+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dream of Canada said:
PLEASE HELP !!

I am 7 May 2014 Applicant. I submitted the PCC and FBI reports for me and my family on December 18 2014. I am now waiting for the Passport Request. I stay in New Jersey, USA.

Can anybody tell approximately how long would it take to receive the PPR?

After receiving the PPR, can I personally go and get the passports stamped?

I was generally browsing the Internet and I found out that the Canadian Consulate at Buffalo has been closed and is now shifted to New York. Is this information true?

Anybody who is in a similar situation like me?

I have always received guidance from the forum members and I am very much thankful to this forum from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks in advance!
When did you do your medicals?

Yes - Buffalo office has been closed for about 2 years now.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
CanOl said:

Most of the times, the company seniors or HR guys are not even called. Background check doesn't just consist of employer calling but many other things like profile checking from websites like facebook and linkedin, casual checks done by Third party with job consultants who know hierarchy and employee lists of most companies, etc.
It is easier to get this info for reputed companies rather than smaller companies. Employer check is done only in extreme cases, where VO is still not convinced.

As I said, there are exceptions. And in the current scenario, most of the guys are waiting for MR. not just MNC guys. This is not because background check is taking time, but because it hasn't been initiated yet, due to the heavy load on VO.

If you want the best test, check for time taken for MR request after 2nd line update. (2nd line is updated just after background check is initiated.) In case of reputed companies, this time will be short.

Also the MNC guys whose MR is pending since long as per you, must have not yet got their 2nd line updated, which means background check isn't yet initiated. Tell me if I am wrong.
I like your view on this and it is well justified

+1

shahrukh1111

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
06-July-2015 and SLU on 9-July-2015
Med's Done....
27-July-2015 and TLU on 5-August-2015 and DM 27-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
11-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sept-2015
Ali-N said:
Good to hear that you are already in bro,...... 1111 is a hot NOC. You should receive your MR in couple of months depending on your VO (Visa Office). All the best.

shahrukh1111

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sept-2015
what if i create profile in EE and i have already received PER??? will it impact on my previous case i.e FSW 2014??

Ali-N

Oct 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 28 Feb 2015, Charged: 04 Feb 2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 26 Aug 2015 (Processing Date: 17 Feb 2015)
Med's Request
17 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27 Apr 2016
Ali-N said:
Hey guys..... Got -2, don't know why??? :(

I request the person(s) who gave me -ve rating to tell me what I did so that I may correct my mistake..............
Haha.... it has reached to -4 for no reason..... grow up buddy!

Aug 8, 2013
New Jersey (USA)
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Attached with the Application
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
IELTS Request
Attached with the Application
Med's Request
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting . . .
LANDED..........
Not yet . . . But hoping very soon . . .
Johnny31 said:
When did you do your medicals?

Yes - Buffalo office has been closed for about 2 years now.
I did my medicals on September 22 2014.
Can you please tell me if I can personally travel to New York and get my passport stamped?

Thanks for responding.

shahrukh1111

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sept-2015
can any one tell me timeline of MR of London VO...

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ali-N said:
On the other hand however, this is what Islamabad VO says on its website:

Responsible for Permanent Resident Applications from: Applications from residents of Pakistan are being processed by the visa office in London

Applications from residents of Afghanistan are being processed by the visa office in New Delhi

(Includes Self-employed, Start-up visa, Quebec-selected skilled worker, PNP and family sponsorship)
managersonline said:
Hi Canol / Diplomatru or any other senior availabe on at the moment,

Could you please put your comments on my below understanding about the big change that CIC have done regarding FSW vsia processing centres around the globe. Previously the FSW applications of all the applicants from Middle East countries like Qatar,Bahrain and similarly applicants from Pakistan were being processed at London visa office. But with the latest update by CIC of their website, i have noticed that London is no longer going to process the cases of FSW from Middle East residents/nationals or Pakistani Nationals.

