+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
rahul101 said:
Hey Mikey, since you're a British Citizen you can avail of the visa without arrival process ( which I am sure you're already aware of). This is important for you, in case a scenario such as the following presents itself :

a ) You don't get your PER in time before your work permit expires : Go cross the border to the USA and on your way back you can always say that you're in Canada for tourism. ( just as long as your employer agrees to give you some time off, since you wouldn't want to be working in Canada on a Tourist Visa). Of course, the CBSA officers will ask you specific questions just to ascertain that you're in fact a visitor and not there for a dual purpose. So better read on the internet for the probable questions and answers.

b ) In case you do get your PER just right before your work permit expires, you can always apply for the work permit and work under implied status. This is a very common scenario and you can call up CIC to enquire more about "implied" status.

Maybe you're already aware of these scenarios, just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input as a British Citizen I can apply to change my status to a visitor online without the need to obtain a visa or travel to the border.

I believe that an application sent for a BOWP can be sent right up to and including the last day of the current permit and I could get a BOWP and I could keep working on implied status whilst I await the BOWP.

wsheikh86

Sep 3, 2013
Can anyone please tell me what happens once you receive the PER email. Should we just sit back and wait or are there any steps we have to take. Will be really thankful if someone can guide me.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
grooby said:
I think you need to ask yourself whether you want to apply ? if yes, look for a low filled NOC and go for it as long as you're making 67 points .... and those are two things you gotta be mindful about .... the points =67 and Select a NOC which is not as hot .... dont even think of going with NOC2174...... you have to probably get an affidavit for the name issue .... and most people would no alternative usage of MD and Mohammad....... affidavit should solve the issue ... what say ashif ???? Anyway, Best of Luck mate !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click [Good] on the left if my response is of any help....

Bro,

Yes affidavit may work....But this flaw will continue for the further periods too.....Lets say for taking his parents to CA on later stage etc...

So if he have time to get a newer one before sending app package, then its better to take that...:)

Although in my parents case, my brother was sponsor for the super visa application. On his PP, my fathers name was 'MOHAMMAD' and in my father's PP - it was "MD" (similar case). When they applied , forms was used as per my father's PP name ('MD')....And no cover letter was added....

My parents got that Super Visa ...My mom is on CA .....No issues had occurred till now for this naming convention (for his husband's name)...

Sharing this just to inform the facts....:)

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
palakpatel911 said:
Yes Dear,
counting & wait starts again... :-[
Hopefully CIC pick up the pace

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
wsheikh86 said:
Can anyone please tell me what happens once you receive the PER email. Should we just sit back and wait or are there any steps we have to take. Will be really thankful if someone can guide me.
Buddy,

Just seat back....U will be requested if any further action is needed...

Just for ref I am sharing the process flow:

Significance of ECAS Status and Process of PR Application for FSW Applicants

Completeness Check

1. They received couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
2. Check if the applications forms are all completely filled, payments are ok, all required documentation are enclosed.
3. Check if we have valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC(a part of the 29 occupations list)
4. Check the CAP has been reached for that NOC yet.
5. They accept the payments as submitted with application and that's the last stage of the completeness check.
6. If the application passes the completeness check, it's put in the queue for the Eligibility Review. If not they send the application
back stating the reason for return.

Eligibility Review

1. During the Eligibility Review, they check and award points for the following 6 selection factors

Education
Work Experience
Adaptability
Arranged Employment

2. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points( they confirm the job duties comply with requirements for that particular NOC and that experience documents are satisfactory.

Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing

1.If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the visa office identified by the applicant on the IMM 0008 form for a Final Selection Decision. CIO will send out an email confirming this which will indicate a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing. If the applicant fails Eligibility Review, again CIO sends and email out to confirm the reasons for the same, and that they are initiating a refund of the processing fee.

2. Once an applicant receives a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing from the CIO, applicant will be able to check the ECAS Status of their application. We can use the application number/UCI Number/Payment receipt number, all of which we can get form the email that CIO sends out, to check the ECAS status.

At this Point you cans access your ECAS

IN Process>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<We received your Application on xxxxxxxxxx

Final Selection Decision at VO

Determination of Eligibility through Verification

1. Once the file reaches the Visa Offices they are queued up for processing. Once the file move to the table, AOR might be sent out to confirm receipt of application at the VO and the Background checks and documentation checks are initiated for the application.

