+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davaopro

Jan 25, 2015
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to network with u guys as I am one of those lucky individuals who received a file number...

I am just wondering how long does it take normally to wait for the next step after the issuance of file number?

My application was received sometime in July 2014, and nothing more updates on my ECAs...

ashu2748

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
As today is sunday I think from tomorow onwards The CC and DD Charging of December applicants will speedup as DD transaction takes around 1-2 weeks (unless Swift Transfer (Wire Transfer)) DD charging Will less likely to be reflected in these posts.Also I have noticed in the spreadsheets that very much of the people have not updated their profiles as there are peoples with no response even when they have applied months before so no need to worry ." :D There is always Hope unless you are sent negative conformation mail (NER) "

amit121

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
26-11-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2015; DM - 14-04-2015
I am there..

davaopro said:
Anyone here who applied NoC 0121 -Financial Managers/ Real Estate Brokers?

askyaram

Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-14
AOR Received.
PER Received on 15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
Processing started on 24-03-2015
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015/ 3rd line Update on 29-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2015
nareshkannan said:
SKumarIND/askyaram bro,

I'm also expecting MR in first week of February.

App Date:15-Sep-14
PER: 14-Dec-14

Cheers,
Naresh
Good to hear from your too Naresh.. now hope we'll all get our MR soon...lets wait and wish NDVO issue MR's very fast... :) :) :) :) :)

MapleTon

Aug 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014 **CC Charged**
AOR Received.
01-12-2014 **PER**
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
Much much appreciated for sharing this :)!

obryan20 said:
Hi all. How is everyone doing? I've been away for a while. It's been a busy past couple of weeks, but it's time for a Landing Story.

It's official. I come to you now as a bona fide Canadian permanent resident! I did my landing on January 7, 2015 at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Clearing customs and immigration was a breeze using the information gained from others' experiences posted on the forum. What worked in my advantage though was that most persons coming to Canada were residents or citizens so I was the only one in the visitor line when I got there :), probably because it's so cold.

After deplaning, the first stop was customs, where I told them I was there to do my "landing". Based on what you had put on the form you were given on the plane, the officer wrote something on it that would either get you further screening after collecting your bags or allow you to just go straight through. As I was new and had to file Goods Accompanying form, I needed to be screened further. Thereafter, I was directed to Immigration where I showed them the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and passport with visa. The officer then cancelled the visa and stamped the passport. He then filled in some of the blank spaces on the COPR (such as place and date became PR, home address in Canada, etc), signed and dated the bottom and had me do the same. He kept the CIC copy, gave my copy back to me, noted that the PR card will be sent to the given address in 6-8 weeks and welcomed me to Canada. I wasn't asked to show proof of funds even though I had it on me (negotiable instruments under $10k + US bank statements showing the remainder so I didn't need to declare).

Some time after, I went to the Service Canada which is to the left of Immigration. Point to note - If you're coming through Pearson airport and want to get your Social Insurance Number (SIN) at the airport Service Canada, ensure you arrive within their opening hours which are from 1pm to 9pm. As I went through much faster than I had anticipated, I was there from after 12pm and so had to wait a short while for them to open. However, after they did I got it immediately. They just took some additional information (mother's/father's names and your Canadian address) and then printed it out right there and gave it to me, cautioning that I am only mandated to give my SIN to 3 groups - Canadian govt, employer, banks. Then I went to collect my luggage and went through further screening with customs. I gave them my Goods Accompanying list, and they gave me a receipt for the value of it, all with no duties. Same would be done for Goods to Follow list.

After clearing customs, I headed for the exit and subsequently the c-c-c-cold :eek: :-X. I understand that day was the coldest it's been since probably the winter began - temperatures as low as -17 degrees but which could be as cold as -30 degrees because of wind chill. What a day I chose to land huh, lol.

I brought 3 bank drafts which I used to open bank accounts the following day. I also got a credit card with a C$2000 limit (Scotiabank StartRight) which I'll be using remotely to start building my credit in the interim. The persons who dealt with me were extremely nice, friendly and helpful and again made me feel welcome. I stayed with family for less than a week getting a few things done and just enjoying myself and then returned to my home country to resume work until the spring. I'll be looking a Canadian job during that time and hopefully either get one or line up interviews for some by time I return to Canada. Then, I'll post again about my experiences after returning.

