+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetterLife

Nov 15, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
May-2015
BetterLife said:

One question regarding to Canada Driving Licence.
I lived in USA and i had a USA driving licence which was valid for 5 years but already expired in June 2012.
Apart from that i had a UK learning driving licence as well. Which is also expired :) :)
So, do i get any benefit of that? Should i directly get G type driving licence or i have to start from G1?
Any input will be greatly appreciate.

While searching for information, i have found below thread which will be very useful.

How to obtain Ontario Driving License
with our Home Country's D/License

Dear all,

Let me address another query which getting repetitive here. The procedure of obtaining a Canadian driving license is pretty much simple within our 1st few days [max a week]. Remember, this is 'easy' if we are coming from countries which has a similar driving & road management conditions [read 'left-hand drive']. If not, we may have to undertake some training before we apply.
Pre-conditions / Which License:
1. If we have over 24 months 'overseas' driving experience -we get the Ontario G2 Driving License.
2. If we have over 12 months [but less than 24] driving experience -we get the Ontario G1 Driving License.
(Details below)

Direct Swap of Licenses:
If our home country doesn't have a *reciprocal licence exchange agreement with Ontario, we cannot Swap our current D/License to get a Toronto-ON D/License.
*Reciprocal License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and: US, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Austria & Belgium.

What is the Procedure then:
But, in that case do we have to START all over Again? No... We can immediately apply & get a Toronto (Ontario) Driving License thru the following procedure:

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':
1. We must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication'* from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining** our D/License.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy'* of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority. Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.
3. Obtain an International Driving License/Permit*** (IDL / IDP).
stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
*In English or French, the 2 Canadian Official Languages.
**The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].
***This is nothing but a translated copy of our present D/license. (it can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above).

Benefits of the IDL / IDP:
With the foregoing, we can drive a car abroad for three [3] months (2 months, in Ontario). Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. This International Driving Licenses [IDL/IDP]are issued against our original D/Licenses by the Automobile Associations or [sometimes] the RTA/RTO of our home country. Check them for more details.

Step-2 -After you 'Land':
In such cases we are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G2 'waiting period' and get the G2 license immediately [with that 24 months letter] or a G1 driving license [if we only have the above 12 months letter].

Now for the Ontario driver's licence are required to;
1. Present a valid foreign Driver's License*,
2. Provide an acceptable Proof of Identity [SIN, PR card etc.]
3. Pay all applicable Fees,
4. Pass a Vision Test
5. Pass the Written Knowledge Test -regarding Ontario's traffic rules.
*If it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator; [we got that, as the Authentication Letter]

Note: Applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. However, if it is not there, the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's licence application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. In that case we get the G1* license only.

Step-3 -The Tests to take:
Based on the 24 months Authentication Letter the ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter AND,

1. After Step-2, we can attempt the G2*Exit Road Tests (mandatory wait times are waived).
2. Upon successfully passing the G2* Exit Road Test, we get the G2* license.
3. After few months of driving under G2* we can apply for a G*Licence.
4. If we 'only' have the 12 months letter & not the 24, we qualify for G1* Road Test & the G1* driving license only.
5. If we don't provide any letter, we must pass the G1* road test and have a 12-month wait period for taking G2* road test.

*The License Grading Explained [G1, G2 & G]:
-G1 License has certain limitations like we have to always drive alongwith a G license holder. It is thus, useless for us, who have good & adequate driving experience under similar driving conditions & system as that of Canada [read 'left-hand drive' experience & similar road/traffic management conditions].
-G2 License is as good as G, except that we cannot drive on the Highway at certain times (Midnight Rush Hrs. when truck movement starts).
-G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.
Source:
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

Note:
1. The above procedure is mainly addressed for the Ontario (ON) province.
2. The procedure is pretty much similar with all other provinces as well [BC, NS, NB etc.].
3. If we are not coming from a similar driving condition country, we must take some training before we proceed.
4. Usually we can get the G2 driving license quite easily [with the foregoing steps].

source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-get-canadian-driving-license-for-newcomers-t39566.0.html

Smile700

Jul 18, 2014
Hello Dear Friends
I need you help again Smiley can somebody who has stayed at Vancouver suggest me on how much time it takes to get an IT job over there specifically in Software Testing.
Plz help as I am very much confused in choosing the landing city Huh Huh

sasquatch_23

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 09, 2014
Nomination.....
November 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER: December 29, 2014
IELTS Request
2nd Line: Aug 06, 2015 (Dated December 10, 2014)
File Transfer...
3rd Line: Aug 06, 2015 (Dated December 29, 2014)
Med's Request
August 13, 2015
Med's Done....
August 17, 2015 (Dependent: September 1, 2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30, 2015 (Sent: October 1, 2015 / Received: October 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
October 19, 2015 (Decision Made: October 20, 2015 / Rcvd & Fwded by Agent: October 27, 2015 / On Hand: November 2, 2015)
LANDED..........
April 2016
hardik_shah said:
Hi All,

I received my PER 20 days back and today I am going to submit my passport to get it re issued and i will get it back withing 10 days. I just want to know whether i will have to update CIC about change in my passport. Once the passport is renewed, I will be able to apply for PCC.

