+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
future_canadian said:
I don't remember what you wrote the other day but David Cohen is incorrect. On the one hand you have someone who is trying to get clients to sign up with him by saying they have very little time left. On the other hand you have the official instructions of the government. Who are you going to believe?
so think wisely before commenting on others post ( and of course u know what u wrote ).. . u r super active here

fact is - New rules overwrite the previous - you and me dont define it - its govt.. I didnt just put my comments without a base.. for now wait till dec 31st to be heard back on facts..

and be careful before u write anything negative too - David cohen is respected attorney - ur comments aren't good and you are in fact writing up in his own forum ....

vijaykumar13

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/05/2014
AOR Received.
PER 29/08/2014
IELTS Request
22 Points
Med's Request
30/10/2014
ankursapra said:
Well the journey has been nice so far...The only mistake I did in Canada was I landed in Toronto.. I am oil & gas professional... I should have landed in Alberta...:)

But I have some relatives in Brampton so I thought it would be good for me... but no, when it comes to finding jobs I believe ALBERTA is the place for all oil & gas professionals.. Toronto is overcrowded and is good for IT professionals...There is too much of talent already in Toronto market. Brampton is "PUNJAB DAA PIND". There use to be days where in I couldn't see a single GORA .. ONLY PUNJABIS...

Fortunately, I am in Calgary right now working with an oil & gas company. The journey is all about learning and sharing best practices... Please prepare for an initial struggle for couple of months... please stay away from those people who will say that you will not find a job in your industry....:)

Just remember try and try.. there is no way you want to go back.. YOU HAVE INVESTED TIME, MONEY in this.... MAKE IT WORK....:)
+1 for you for sharing, yes one has to establish themselves in a new country. If you are professional sooner or later you will make it. Mostly the horror stories are from the family immigration side, where people with less exp. think that Canada will be a bed of roses, Gories waiting for them with dollar bills in the hand.

hsingh86

Aug 27, 2014
ankursapra said:
Well the journey has been nice so far...The only mistake I did in Canada was I landed in Toronto.. I am oil & gas professional... I should have landed in Alberta...:)

But I have some relatives in Brampton so I thought it would be good for me... but no, when it comes to finding jobs I believe ALBERTA is the place for all oil & gas professionals.. Toronto is overcrowded and is good for IT professionals...There is too much of talent already in Toronto market. Brampton is "PUNJAB DAA PIND". There use to be days where in I couldn't see a single GORA .. ONLY PUNJABIS...

Fortunately, I am in Calgary right now working with an oil & gas company. The journey is all about learning and sharing best practices... Please prepare for an initial struggle for couple of months... please stay away from those people who will say that you will not find a job in your industry....:)

Just remember try and try.. there is no way you want to go back.. YOU HAVE INVESTED TIME, MONEY in this.... MAKE IT WORK....:)

+1 :-*

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jugal1984 said:
Hi Guys,
I am also try for FSW 2014.The current status of mine is that I am waiting for IELTS marks that I am expecting today evening and in process of gathering reference letter from all my previous employers. The problem with me is that the 1St company that I worked has been shutdown totally and they are not ready to provide the reference letter on any letterhead and they don't have official email id(obviously). What is the alternative to this issue. I have all the letters with me provided by them. Please help me with an alternate solution for this. I am applying for NOC 2174. Also, with regards to showing funds in accounts. I two accounts (joint with my wife) with the difference that one account contains wife's name that was before marriage and another with the name changed after marriage. So, can I show funds in both the accounts?
Thanks in advance
Jugal
The best alternative to a letter from the company on letterhead is a personal letter from one of your seniors or colleagues there who knew your duties and can explain how they know what your duties were.

You can show accounts in your wife's maiden name no problem so long as your wife's maiden name is clear on your application. I suggest also adding in an explanation of this.

Unfortunately you are almost certainly too late for 2174. Do you fit some other NOC?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
terki said:
so think wisely before commenting on others post ( and of course u know what u wrote ).. . u r super active here

fact is - New rules overwrite the previous - you and me dont define it - its govt.. I didnt just put my comments without a base.. for now wait till dec 31st to be heard back on facts..

and be careful before u write anything negative too - David cohen is respected attorney - ur comments aren't good and you are in fact writing up in his own forum ....
A change in the rules coming from a new MI is always possible. BUT it is irresponsible for anyone to say that it WILL happen because nobody has any basis for doing so. It is misleading to people who come here for help.

vijaykumar13

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/05/2014
AOR Received.
PER 29/08/2014
IELTS Request
22 Points
Med's Request
30/10/2014
future_canadian said:
MR is not as linear as CIC reviews, there are lots of us still waiting. I am also 7th May and have not heard anything about MR/PCC.
Ohooh and I thought I have been waiting long. 14th May

