+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiwss

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
SonOfOdin said:
Was having a sleepless night here in India. Had been refreshing the forum posts the whole day today to receive some news for 5th June CC charge. It was 1:45 A.M here in India when my phone beeped. I peeked at the msg to see a debit of Rs.60672.81 when I received a call from the HDFC credit card Fraud dept asking me about the much awaited transaction :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Forumites! very happy to share that I am the first of 5th June applicants to be charged!!! Yuhoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :) :) :)

App Filed : 5th June
Credit card lost: 3rd August :(
Additional Docs sent: 19th August [May not have identified the app properly. Only names of applicants and date of application provided]
2nd set of Additional Docs sent: 22 Sept [With proper identification]
Payment processed: 23rd Sept 5:30 P.M Sydney NS Canada Time

Some blunders in the application:
1.) Credit card lost. New credit card details sent.
2.) Visa office stated as VFS center Bangalore [an Application Processing Center] instead of New Delhi, India
3.) Have sent the Hospital Acknowledgement of Birth of my spouse instead of Birth Certificate. [Have found BC. Need to get it translated and sent as additional docs]
4.) Had a rejection of Tier 1 UK Visa in 2009. Forgot to mention it. Will send this info in the additional documents.
5.) Couriered the Application to PO Box instead of Dorchester street address meant for Couriers.

Would want to thank all the excellent members of this Forum for keeping up the positive spirit :) Special thanks to Oscar7, Century and all the other seniors who helped me and to Robbsman for sharing his experience of lost card :) Keep up the good work folks!!!
Hi Dude, BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FIRST!!

I've got the same question as you. My application was received by CIO on 5 Sep, however, I lost my credit card 1 week later!! :-( Suggested by forum bros, I sent the additional payment form with the updated credit information with my name, DOB, Passport number on the cover leter and it was received by 22 Sep. Here are my questions:

1. I hvn't sent the email to CIC and metioned the additional forms yet, do I need to also sent them the email for that? If yes, what's the email address?

2. It seems like in your case, CIC charged your CC based on the 1st additional docs you sent. I've heard CIO will start intial screening 2 weeks before the charging, therefore, did your 1st additional document arrive before the initial screening, that is before Sep?

3. I've been told that in some cases, CIO will replace the original documents receipt date with the additional document receipt date, but it doesn't happen in your case ,right?

Hope you could help me out, we are the birds with the same feather...thank you in advance!

RajuCA2014

May 20, 2014
Hi,

I have prepared all the required documents and my application is ready to be sent.

Please let me know what is a cover letter and what all should it include.

Heard that we need to mention the list of all the docs we are sending in the package in the same order in a sheet - is this itself the cover letter?

Please share the format of a sample cover letter pls.

Thanks a lot.

vams23

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
RP24 said:
Hi, i am also may 26 DD applicant, i also have no news. i have sent an enquiry mail to CIC on friday, you can do the same, send the following details at email address : cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

1. Name:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Country of residence:
4. Country of Birth:
5. NOC Code:
6. Local Visa office:
7. Application received by
8. Application receipt date
9. Mode of fees payment
Hi me too 26th May applicant under NOC 0013. checked with bank DD not cleared till 17th Sept.Really worried :eek:

hiwss

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
RajuCA2014 said:
Hi,

I have prepared all the required documents and my application is ready to be sent.

Please let me know what is a cover letter and what all should it include.

Heard that we need to mention the list of all the docs we are sending in the package in the same order in a sheet - is this itself the cover letter?

Please share the format of a sample cover letter pls.

Thanks a lot.

Hi, my case is special, I attached cover letter stating my name, dob and passport number on the envelopment of my additional docs for CIO to locate to my 1st original docs. no need to attach any cover letter in ur case.

randev

May 5, 2014
arusso said:
Hi everyone,

Does anybody knows what items the VO look at? I mean, if I have my PER already, what things can reject my application, God doesn't allow it?

Thanks a lot!! ;D
The VO may check whether the details that you provided in your application are legitimate. For example, it may verify whether the you have worked at the places that you've claimed in your application, whether you really do hold funds that you've shown in proof of funds, etc.

I suggest that you apply for your PCCs ASAP if you haven't done so already. Many forum members who've received PERs say that the local VOs just gave them 30 days to submit their PCCs.

With respect to medicals, here's an excellent link that explains what the process entails and also what you can do (ex. practice a healthy diet the week before the exam) to be successful in your medicals:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-examinationmade-easy-t133692.0.html

Good luck!

