by May 8 2015.

I wish all the very best to all of yous..! May The Lord bless you all.. :)
Wish you a speedy Visa stamping.
I'm sure everything will go smooth.
Give us your remarks on landing experience and Job search tips once you land in Canada.

preeren2015

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
prasmeno said:
Wish you a speedy Visa stamping.
I'm sure everything will go smooth.
Give us your remarks on landing experience and Job search tips once you land in Canada.
Absolutely..! :D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.