Regards,

Hardik
No need to update CIC.you can notify vo about your new passport upon MR when you have to reflect your new pp details.

Cool Cool Canada

Jan 28, 2015
Hello every1

I have received my PR mail on Feb 19th. No news on MR yet. Can some 1 guide what is the TAT from PER to medicals.

Desperately waiting for MR.......

askyaram

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-14
AOR Received.
PER Received on 15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
Processing started on 24-03-2015
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015/ 3rd line Update on 29-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2015
!Aman! said:
i received my 2nd line update 2 days back, hopefully u r next in queue
I am very happy to know about your Line update Aman, thank you for your positive words Aman. +1 for your good news.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
Ive created a thread for July applicants waiting for PPR here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/july-applicants-nvdo-waiting-for-ppr-please-network-here-t276012.0.html;msg4153381#msg4153381

Please support the thread ,join in and start networking

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Greta cubana said:
Hi!

I think it means everything is Ok so Congrats! If you had any problem you would know...

Do I have a missing line? I have just two: 1) Your application have been received on June 26 and 2) Medical results have been received

When I received my PER they said in the letter that my application had been placed "in process" but I never see this info in my E-CAS

I have these two lines since Nov 4, 2014!!! I hope they ask for our passport soon!
That should not be a problem. Sometimes the VO personal forget to update some lines. As long as you got to the next step. There's nothing to worry about.

!Aman!

Apr 30, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
Nomination.....
CC : 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER : 05-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
SL : 18-03-2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-04-2015, TL : 21-04-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully Sep'15
askyaram said:
I am very happy to know about your Line update Aman, thank you for your positive words Aman. +1 for your good news.
thanks bro, i guess they r slowly clearing the apps as they seem to be busy with issuing Visas. hopefully ur turn will come in next 10-15 days.

+1 to u as well to keep u motivated :)

FuturCanadian

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
Med's Request
27-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
14-Dec-2104
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 01-Apr-15 / DM- 24-Mar-15
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning for Jun
Mmangal said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks everyone for your guidance regarding PCC. Now I have got PCC from Passport office for Myself and my wife. We have done the medicals also.
Please guide me in following:

1. What Fee is to be paid at this stage after Medicals and PCC.
You need to pay the RPRF fees. This can be done via online or by taking a DD. You should have received a mail with the details

2. My wife Passport is due to expire on Nov'2015. I need to renew it. Please suggest which case should be taken from the two below:
2.a) Send the documents (PCC, Medical etc...) to VISA office with Old passport. Renew the passport later and send the new passport communication to VISA office.

2.b) Renew the Passport on Tatkaal basis now. And send the new passport details along with the documents(PCC, Medical etc...). In this case the issue is that medicals have been done with old passport. Can this create any issue. They may ask for medicals again?

I suggest go with 2.a). Then apply for a new passport on tatkal basis. As soon as you receive the new passport you can send it VO. This way the process will not be delayed

Please guide me friends.
Thanks.
Munish

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Cool Cool Canada said:
Hello every1

I have received my PR mail on Feb 19th. No news on MR yet. Can some 1 guide what is the TAT from PER to medicals.

Desperately waiting for MR.......
There's no specific TAT for each steps. It is case to case basis.
Usually you get your MR within 30-90 days on an average from the PER date.

gorkhe

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Nomination.....
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
may be this week
No MR no MR no MR no MR

after 5th january 2nd line update no information. sad sad sad sad sad sad. NO MR no MR. pls pls pls pls send MR NDVO.

Gorkhe

FuturCanadian

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
Med's Request
27-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
14-Dec-2104
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning for Jun
johnybegood said:
may this week bring everyone happiness
for people waiting for second line , let the vo start processing your application asap
for people waiting mr, may god help you to get it asap
for people waiting for third line, may almighty make it happen sooner
for people waiting Dm, get it updated faster
for people expecting ppr, have it deposited in your mail box this week itself
for people who sent your pp, let it come back soon with the visa
for people supporting others, may god bless you and your family

:) :) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D :mad: :mad: :( :( :eek: :eek: 8) 8) ??? ??? ::) ::) :p :p :-[ :-[ :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-* :-* :'( :'(
+1 to you Johny....Lets pray your words come true for all of us

Amit shah

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hi
Am 30th July Applicant.

Am Sailing on the same boat.. Medicals have been received on 13th March.

Landing Fee DD has also been encashed on 18th March.

Lets see what happened next ????

How many days it takes ??

FuturCanadian

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
Med's Request
27-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
14-Dec-2104
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning for Jun
HimanshuPant said:
Dear Colleagues,

I just have a query..

One of my friends is waiting for MR and is expecting it soon..

His issue is that his left leg is slightly smaller than his right due to Polio..

It is almost impossible to detect from naked eye and he looks perfectly fine and nobody is able to make it out until and unless he tells you..

will it be a concern at the time of Medical??
Ask you friend to relax. They mainly look for any communicable and contagious diseases. Any thing that can be spread will be a cause of concern. Your friend should be perfectly fine. Just ask him to carry any documents that he as proof....in case the physician wants to know

haha

Nov 14, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-May-2014
Nomination.....
23-Sep-2014