Himalayan Tiger

May 14, 2014
NDVO is handling the applications from four countries. Do they process all the applications according to date of all 4 countries or they have different sections to handle the applications of each country. Seems like NDVO is taking a lot of time to process the applications from Nepal.

CA1

Sep 20, 2014
maha shahzad said:
That not true, my cc did got charged...
Hi,

If it is alright with you, could you please let me know which bank credit card you used? For my application, I included the details of my standard chartered titanium card (Pakistan). Shall I take any further steps, maybe call the bank and say something specific to make sure my card is charged by CIC without any problem?
If I had discovered this forum a little earlier, I would have surely used a DD. Many at this forum seem to have the opinion that DD is safest.

Awaiting your reply.

praveensk

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Re: PCC is required for SPOUSE also

kenjiamanos said:
PCC in india, takes hardly half a day of work and you will get it immediately(given that everything is in place, u need to get it from PSK).... atleast thats what happened to me... :) :)

Regarding address proof, please elaborate..... current and permanent address varies...???
Thank you !

It is for present address proof for my wife, I have all necessary proof for present address but in my wife's name, we do not have any document.

We are trying with post paid mobile bill, please suggest if any other alternative is required.

And in passport she has the permanent address, is it fine if we do PCC with permanent address?

Sep 23, 2014
I have received the following reply from CIC. They have generated UCN however have not considered my full employment points as duties were not mentioned and my employers refused to provide me that although I attached Copy of COS which was issued while applying for my UK work permit (which I received). My application is declined.

Q1 Is there any chance of review, if yes, how?
Q2 Or do I need to file a new application along with fresh set of complete documents or with the additional documents only, CIC has already retained my existing documents and VISA processing fee.

Copy of the email :
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum
Education
Official language proficiency
Arranged employment
Experience
Adaptability
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 10 points for your age in accordance with R81 of IRPA.

You were assigned 21 points for your education credential at the bachelor’s degree level based on the Canadian educational credential or equivalency assessment submitted in support of your application in accordance with R75(8) and R78(1).

You were assigned 20 points for your English language proficiency and 0 for your French language proficiency. Points have been assigned in accordance with R79(1) of IRPA.

No points were assigned for arranged employment in accordance with R82(2) of IRPA.

You were assigned 9 points for your 1 year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the 10 years prior to the date your application was made in accordance with R 80 of IRPA. Points were assigned based on your work experience as Manager – Finance with ING Insurance from 01 July 2008 to 03 Sept 2009. No points were assigned for any other work experience as employment documentation on file did not indicate main duties of work experience. Please note: Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of work experience.

You were assigned 5 points for your spouse or common-law partners’ language proficiency, in accordance with R83 of IRPA.

No additional adaptability points were assigned.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at:
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options,

NOTE: Your application and supporting documentation are part of your permanent record and must remain on file. Original documents, submitted in support of your application, are also part of the permanent record and will not be returned. Once your application has been placed in process, no refund of the processing fees will be issued.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantindiia said:
I have received the following reply from CIC. They have generated UCN however have not considered my full employment points as duties were not mentioned and my employers refused to provide me that although I attached Copy of COS which was issued while applying for my UK work permit (which I received). My application is declined.

Q1 Is there any chance of review, if yes, how?
Q2 Or do I need to file a new application along with fresh set of complete documents or with the additional documents only, CIC has already retained my existing documents and VISA processing fee.

Copy of the email :
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum
Education
Official language proficiency
Arranged employment
Experience
Adaptability
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 10 points for your age in accordance with R81 of IRPA.

You were assigned 21 points for your education credential at the bachelor's degree level based on the Canadian educational credential or equivalency assessment submitted in support of your application in accordance with R75(8) and R78(1).

You were assigned 20 points for your English language proficiency and 0 for your French language proficiency. Points have been assigned in accordance with R79(1) of IRPA.

No points were assigned for arranged employment in accordance with R82(2) of IRPA.

You were assigned 9 points for your 1 year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the 10 years prior to the date your application was made in accordance with R 80 of IRPA. Points were assigned based on your work experience as Manager – Finance with ING Insurance from 01 July 2008 to 03 Sept 2009. No points were assigned for any other work experience as employment documentation on file did not indicate main duties of work experience. Please note: Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of work experience.

You were assigned 5 points for your spouse or common-law partners' language proficiency, in accordance with R83 of IRPA.