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
ankursapra said:
As per my understanding being in Canada ALBERTA (Calgary, Edmonton) is BOOMING... where as BRITISH COLUMBIA (Vancouver) has slowed down... ONTARIO (Toronto) is where most of the immigrants land , hence there is already a lot of talent available in ONTARIO but there is still a demand there...:)

Earlier people living in Ontario and BC didn't want to move to ALBERTA....but have been noticing a change in the trend...
I wish our choice works and we get the to live our dream by next year :) thanks for answering all my questions...

ankursapra

Nov 14, 2012
vijaykumar13 said:
+1 for you for sharing, yes one has to establish themselves in a new country. If you are professional sooner or later you will make it. Mostly the horror stories are from the family immigration side, where people with less exp. think that Canada will be a bed of roses, Gories waiting for them with dollar bills in the hand.
One thing that I want to highlight here... most of the people or majority of the people in Brampton (no offence to anybody in Brampton) are from villages or small towns in India.. for them it is a very good life.. they are happy to work in McDonalds, A&W, Tim Horton's.. which pays them 10 dollars an hour which is a very good amount for them. For them working in Tim Horton's is for life...:) but for any other professional it would be just time pass/ another source of income until they get job in their fields.... and most of the people who will advise you about jobs in your field have no knowledge or information about your field.... It has happened with me and they use to say aise jobs nahin milti yahan.... well miti hai... you just need to try and don't let those negative thoughts over power you... It might take time but its worth it...:)

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
future_canadian said:
A change in the rules coming from a new MI is always possible. BUT it is irresponsible for anyone to say that it WILL happen because nobody has any basis for doing so. It is misleading to people who come here for help.
NOTE WORDS IN BOLD above AND BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME

NOBODY WANTS TO BE CROWNED HERE -

jugal1984

Oct 2, 2014
future_canadian said:
The best alternative to a letter from the company on letterhead is a personal letter from one of your seniors or colleagues there who knew your duties and can explain how they know what your duties were.

You can show accounts in your wife's maiden name no problem so long as your wife's maiden name is clear on your application. I suggest also adding in an explanation of this.

Unfortunately you are almost certainly too late for 2174. Do you fit some other NOC?
Thanks for the info. With regards to funds, I have few FD's on wife's name. Can i also show them as proof of Funds?

Yes, 2173. As per the CIC below is the total applications for 2174 and 2713.I am planning to submit to CIC by Mid of October.

2173 Software engineers and designers 392
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 778

andy6835

Jul 30, 2014
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
Some rise by sin and some by virtue fall.
--Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Keep saying and doing the right thing, you are a valuable member of the forum.

+1 from me as soon as I'm able.
I agree. you both are valuable members.. i think karma will allow me to give +1 to both of you... accept mine...

insanbakulaw

Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02JUN2014
Nomination.....
PER:24SEP2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11NOV2014
Med's Done....
04DEC2014 (Medical Results Received, 3rd Line)
Passport Req..
23DEC2014(PP Received by VO-08JAN2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 22JAN2015, PP sent by VO: 29JAN2015
LANDED..........
Oct 30, 2015
svcanada said:
I wish our choice works and we get the to live our dream by next year :) thanks for answering all my questions...
Yeah! Will see you guys in Alberta, Hopefully Next year.

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
ankursapra said:
One thing that I want to highlight here... most of the people or majority of the people in Brampton (no offence to anybody in Brampton) are from villages or small towns in India.. for them it is a very good life.. they are happy to work in McDonalds, A&W, Tim Horton's.. which pays them 10 dollars an hour which is a very good amount for them. For them working in Tim Horton's is for life...:) but for any other professional it would be just time pass/ another source of income until they get job in their fields.... and most of the people who will advise you about jobs in your field have no knowledge or information about your field.... It has happened with me and they use to say aise jobs nahin milti yahan.... well miti hai... you just need to try and don't let those negative thoughts over power you... It might take time but its worth it...:)
I wish i could give one more +1 for all the encouragement... i was so worried after reading all the portals that say its really difficult to get a job...a little relieved now :)

andy6835

Jul 30, 2014
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
The Ministerial Instructions are the official instructions for CIC. They state April 30, 2015. I agree that the CIC site is poorly worded.
Sure. Now I understand your point...

vijaykumar13

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/05/2014
AOR Received.
PER 29/08/2014
IELTS Request
22 Points
Med's Request
30/10/2014
pharm said:
Dear members,

Do you know what is going on with cpc ottawa visa office? it seems they are not working fast as usual to send MR. People filed on first week of May 2014 with outher visa offices pass this week already. Any thoughts ?

I am May 22 applicant. PER on Sep 15 and I am still waiting for MR
Yeah I know the feeling, May 14th App.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.