+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggulati

Star Member
May 30, 2013
fabioadias said:
My application reached CIO on August 27th.
According to SS I'm probably going to be charged between February 12th and February 20th in 2015... how accurate is this info? Damn... thats a long time to get charged :'(
in November you might be charged , as applications submission for the rest of the months may not be that high as it was in May.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
sahar_lotfi_77 said:
Hi to everybody
I got my file number and medical forms for my husband and I. I have a few questions.
I wonder if anyone could answer my questions.
1-I am from Iran and the visa office which serves my country is Ankara,turkey.but the france visa office has sent medical forms to me.why is it so? do I have to sent my medical results to Ankara visa office or paris visa office? P.S. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about VO anymore. I means who cares about VO once MR & RPRF is requested.
2-The RPRF must be made out to embassy of canada,france or the receiver general for Canada? Make it payable to Receiver General for Canada.
3-my child was born after I gof my file number.the amount of 150$ for my baby should be made out to the receiver general for Canada or embassy ? Make it payable to Receiver General for Canada. Apart from that you also have to inform CIC about newborn. Hope you are aware of process regarding adding newborn to your application. Inform CIC first and Do not send any documents to CIC until its requested. If you are not, please see copy of email below; you might receive something like this from CIC. The only reason I am sending this to you is because it can help you to get a document incase if you don't have one.

In order to continue processing your application, additional documents are required. Please complete these forms for your newborn. Always include your file number on all correspondence

(A) If the child was born in Canada:
You must submit the following document:
· a legible copy of a long form birth certificate showing the names of father and mother

No medical examination or processing fee is required if the child was born in Canada.

(B) If the child was born outside Canada:
You must submit the following documents:
· Legible copy of a long form birth certificate showing name of father and mother

· Copy of child's passport ( Please provide as soon as possible)

· 4 photographs meeting the specifications for Citizenship and Immigration

· IMM 0008 Generic – all pages must be completed by the principal applicant to show

· details of the new dependant.

You must send these documents in hard copy (not via email) to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Canada

On receipt of these documents, your child will be added to your application as a non-accompanying dependant, and medical forms and instructions will be sent to you.

You must also pay the processing fee of $150 CAD for your child's application. (if born outside canada)

This payment must be made online. Please consult the following link for complete instructions: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Once this office receives your payment for the processing fees, your child's application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Regards

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa –
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas

thank you.
regards
Congrats and +1. Please see answers above in red.

Gabrielpio

Apr 10, 2014
fabioadias said:
According to SS I'm probably going to be charged between February 12th and February 20th in 2015... how accurate is this info? Damn... thats a long time to get charged :'(
Hi Fabio! We're at the same page!!!! My application also reached CIO on Aug 27th!

I saw that Wolf635 application is running fast after the CC charge....

Does anybody think that we will be able to get the MR / PR before 2015?? 8)

Thanks!

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Oscar7 said:
Hi, It seems all FSW 2014 Ankara, Turkey VO cases are being handled by Paris, France VO. Same has been reported by 2 to 3 guys from Turkey earlier, so please work with Paris VO. Rest Goku has already answered. Cheers & congratulations on the birth of your baby! :)
My understanding is that Paris is quicker than Ankara, so that would be a good result

jessica27

Aug 27, 2014
Our application was sent off today, we provided settlement fund but forgot to tick it off on the checklist. What can happen about this???

ZeCarioca

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
Express entry will be harder. It will be competitive instead of first-come-first serve as it is right now. So, it will likely be very difficult to get an invitation without job offer or provincial nominee or a really high points for example.
I don´t completely agree with you my friend.

In my humble opinion I think Express Entry will be pretty much like the Australian Process (Skill Select). As a matter of fact I read somewhere that they are indeed using Skill Select as a reference for Express Entry.

You will somehow express your interest in immigrating through FSW and provide some forms/documents for it (Fewer than the actual application. Just ECA and IELTS I think).

Then your app will get in a pool of applicants. They will periodically select (By software) some applications to start the completed immigration process and at this moment will be pretty much like we are having now, but faster. In Australia it happens twice a month for the hole year and the criteria for the selection will be from the higher points to lower ones, not considering any start date.

These 25000 cap would be spread out through the year.

And if you have a Job offer you get higher points and/or have some kind of priority on those selections.

I think this kind of process benefits who have higher points and makes much more sense then this crazy race we have today.

http://pathwayvisas.com/blog/canadas-new-active-recruitment-immigration-may-provide-the-key-to-your-entry/

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx

Obs: Anyway, my app should be arriving at CIC tomorrow!!! Hope to be on CAP (NOC 2171) :p :p :p :p

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
Thank you shah2014, ANANJAY, grooby, abhi228, Gsw, Saps, obryan20, APSK, rohit307 for your congratulations and +1's!
I wish good luck to everyone on this forum :)

rohit307 said:
Congratulations dmitrych!! :) One query. Did you claim points for the current employer experience? Could that be the reason for asking for an up-to-date reference letter from the current employer?
I had 1.5 years of work experience with my previous employer and more than 4 years of experience with my current employer - both in NOC 2174. As I see, I'm eligible even without the current employer experience.
Maybe that's just a standard practice at Kyiv VO to ask for an updated reference letter, or maybe they do it randomly. - There are so many possible explanations and none of them is strong enough to be the main one, - so I don't see any way to find out the exact reason.

fabioadias said:
Hi Fabioadias,
The estimate properly accounts for the decreasing amounts of new applications each day, and even for holidays/weekends, and the speed with which CIC is charging the applications has been practically constant in FSW 2013 and FSW 2014 up until today.
So it actually is pretty precise, assuming that CIC keeps charging applications with the same speed.