No additional adaptability points were assigned.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at:
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options,

NOTE: Your application and supporting documentation are part of your permanent record and must remain on file. Original documents, submitted in support of your application, are also part of the permanent record and will not be returned. Once your application has been placed in process, no refund of the processing fees will be issued.
Now that you know that you lack only 2 points you should take another IELTS exam and claim what is yours. Be strong, you have come so far already and PER is certainly within reach, so, please don't lose hope and push harder for better IELTS result. Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your experience. +1

Jun 9, 2014
:D ;D Hi! I have been following this forum since May when the applications started. Last year, I got my applications delayed and returned.Thanks to my Consultant :eek: ... Thankfully, this time, I managed to sent my application for NOC 1112 which was received on 06th June 2014.

I had lost hope when I received the sms today about debit of my credit card for CAD 1100. I am thrilled and it seems I am back in game. Now, please request expert's answer for the next steps...
  • When can I expect the file umber or e-mail from the FSW Canada Office?
  • I didn't submit the Police Verification along with the form. I have it ready from the UK as well as India. Shall I post them now or wait until I get file number/reference number
  • What would be my chances of getting PR now?

Thank you this forum for this niche consultancy and community support.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Mahesh
Bangalore, NDVO

praveensk

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hello All,

My application was received on 6th June and my CC is charged today morning.

NOC: 2173

Moderators, please update the sheet.

Thank you everyone for your help and support !

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
srinidhi007 said:
I spoke to ICICI call center and they confirmed that credit card number will be changed, also, i have sent an email to customer care to obtain the confirmation of the timeline and validity of my existing credit card.
Which ICICI card is this?...I hold a CORAL and has a chip....did not receive any info about change yet from ICICI...

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idonotgetanygoodid said:
:D ;D Hi! I have been following this forum since May when the applications started. Last year, I got my applications delayed and returned.Thanks to my Consultant :eek: ... Thankfully, this time, I managed to sent my application for NOC 1112 which was received on 06th June 2014.

I had lost hope when I received the sms today about debit of my credit card for CAD 1100. I am thrilled and it seems I am back in game. Now, please request expert's answer for the next steps...
  • When can I expect the file umber or e-mail from the FSW Canada Office?
  • I didn't submit the Police Verification along with the form. I have it ready from the UK as well as India. Shall I post them now or wait until I get file number/reference number
  • What would be my chances of getting PR now?

Thank you this forum for this niche consultancy and community support.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Mahesh
Bangalore, NDVO
1) It will take about 7-10 days for you to receive PER, containing your file number.
2) Once you are deemed (hopefully) eligible for further processing your file will be transfered to NDVO. Expect a request for PCC from them and submit it accordingly.
3) It would be inapropriate to speculate about your chances of going through the whole process, being ignorant of all the information that your file contains. For now you should only think about PER.

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
SonOfOdin said:
Was having a sleepless night here in India. Had been refreshing the forum posts the whole day today to receive some news for 5th June CC charge. It was 1:45 A.M here in India when my phone beeped. I peeked at the msg to see a debit of Rs.60672.81 when I received a call from the HDFC credit card Fraud dept asking me about the much awaited transaction :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Forumites! very happy to share that I am the first of 5th June applicants to be charged!!! Yuhoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :) :) :)

App Filed : 5th June
Credit card lost: 3rd August :(
Additional Docs sent: 19th August [May not have identified the app properly. Only names of applicants and date of application provided]
2nd set of Additional Docs sent: 22 Sept [With proper identification]
Payment processed: 23rd Sept 5:30 P.M Sydney NS Canada Time

Some blunders in the application:
1.) Credit card lost. New credit card details sent.
2.) Visa office stated as VFS center Bangalore [an Application Processing Center] instead of New Delhi, India
3.) Have sent the Hospital Acknowledgement of Birth of my spouse instead of Birth Certificate. [Have found BC. Need to get it translated and sent as additional docs]
4.) Had a rejection of Tier 1 UK Visa in 2009. Forgot to mention it. Will send this info in the additional documents.
5.) Couriered the Application to PO Box instead of Dorchester street address meant for Couriers.

Would want to thank all the excellent members of this Forum for keeping up the positive spirit :) Special thanks to Oscar7, Century and all the other seniors who helped me and to Robbsman for sharing his experience of lost card :) Keep up the good work folks!!!
Congrats! Good to know after all of that, you are now through the critical first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.