Please see below link:-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

With the start of new year number of visa offices processing FSWP applications have increased dramatically. CIC have included several countries in their list of FSW applications processing Visa offices assigned with FSWP applications processing. Even CIC have re-started the processing of FSW applications at several Visa Offices in several countries of the world. For example Abu Dhabi and Islamabad were discontinued in the past for processing of FSW applications and all the applicants from Middle East and Pakistan were routed to London Visa office. But now it seems that they have re-started processing of FSW applications at these two visa offices and along with these two visa offices several other visa offices around the world have been included the list of visa offices processing FSW applications. I think that the reason could be to speed up the processing. Because for Express Entry CIC have been advertising that they will try to take decision within 6-months of less for Express Entry selected applicants. Therefore to speed up the process they have increased the number of visa offices permitted to process FSWP applications.

Please refer the latest update table on the following link and this page is created on 1st Jan 2015:-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

For example when I select my country of residence which is Qatar, it takes you to below link:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#q

For people residing in Qatar legally for more then one year and applying for Federal Skilled Workers (FSWP) category their case processing will be done at Abu Dhabi. Similarly people applying from Pakistan their FSWP application final processing will be done at Islamabad Visa office.

Could you please provide your opinion in this regard. It looks like that it might speed up the case processing at FSW application processing at VO.

Regards, George,
Doha,Qatar

You are right. It looks there is some contradiction happening in these two webpages. Webpage of LVO and webpage of IVO. Maybe they did not properly update the pages. Because when you open the webpage of LVO they mention as under:-
LVO will process applications from residents of "Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen", for Self-employed and Start-up visa only.
LVO will process applications from residents of Pakistan, for Self-employed, Start-up visa, Quebec-selected skilled worker, PNP and family sponsorship applications.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
----------------------------------------------------
And when you have already mentioned what Islamabad visa office is saying.
----------------------------------------
Whereas when you click the lates updated link by CIC on the following site:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#p
You will note that visa office will be islamabad for FSW applicants residing in Pakistan which reads as under:-
Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class : Express Entry=> Islamabad VO
All other applications=> London VO
------------------------------------------
If someone has any other interpretation please elaborate.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dream of Canada said:
I did my medicals on September 22 2014.
Can you please tell me if I can personally travel to New York and get my passport stamped?

Thanks for responding.
http://can-am.gc.ca/new-york/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Just to be 100% sure - you should contact them directly during weekdays regarding this question

Ali-N

Oct 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 28 Feb 2015, Charged: 04 Feb 2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 26 Aug 2015 (Processing Date: 17 Feb 2015)
Med's Request
17 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27 Apr 2016
managersonline said:
You are right. It looks there is some contradiction happening in these two webpages. Webpage of LVO and webpage of IVO. Maybe they did not properly update the pages. Because when you open the webpage of LVO they mention as under:-
LVO will process applications from residents of "Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen", for Self-employed and Start-up visa only.
LVO will process applications from residents of Pakistan, for Self-employed, Start-up visa, Quebec-selected skilled worker, PNP and family sponsorship applications.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
----------------------------------------------------
And when you have already mentioned what Islamabad visa office is saying.
----------------------------------------
Whereas when you click the lates updated link by CIC on the following site:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#p
You will note that visa office will be islamabad for FSW applicants residing in Pakistan which reads as under:-
Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class : Express Entry=> Islamabad VO
All other applications=> London VO
------------------------------------------
If someone has any other interpretation please elaborate.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar
Yup, it is confusing... we need to wait and see. As a second thought however, even if this is true, will it apply on FSW2014 as well? I think all the info we are looking at are for EE2015 and shouldn't apply on FSW2014 applicants (i.e. applications reached cic on or before 31 Dec 2014) ???????

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
guys please tell is it mandatory to maintain the amount in bank which we showed in our account certificate till the PER??

do they contact bank about the funds proof ?

My father transfer the money in my account for the bank certificate next day i transfered back the amount in his bank :S
should i put the amount back in my account till the PER??