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
mikeypm said:
Yes I feel that the practices of WES are not sufficient to be a mandated supplier of credential assessment. They are playing with peoples lives
Is there link for us to make a formal complain to CIC or the minister for Immigration and Culture about the unprofessional treatment we getting from WES.
WES has screwed many applicants, squashed the dreams of many of us through their shabby job and incompetence after being paid with our hard earned money.
I will advise we all storm the Facebook or Twitter handle of the minister or CIC with our complains so as to serve as a deterrent to WES .

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
ZeCarioca said:
I don´t completely agree with you my friend.

In my humble opinion I think Express Entry will be pretty much like the Australian Process (Skill Select). As a matter of fact I read somewhere that they are indeed using Skill Select as a reference for Express Entry.

You will somehow express your interest in immigrating through FSW and provide some forms/documents for it (Fewer than the actual application. Just ECA and IELTS I think).

Then your app will get in a pool of applicants. They will periodically select (By software) some applications to start the completed immigration process and at this moment will be pretty much like we are having now, but faster. In Australia it happens twice a month for the hole year and the criteria for the selection will be from the higher points to lower ones, not considering any start date.

These 25000 cap would be spread out through the year.

And if you have a Job offer you get higher points and/or have some kind of priority on those selections.

I think this kind of process benefits who have higher points and makes much more sense then this crazy race we have today.

http://pathwayvisas.com/blog/canadas-new-active-recruitment-immigration-may-provide-the-key-to-your-entry/

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx

Obs: Anyway, my app should be arriving at CIC tomorrow!!! Hope to be on CAP (NOC 2171) :p :p :p :p
That was the essence of what I said too. So, not getting what you don't agree on. It might be beneficial for the process itself, but no question it will be harder to qualify for.

jessica27

Aug 27, 2014
Our application is sent to cic, we provided a settlement fund but forgot to tick it on check list, what can b done about this?

Gabrielpio

Apr 10, 2014
shah2014 said:
@ Gabrielpio

U can land before 2015, if 2014 is extended by 12 months.

Do u seriously think tht u will be able to get it? if so u r the most optimistic person in the world.

My friend, CIC has only completed review of apps till 16/17th May and sent them to VO, which means they took 4 months for apps of first 12 working days and that only 2,360 apps. Consider urself lucky if u get PER before 2015.
Shah2014, You have just made the most optimistic person in the world REALLY sad.... ::)

Ok! Let's be serious!!! I know that I won't be able to move till 2015, but a PER or a MR would be really amazing!!!!!!

What timeframe do you think is the most likely ?!

ZeCarioca

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
That was the essence of what I said too. So, not getting what you don't agree on. It might be beneficial for the process itself, but no question it will be harder to qualify for.
Ok. Sorry for that.

What I mean is that the process will be harder for the applicants with lower points and easier for the ones with higher points.

Anyway, I wish good luck to everyone!!! We´ll make it!!! ;D

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@Oscar7

:'( plz look into ur Magic Crystal ball for my friend

@Gabrielpio
Kindly check out SS for all estimates ............... but my personal guess PER by late Nov or early Dec if CIC continues improving its performance. MR depends on ur visa ofc and we have no conclusive data to estimate tht

Gabrielpio said:
Shah2014, You have just made the most optimistic person in the world REALLY sad.... ::)

Ok! Let's be serious!!! I know that I won't be able to move till 2015, but a PER or a MR would be really amazing!!!!!!

What timeframe do you think is the most likely ?!

Gabrielpio

Apr 10, 2014
shah2014 said:
@ Oscar7

:'( plz look into ur Magic Crystal ball for my friend

@ Gabrielpio
Kindly check out SS for all estimates ............... but my personal guess PER by late Nov or early Dec if CIC continues improving its performance. MR depends on ur visa ofc and we have no conclusive data to estimate tht
That's it! You've just made me happy and confident again :D !!!!!! Thank you!!!

I am checking the SS everyday!! Let's hope that São Paulo VO be really fast, right?!

Cheers!!!

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
It is sad that consultancies are so opaque about timelines. I have been talking to them for about a month and not one has provided 10% the info this forum has got. They just keep talking about money.

So If I am not wrong these would be the steps to start.

• Write IELTS,
  • Get the ECA from WES
  • Prepare all remaining documentation
  • Send it to Visa office

Are all this remotely doable for a complete newbie to the process within a month? Which I think is the max time period for the NOC 2173 or 2174 which is my field.

Is there logic in pursuing for the FSW in 2014 -2015 or get the documents ready and try for Express Entry next year? Please advise and thanks in advance1

Status
Not open for further replies.