Interview Queue
The VO may render a decision that, upon review of the application and supporting documents, the applicant is not required to
attend a Personal Selection Interview.If a Personal Selection Interview is required, the application will be placed in queue to await
an interview date. Your interview will not schedule at this time.
An Interview Waiver
Within the correspondence of the interview waiver the VO may also request that further documentation be submitted. The
submission of PCC, updated forms, RPRF, Medical (In India PP request is also club with these docs).
Refusal of the application
Upon the initial review of the application, the immigration officer may decide that the documents submitted do not establish the
level of qualification required by Canadian Immigration. And may be during the background check Work experience or educational
documents was not verified.

Selection Interview

1. The VO is entitled to request that an applicant attend a Personal Selection Interview if he/she has concerns regarding any or all of
the following:

Authenticity of the documents submitted
Truthful and total completion of the forms
Verification of the information entered on the forms
Clarification of the specific information provided to Immigration Canada

Note: The VO will not conduct and Interviews to assess language ability.

Under the new regulations, selection standards are more objective and clearly defined. It is expected that in most cases visa officers will be able to make a decision to approve or refuse an application based on the documentation provided by the applicant without a election interview. However, in some cases, an interview may be necessary for a number of reasons. Especially, if you do not meet the pass mark in effect and are applying under “Substitute Evaluation”, you are more likely to be called in for an interview to decide if there are reasonable grounds to exercise positive discretion

Purpose of Interview

If required, a selection interview would be conducted for several reasons:
To verify the validity and truthfulness of certain information provided on the forms and documentation submitted with the
application.
To clarify any specific information and inconsistencies.
To clarify certain issues as regards to the background of the applicant and/or his/her dependents.
To verify that the applicant possesses the necessary funds to settle in Canada.
To confirm that the applicant is not inadmissible on security grounds.
To verify if there are sufficient grounds to use positive discretion, if the applicant's point total is below the current pass mark.
Under the new regulations, visa officers will no longer conduct interviews to assess an applicant's language proficiency or personal
suitability for immigration purposes.

Interview Waivers

At their discretion, visa officers may approve an application for permanent residence in Canada without holding a selection interview. An interview waiver will significantly expedite the processing of the application. Usually, well-prepared applications, which are complete in every detail will increase the chances of an interview waiver.

When assessing an application under the Skilled Worker category, visa officers will consider several factors before granting an interview waiver such as:

Quality and completeness of the application forms and documents

Proof of the applicant's English and/or French language ability

The applicant's educational qualifications

The applicant's professional qualifications such as quality of his/her educational background and work experience

The applicant's potential for adaptability, resourcefulness and motivation to successfully establish himself/herself in Canada

The applicant's overall integrity and credibility

Nevertheless, a selection interview may occasionally be required for even highly qualified applicants, as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officials randomly select such applicants to test the accuracy of their interview-waiving criteria for quality assurance purposes.

Rarely, it is also possible that after an interview waiver has been granted, the visa officer may change his/her mind and require the applicant to come to the selection interview or vice versa.

Discretion of the Visa Officer

I. Positive Discretion

The visa officer can use his/her discretionary power to approve an application under the “Substitute Evaluation” provisions of the new regulations if the visa officer feels that the applicant is likely to become economically established in Canada or the applicant's point total is not a sufficient indicator of whether or not the applicant may become economically established in Canada.

II. Negative Discretion

Similarly, the new regulations also make it possible for the visa officer to refuse an application regardless of the applicant's point total where the visa officer is of the opinion that the applicant does not have the ability to economically establish himself/herself in Canada.

If the applicant pass the interview and got Positive selection decision from VO we can read following line on our ECAS

>>>>>>>>>>In Process

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< We Started Processing you application on XXXXXXXXx

Upon completion of the interview, the applicant will be required to pass both the Medical and Security requirements. The immigration officer may also request that further documentation be submitted as had been requested at the interview. As a general and standard time A Permanent Resident Visa can be issued within 12 weeks, from the date of receipt of the last documents at the processing Post.

Medical Request

At this stage we receive Medical instruction + Add docs +PCC + RPRF(+ In India PP request as well). All applicants as well as all dependents (accompanying or not) will be required to pass the medical requirement. The Medical examination requirement is mandatory and serves the following purpose.

To protect the health of Canadian.
To protect the safety of Canadian.
To reduce and prevent excessive demand on Canada's health and social services.

Note: The medical report is valid for one year from the date of completion.

Security Clearance

Each applicant over the age of 18 is required to pass the security requirement. All applicants must prove that they are not a threat to the safety of Canadian Society. Applicants provide this information through Police Clearances which the applicant must obtain directly and by passing the background clearance which the immigration authorities obtain on behalf of the applicant.

After receiving Medical results by Regional Medical, they enter into GCMS 4.0 system, after that Otawa, Canada Check the medical results if they don't satisfy they email to applicant for further test, if they satisfy and approve the results they generate the following line of ECAS.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In Process
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Medical Results Have Been Received

It means that your medical results approved and seconded by Ottawa, Canada, and you are 90% approved at this stage and your Passport request is on the way.

