+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arusso

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2015
Hi everyone,

I already received my PER, I'm trying to see my status online in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=35 but it always says that they cannot find my application. :(
Have I to wait certain days or something? Is that the correct page? :eek:

Thanks a lot!

askhan

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
maha shahzad said:
NO PER ??? :mad:

Feeling downnnnnnn

Cc charged on 12 sept?....... Wish me luck..
Good luck "Miss Maha" I am sure you will get it in the first two days of the next week! :D

askhan

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
click.trick said:
Lucky U !! my CC charged on 12th September too, I have applied for the first time, I have no way to track it.. need to wait till monday or may be the coming whole week :(
Good luck Bro! Next week is for you to celebrate! :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.

To be continued.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we use to read some very basic and simplest questions from our members

.......they include about how much points they gona get for age or for certain years of education........how much they gona pay rprf for spouse and kids!.............what is per, ner, aor, rprf...........cc is better or dd............how to notarize and which docs to notarize.............e.t.c.

dear members.......I appreciate ur asking questions and I believe that no question is silly stupid or useless, we all try to answer each and every query which we can in the most easiest and simplest way.

but I strongly urge u all...that before asking any question......please do visit the cic website, search ur query on the internet, read other forums, search forums, apply ur own logic and understanding, try to understand what u want to know and what u are actually asking.

believe me brothers u will find ur solutions for the basic queries without even posting them on the forum. actually I still use to see that a lot of people are still stuck with basic things, I really feel worried about them that if somehow they don't know these very basic things and they are not even trying to find or know it by themselves then how come they gona pass life in Canada? its not a bed of roses to immigrate from Asian countries and start life in Canada. even the most senior and experience people face lot of difficulties in that. and by depending on other to find basic things for themselves, they are actually creating more basic problems which no one gona solve for them when they enter Canada. life in Canada is not spoon feeding, u will enter one of the top nations and countries in the world from every aspect and there people do their own things, they don't depend on others for the basic things.

I hope the message is understood, and hope it might help us all. if there is any correction then plz do it, it is welcomed. thanks all.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arusso said:
Hi everyone,

I already received my PER, I'm trying to see my status online in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=35 but it always says that they cannot find my application. :(
Have I to wait certain days or something? Is that the correct page? :eek:

Thanks a lot!
ECAS is very outdated and sloppy. It will update in 2 weeks tops. By that time you may already receive some communication from your VO, since it holds the fastest processing record among all of the CIC RPCs for the time being.

vatclor

Sep 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for NOC 2173 and was received June 11th. Yesterday, I reviewed again the forms I submitted & noticed 1 mistake :(
I was not able to answer 1 question in Schedule A: background/declaration and that is "been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?". We overlooked it, eventhough we reviewed it many times, very disappointing.

PLEASE advise what should we do.
Should we send letter to inform them of our mistake?

Thanks,
vatclor

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.

To be continued.
+1 for that.

also want to ask one thing more after you complete ur remaining post, initially for the 1st year....with a family of 3 (husband wife and 3 yrs old kid) total how much expense is expected on avg? means if living on tight budget or full economical style? give ur approximation, I just want to have a rough idea. thanks again.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vatclor said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for NOC 2173 and was received June 11th. Yesterday, I reviewed again the forms I submitted & noticed 1 mistake :(
I was not able to answer 1 question in Schedule A: background/declaration and that is "been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?". We overlooked it, eventhough we reviewed it many times, very disappointing.

PLEASE advise what should we do.
Should we send letter to inform them of our mistake?

Thanks,
vatclor
This mistake constitutes a viable ground for returning your application, since the questions mentioned in Schedule A are meant to determine your eligibility to Canada as per IRPA, hence it is a crucial issue. What would be most appropriate at the moment is contacting CIC to withdraw your application and send another one straight away (TRF and ECA are easy to obtain). You can also take your chances with the addendum but in case it doesn't work and they specifically indicate that it may not, you will lose time and miss the cap.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhaantariq said:
+1 for that.

also want to ask one thing more after you complete ur remaining post, initially for the 1st year....with a family of 3 (husband wife and 3 yrs old kid) total how much expense is expected on avg? means if living on tight budget or full economical style? give ur approximation, I just want to have a rough idea. thanks again.
Everyone has his own idea of living standards, but ... the absolute minimum would be around 2000CAD AFTER tax which would cover rental fee and elementary food for three people.

arusso

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2015
Diplomatru said:
ECAS is very outdated and sloppy. It will update in 2 weeks tops. By that time you may already receive some communication from your VO, since it holds the fastest processing record among all of the CIC RPCs for the time being.
Thanks for your answer... I'm VERY much calmer knowing that.
Thanks!

dev260183

Sep 14, 2014
ahsan99 said:
but spread sheet reflects something else. even pessimist view in spread sheet says that it will go till 26 september and realistic view says that it will go till 10 october (discussion about 2132 mechanical engineer)

don't worry it will definitely go beyond September
I wonder why some people here are misguiding others or they r poor in maths

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
Guys,

any 26th May applicants still waiting for PER like me ??

I don't even know whether my dd was encased or not !

:'( :-( :'( :-( :O

Deepali123

Aug 13, 2014
Goodmorning
Just want to check,i am 21 july applicant,can by any chance i can check my status,i dont have any no or code,or rather i should say even if I have it ,i am not aware of it..
plz sugest.And congratulation to all who are climbing the ladder of dreams to Reality..Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.