I didn't get my Permanent Resident Card before leaving and therefore will either need to have someone bring it with them when next they come or apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document. I have also requested GCMS notes on 20-Jan-2015 (free since I am now a PR) so I could get some further insight into how my application made its way through the process.

JeetVISA

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
8-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2014
Hi Guys,
Kindly suggest good agency to buy Travel Cheques? I know Thomas Cook only.
thanks in advance,

RajaKa

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
02-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
Me & Spouse: 02-01-2015 New Born: 26-03-2015
Med's Done....
Mine: Jan 26, Spouse: Feb 22, Daughter: Apr 3, Third Line: Apr 8
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015, got back the passport on 20-05-2015
LANDED..........
14-07-2015
ashu.thind said:
Hi RajKa,

Congrats for your daughter. I have same query as yours. Will be having my baby probably next month. It would be great if you can resolve few of my queries:

1. I have recieved my 2nd line yesterday and my VO is NDVO, that my file has started for processing on January 21
2. I had written an email to delhiImmigration to disclose my family composition (or rather addition in my family)
3. Will I be getting the Medical request from them or do I need to submit the BC of my baby and then I'll be getting the medical request ?
4. as my file has arrived at local VO, will I be paying in CAD or INR ?
5. will both me and my wife be submitting the requested documents for the addition of family member or as a principal applicant, only I have to ?

Thanks in Advance
This is the reply I got from NDVO when I enquired about adding my daughter

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

A change in your family status may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed. It may also affect the total processing time for your application. If you get married or divorced, give birth to or adopt a child, or if a member of your immediate family passes away while your application for permanent residence is in process, you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of your change of family composition.

If you do not request to include your child(ren) on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Economic Class, you must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has increased, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada. For more information go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your child to your application:

Important: Note that if your child was born in Canada or if one parent is a Canadian citizen, then the child is a Canadian citizen. If that is the case, you do not need to add the child to your application, and no medical examination or fee is required. You must, however, send us a copy of the child’s birth certificate. You should also contact the Consular section of the High Commission of Canada to make sure the child has the appropriate travel document.

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse to include added child
- If the child is 18 years or older, an IMM0008, Schedule A and IMM5406 Additional Family Information Form
- notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- copy of your child’s valid passport(s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you are immigrating to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

Your child will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your child to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You may find information about our processing times at this link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

You may also check the basic status of your file on-line by using the “Client Application Status” function in the “On-line services” section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration - 7
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nepal

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message.

RajaKa

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
02-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
Me & Spouse: 02-01-2015 New Born: 26-03-2015
Med's Done....
Mine: Jan 26, Spouse: Feb 22, Daughter: Apr 3, Third Line: Apr 8
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015, got back the passport on 20-05-2015
LANDED..........
14-07-2015
bodhi79 said:
A demand draft of cad 150 payable to the receiver general for Canada.
Will they accept from any bank?

SKumarIND

Star Member
Aug 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
November 2014
Nomination.....
December 2014 PER
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Request
March 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Passport Req..
May 2015. Passport Send
nareshkannan said:
SKumarIND/askyaram bro,

I'm also expecting MR in first week of February.

App Date:15-Sep-14
PER: 14-Dec-14

Cheers,
Naresh
Hope we all will get it by Feb 1st week, Praying for that

kanwaranil

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 1,2014
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 25,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 23, 2015
Med's Request
JANUARY 29, 2015
Med's Done....
FEBRUARY 14, 2015
Passport Req..
MAY 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 25, 2015
August 1 applicant, 2nd line updated on 23rd Jan. that we have started working on 20th jan.
when will I get the Mr.

amit121

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
26-11-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2015; DM - 14-04-2015
My application reached CIC in the first week of August and received PER in the last week of November.

Now, waiting for MR / 2nd line update.

Hope last week of January brings some good news. :) :) :) :)

davaopro said:
great! How's ur timeline?

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I need an immediate advice on travel document application.

I landed on PR in January 2015 and stayed for a week in Canada. After signing my job offer, I came back to UAE so that I can close my children school account and take my family with me in March, 2015.
Since I have to go back to Canada in March, 2015 to start my job, will Local visa application consider my request and approve my case?
How complicated is to get the permanent travel document in this case?

Please any one advise/ expert opinion...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.