Final Approval from VO

The last stage of the application is the issuance of the Permanent Resident Visa.

Passport request:

Once the immigration authorities are ready to issue the Visa, applicant will be required to submit their original passport for Visa Stamping. Original Passport must be submitted for the Principal applicant as well as each accompanying family members. Each passport will need to be valid for at least 12 months and have minimum of 2 pages per visa.

Validity:

Each Permanent Resident Visa is valid for 1 year from the date of the Medical exam or until the expiration of the passport. The Validity of the PR visa from the date of medical exam refers to the first exam completed (either principal applicant or dependent). The principal applicant and each accompanying dependent must make their official landing in Canada before the PR visa expires. Failure to land before the expiration of your visa will void the visa and will then result in the necessity of a new application. The validity date of the Visa cannot be extended.

At this stage we can read the following Final change on your ECAS
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Decision Made
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< A decision has been made on your application

Refusal of Application

Applicants can be refused at anytime during the process of the application, for any of the following reasons:

Proof of Language skills
Criminal issues (have criminal record in any country)
Security(failed background checks)
Medical (failed medical exam)
Financial reasons (have less than the minimum settlement funds
Misrepresentation(failed to be truthful during the application or omitted information)
Non-compliance(failed to provide any requested information/ documents the immigration officer requested or failed to attend a
Personal Selection Interview)
Inadmissible family members (the above reasons for any family member indicated as dependent on the application form)

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
grooby said:
Seems like my prediction about 26th is likely to fall apart ..... But as of friday 3 applicants of 21st May got charged ... everything looked on track ... all of a sudden just yesterday I saw only 1 21st MAy applicant being charged ... someone playing around with the SS it seems ... not giving the tru picture .... just 2-3 application dates to go before your turn comes ..... Best of Luck .... !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click [Good] on the left if my response is of any help.....
Thanks for your best wishes and the medal goes back to its draw lol

livingincanada

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

Dont worry about the CAP....

What I strongly believe - Jun applicants will not be affected even for the hottest NOC....

Relax.....:)

Thanks brother Ashifeee! I was only concerned as till now 460 is the cap status for 1112 and this till 21 May so I did simple maths and according to that it was not coming under cap...

Reason I asked for suggestion is that should I file another application in some other category may be? Regards

abhi228

Champion Member
Oct 10, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-5-2014
Nomination.....
15-8-2014
Congrats dmitrych ! :)

dmitrych said:
Got a medical request today from my visa office (Kyiv), along with a request for an up-to-date reference letter from my current employer. No other documents have been requested.
It's totally out of the blue, I didn't expect Kyiv office to be so quick! :)
Will have my medical exam tomorrow.

vijaykumar13

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/05/2014
AOR Received.
PER 29/08/2014
IELTS Request
22 Points
Med's Request
30/10/2014
Mohammad1978 said:
Thank you, :) I also think it would be better to send all documents together.
Better be safe than sorry, send both documents together

Good Luck

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
livingincanada said:
Thanks brother Ashifeee! I was only concerned as till now 460 is the cap status for 1112 and this till 21 May so I did simple maths and according to that it was not coming under cap...

Reason I asked for suggestion is that should I file another application in some other category may be? Regards
Brother,

Choice is urs!

i cant abandon u...:)

What I felt ur file will be on the CAP.....

thats it!

hsingh86

Aug 27, 2014
Congrats to all those who got their MR ;D

Below is the PCC Process in India.. got this from expatforum.. this one is particularly for Pune and I guess it would be same for rest of the cities as well..

Flow for PCC process in Pune for Non-Matching Address on Passport:
Flow of Documents is : PSK > Commissioner Office(COP) > Area Police Station(APS) > COP > Regional Passport Office (RPO) > PSK

1. Application to be submitted at PSK. No appointment required. Just register your application online, take a print & walk-in.
Better be at the gate around 8.40AM. No separate line there for PCC or anything. Its chaotic at the entrance as Security guards don't form any line there & everyone wants to rush. However people with Tatkal/PCC/9.15AM appointment are only allowed at the first time. Later people from other appointments are allowed.

PSK Address: Zero One, S.No.79/1,Ghorpadi - Mundhwa Road, Pingle Wasti, Opp. Ganga Orchid,Pune-411036.
Telephone #: 020 2567-9962/5421/5422

Working Days: Monday-Friday 9:15 AM - 4:30 PM <Lunch: 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM>
Token Issuance: 9:15 AM - 4:00 PM

2. After 1-2 weeks visit the COP & contact officer responsible for your relevant zone to check the location of your file.

