+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simson toms said:
My Visa office is New Delhi........
Since I am based in Saudi Arabia, will it be ok if I get the medical checks done by an approved physician in Saudi Arabia.
Your location doesn't matter as long as the clinic can upload the results to CIC.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaxHeadroom said:
Dear seniors,
My question is a little off-topic but I'm hoping you can either point me to the right resources or give brief information. Thanks in advance.

The question is: I've heard (and read) that new legislations for are passed that require a longer residency period to be able to apply for citizenship, (4 out of 5 years actual residency instead of 3 out of 4 and maximum 6 months per year absence from Canadian soil), has this legislation passed and is it applicable to all new PR card holders?
The CIC web pages and calculator about citizenship applications still have the 1095 days rule. Do this mean the new legislation is still not in effect?

I believe your answers will help many of us who already have and will be landing to Canada after June 2014.
Thank you very much.
This bill has received royal ascent and will be in effect on July, 2015.
New residency requirements: 4 years out of 6 years spent in Canada (used to be 3 out of 4) before applying for Cit.

MaxHeadroom

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC since JAN 2016
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Diplomatru said:
This bill has received royal ascent and will be in effect on July, 2015.
New residency requirements: 4 years out of 6 years spent in Canada (used to be 3 out of 4) before applying for Cit.
Diplomatru, thanks for the answer. Can you please elaborate on this ie. will it effect everyone regardless of the landing date, PR visa date etc? or will it be in effect for only those who land after that date etc.?

Thanks again.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaxHeadroom said:
Diplomatru, thanks for the answer. Can you please elaborate on this ie. will it effect everyone regardless of the landing date, PR visa date etc? or will it be effect for only those who land after that date etc.?

Thanks again.
If an applicant meets 1,095 days residency obligation and his file reaches Sydney before new law comes in effect he will be processed under the current rules. Everyone else will have to accumulate 1 more year of residency before they can apply. Be advised that cit. application is messed up at the moment (processing takes 2 years).

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runningrace said:
Finally after receiving the MR yday my 2nd Line was updated today evening..
Thank you God for such a wonderful weekend :)
Congratulations!

dream4canada2015

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 5
AOR Received.
Jan 28
File Transfer...
Dec 5
Med's Request
If Allah mercy on me
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah wants
LANDED..........
If Allah allows
Johnny31 said:
Congratulations!
Is there any cic link to see cap updates for fsw2014?
TiA

Harisaran

Jan 11, 2015
MaxHeadroom said:
Dear seniors,
My question is a little off-topic but I'm hoping you can either point me to the right resources or give brief information. Thanks in advance.

The question is: I've heard (and read) that new legislations have passed that require a longer residency period to be able to apply for citizenship, (4 out of 5 years actual residency instead of 3 out of 4 and maximum 6 months per year absence from Canadian soil), has this legislation passed and is it applicable to all new PR card holders?
The CIC web pages and calculator about citizenship applications still have the 1095 days rule. Do this mean the new legislation is still not in effect?

I believe your answers will help many of us who already have and will be landing to Canada after June 2014.
Thank you very much.
Naturalization as a Canadian citizen
A person who is a permanent resident may apply for Canadian citizenship by naturalization (grant) subject to the following conditions.

The person:

is aged 18 years or over
is a permanent resident
has lived in Canada for a total of 1095 days during the four years preceding the application for citizenship, including a minimum of two years as a permanent resident
has knowledge of Canada (as demonstrated by taking the Canadian Citizenship Test, which is required as part of the application process, but only if the applicant is between 18 and 54 years of age)
is not a subject to any criminal prohibitions
is not a war criminal
is able to speak English or French well enough to communicate with people

Bill C-24, the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, was introduced in February 2014. The bill would raise citizenship requirements from 1095 days (3 years total) during the four years preceding the application to 1460 days (4 years total) during the six years preceding the application, with the minimum time as a permanent resident also raised to 4 years as no credit would be given for time spent in Canada as a temporary resident. Applicants must also have been in Canada for 183 days in four of the six years relevant to their application date. The language and knowledge requirement is extended to those 14 to 64 years of age

dream4canada2015

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 5
AOR Received.
Jan 28
File Transfer...
Dec 5
Med's Request
If Allah mercy on me
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah wants
LANDED..........
If Allah allows
Diplomatru said:
Thanks...

But don't u think cic should keep a link to show the cap updates?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream4canada2015 said:
Thanks...

No, but they will probably have a news release, when they complete the processing of 2014 applications.

Ali-N

Oct 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 28 Feb 2015, Charged: 04 Feb 2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 26 Aug 2015 (Processing Date: 17 Feb 2015)
Med's Request
17 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27 Apr 2016
dream4canada2015 said:
Thanks...

It doesnt matter what we think, what matters is what cic thinks and they think it is not necessary!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Well said , it may sound harsh but that's the truth.
Ali-N said:
It doesnt matter what we think, what matters is what cic thinks and they think it is not necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.