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
canadamylove said:
DONT TAKE IT ON HEART, ITS MY OPINION ON AN ISSUE....NOT APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE

a while ago I discussed one problem of immigration for new immigrants.......that despite our credentials get assessed against heavy fees and are then accepted and proved by wes/ces or others that they are equivalent to Canadian educational levels at bachelor or masters.......yet still we are required to get some sort of Canadian education to score good jobs.

in response to this query and to share their own opinions and experiences, there are some mates who discussed something about how their relatives or friends got good jobs within one year of immigrating to Canada.

they gave examples like their relatives who were already in either US, Australia or Europe.......they migrated to Canada and landed perfect CAD$100000 + jobs per anum in the very first or lets say the 2nd year of migrating. in the end of the paragraph, the person wrote that as minimum wage in Canada is CAD$11 and can earn CAD$1700 per month which is very good for passing a survival life.

now, the first two lines of above example is like a perfect fairy tale.......u land in Canada from already 1st world countries.....without gaining Canadian experience and Canadian education within in one year u r on a CAD$100000+ job! wow......a dream come true isn't it?
then comes the last line of the above example......the person shockingly talked about exactly opposite thing....from CAD$100000 he jumped to merely just CAD$1700 and proved that how can u survive in it!......it was like kicked out from Lamborghini in to Suzuki!

may be the example was true......but for whom? people migrating from already 1st world countries? already having good international education and experiences?......those are less than 5% people..........we here on this forum are from 3rd world countries..........mostly.........say 90%......wo don't already earn 5 figures salary in any 1st world country......so why showing these green gardens to us?

yes the reality is.......I haven't heard a single person immigrated from Asian country got a CAD$100000+ job in its 1st year! that also without Canadian experience and education!.........there can be exceptions but that count for less than 1%. we here represent 99% of those who will survive on that CAD$1700 in the very first year!

so people the thing is.....please don't give such examples to us.......these things are good in dreams, films and fairy tales. instead talk the truth. that doesn't mean we cant achieve our dreams........I wish and pray we all may get a salary in 7 or 8 figures but we all also know that will take time, not just like in the very first year! the realities are harsh and difficult and sounds bad initially but it really doesn't hurt much.....many people start dreaming about a perfect life and when they face initial hard ships, they broke down or lose hope.......look at the figure of immigrants leaving Canada just cos they came with high green dreams but couldn't do it and at last they quit.

more than 50% people have some sort of contacts in Canada already.......like relatives or friends or anything..........but believe me......there are people who are going 1st time, they have no one there......not a single person they know.......they go there with their families, start a life, start a struggle...........but if we speak like this and show them fairy tale things, then they are shattered rapidly than others when hard time prolongs....I am one of these people......I don't want us LONELY people to get lost in life due to any green dreams. tell us horror stories or difficulties, we wont move an inch, instead we will put 300% struggle into it, but if any of us is lost due to these examples than who is to blame for?
Thanks for your elaboration and I think that what you have mentioned is quite balanced and realistic point of view based upon ground realities faced by several new immigrants landing in a new country and sometimes without anyone to support them and i think that this is what i have tried to convey in my previuos posts. Afterall "Canada is also not a bed of roses". I should say that you will be forced by circumstances already in place there in Canada to choose from either to start from scratch or leave Canada. Again this is what I was able to conclude from my own research and it is just my opinion and point of view. Again someone having evidences contrary to what we have read in above quote or what i have mentioned in my previous posts, you could share as well. Opinions are not binding upon anyone. And in the end essence of all these facts is that to be successfull in Canada you have to increase your stamina of hard workding.

manila_kbj

May 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 24-10-2014
IELTS Request
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015 2nd line update
Med's Request
13-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
author=ahsenshah link=topic=199004.msg3891874#msg3891874 date=1420409099]
guys please tell is it mandatory to maintain the amount in bank which we showed in our account certificate till the PER??

do they contact bank about the funds proof ?

My father transfer the money in my account for the bank certificate next day i transfered back the amount in his bank :S
should i put the amount back in my account till the PER??

There are cases that the local VO checks on pof before mr which may include
updated bank certificate. It is advisable to maintain it until you get mr imho.

krasburn

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
8-09-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
maratgohar said:
Seniors please explain all the abbreviation meanings used. For example PER AOV etc. Thanks in advance.
PER = Possibility Eligibility Review
AOR = Acknowledge of Receipt
It will be quite difficult to explain all the abbreviations here. The SS has a tab dedicated to this.

krasburn

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
8-09-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Ali-N said:
Haha.... it has reached to -4 for no reason..... grow up buddy!
Have a +1 in compensation and keep the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.