+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaby8

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
DD Oct 28, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Nov 7, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
Jan 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 26, 2015
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Mar 9, 2015
hello everyone!

can we say for sure that the caps on the CIC page are the PERs issued?

Also in the last 3-4 weeks the caps on CIC seems to be moving faster?

thanks

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
23-May-2015, TLU - 04-Jun-2015
Hi Friends,

Need your valuable suggestion.

I applied for Work Permit 10 years ago. Do i need to mention it somewhere?

Since Work permit is not TRV or visitor or refugee visa and hence i filled "No" in Background Declaration form ( Schedule A).

Is my understanding correct here ?

BR/
Amar

Marta

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/06/14
Doc's Request.
30/01/15
AOR Received.
PER received 30/09/14
Med's Request
30/01/15
Med's Done....
11/02/15
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-------------------My CC got charged :D---------06/04

Great thanks to all of you here on this forum

iammrA

Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015 Medicals Received: 27-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2015 Decision Made: 22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
vivek Sukumar said:
By God's grace, Got my PER mail today... Thanks to all friends who's sharing a lot of info on this forum... Let's hope for the best...
Wow congratulations! God bless on the next steps :))

iammrA

Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Diplomatru said:
Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.

To be continued.
Hello Diplomatru,

Very nice of you on sharing these helpful advices. I am now more excited to land in Canada.

Thanks and all the best there in Canada! :))

iammrA

Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Diplomatru said:
Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.

To be continued.
+1 also for this :)

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
prashant. said:
Guys,

any 26th May applicants still waiting for PER like me ??

I don't even know whether my dd was encased or not !

:'( :-( :'( :-( :O
Check With the Bank about the DD..and 26th may is not far gone...so be patient.....PPL from 21 st may are also getting PER now....

Kafil

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forum Members

I am a 16 May LVO applicant having already received PER. For the last two weeks whenever i would check my ECAS status, i would fill my UCI without hyphen sign (-), but today i noticed that when i entered my UCI without hyphen sign, ECAS alerted me to enter it or else it would not move forward, and i was able to see my status after using the hyphen sign,

My question is, can the above instance be considered as an indication that perhaps some online record upation is being done by VO?

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
Marta said:

WOW...congrats...4th june.... :) :) :)

drsdps

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16july
Nomination.....
12 nov
Med's Request
16th January
Marta said:

congrats

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
lovelysheep said:
June 3rd applicant, CC got charged on Sep 19th.
I will update SS ASAP. :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats.. :) :) :) :)

vatclor

Sep 19, 2014
Diplomatru said:
This mistake constitutes a viable ground for returning your application, since the questions mentioned in Schedule A are meant to determine your eligibility to Canada as per IRPA, hence it is a crucial issue. What would be most appropriate at the moment is contacting CIC to withdraw your application and send another one straight away (TRF and ECA are easy to obtain). You can also take your chances with the addendum but in case it doesn't work and they specifically indicate that it may not, you will lose time and miss the cap.
Thanks Diplomatru for your response.
Are there other applicants here who was on same boat as mine??? Kindly share your experience or please give advise.

Here's my inquiry again:

I applied for NOC 2173 and was received June 11th. Yesterday, I reviewed again the forms I submitted & noticed 1 mistake
I was not able to answer 1 question in Schedule A: background/declaration and that is "been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?". We overlooked it, eventhough we reviewed it many times, very disappointing.

PLEASE advise what should we do.
Should we send letter to inform them of our mistake?

Thanks so much in advance.

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
23-May-2015, TLU - 04-Jun-2015
Hi Friends,

Since Work permit is not TRV or visitor or refugee visa and hence i filled "No" in Background Declaration form ( Schedule A).

BR/
Amar

SyedAbbas

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Hi,

I applied on 14th of May, still I've no update :(

I had given my card details, and I've recently heard from someone that card payments from Pakistan are not accepted by Canada Immigration.

Does someone has any idea? How early I can expect my papers back (seems no hope of PER)

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
POSTIVE ELIGIBILTY REVIEWS 9TH DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
2ND LINE UPDATED 2ND FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Request
REQUEST RECIEVED ON 23RD FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
JUNE 8TH 2015 PASSPORT SUBITTED:- 19TH JUNE 2015 !!! AS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE POSITIVE ONES!!! 8TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
15-08-2015 CAN BE ASAP AS WELL (BEFORE THAT DATE) AS I GET MAPLE PR VISA !!
amar_gahir said:
Hi Friends,

BR/
Amar
Do you have a uci for it? Or any reference from hrsd? If yes than need to mention it! More experienced members turn on your torches

Status
Not open for further replies.