COP Address: Opposite to Nucleus Mall, Nr. Sadhu Vaswani Chowk and Nr. Pune Railway Station.
Open upto 6 PM. Closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday.
No telephones for PCC Desk. So no calling option available.

Enter via main gate next to Church. Do bag scanning & register entry. Go straight, then left towards the Axis Bank ATM. Take a right & enter the building. There on the left side there is a section for Foreigner Registration & Verification. Inside at the extreme end on the right side 5 counters for PCC Verification. These officers work in shifts. Better to visit around 1pm as 1st shift ends at 2pm (7am to 2pm). So if your officer hasn't arrived for his/her shift, you can wait & meet around 2-3pm.

For Chatturshrungi area: Mr. Gore

If file dispatched to police station go to step 3, else keep following up every 2-3 days with the officer to check the most probable date on which it will be done.

3. If files dispatched as per officer above, visit your Area Police Station for PCC. Normally it takes 3-5 weeks from your PCC application date for the files to reach area police station.

If not arrived, keep checking with the officer there on phone or personally visit to enquire about the dates upto which the files have been received.

For Chatturshrungi PS: Mr. Avhad
Timings: 10am-12noon & 5.30pm to 7pm

You may get an SMS or call from the police station once your files have been received & you are lined up for verification. Once docs have arrived you need to show up within 3-4days, else they would send the files back to Commissioner office & the process starts again from Step2.

As soon as you meet them showing your PSK receipt, they will give you a form to be filled up. The form requires detailing places you stayed in the last 2-3 years, places of your study & dates of trips to Foreign Countries if any, details of your occupation.
List of Accepted documents. Try to take as many supporting documents as possible.
1. Passport
2. Two (2) hand written reference letters from your neighbors are required stating that they know you.
3. Light Bill (One year old & New)
4. Tax Receipt
5. Bank Passbook or Bank Statement for an year
6. Index-II
7. Rent Agreement
8. Education Certificates from Date. Include your SSC certificate/marksheet as it contains your DoB
9. Birth Certificate if available
10. Photo-ID: Election Card/PAN Card
11. Marriage Certificate
12. For Minor: Father & Mother ID card
13. 1 set of Xerox copy.
14. A bonafide letter from your employer stating your present address would also help. Better if stamped or on Official Letter Head.

Once your name is called for, the officer will start the verification. Takes between 30-60mins on person to person basis.
After this a final verification by the Senior Officer takes place around 8PM. Not sure if this happens in morning also. Takes ~2-4mins.
Post this within 1-2 weeks your file will be sent back to COP.

4. After 1-2 weeks of clearance by APS visit Pune City COP & verify with the officer if he's received your verification report from PS. Once done, personally visit officer & persuade/small talk them to process your case & give Outward number and date. They won't give you very easily. So, be prepared. Speaking in Marathi might help.

5. Visit RPO with this Outward Number on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 10:00 to 12:30.So, be there in the morning by 9:15 AM. Stand in the queue for enquiry counter to get token. Persuade Enquiry counter officer to allow you visit the Passport Officer and show your outward number. Only once the counter officer is convinced or your outward date was 1-2weeks back, he'll allot you token mentioning it on your application form. Once inside you need to meet the Passport Officer. Using that they will scan/link/download/upload your documents and something like fax your report to PSK. Once they are done, you will receive the SMS/Email for issuance from PCC. In case they refuse then you need to argue/plead strongly to get your PCC. A letter stating some urgency for the PCC to be cleared soon would help. Not sure if a duplicate PCC is issued by RPO any further.

RPO: Msfc Building, Opposite Symbiosys College, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411004
+(91)-(20)-2567-9962/63/64 | 5421/22

The step 5 is a rough understanding & might not hold true till some fellow member verifies it by visiting themselves.

6. Visit PSK. The granting officer will stamp your passport and will hand you over 2 copies PCC (dated and stamped).

Hope this helps :D

vijaykumar13

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/05/2014
AOR Received.
PER 29/08/2014
IELTS Request
22 Points
Med's Request
30/10/2014
intensecool said:
I am in New Delhi, India same my visa office, can someone tell me how to get PCC in this place (Dilli)
Here you go...

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

Good Luck

Gsw

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 01-10-2014
File Transfer...
2nd line on 13th April, 2015
Med's Request
18th April, 2015
Med's Done....
Medical received 14th July , 2015
Passport Req..
12th August, 2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 11th January, 2016. Vancouver
dmitrych said:
Got a medical request today from my visa office (Kyiv), along with a request for an up-to-date reference letter from my current employer. No other documents have been requested.
It's totally out of the blue, I didn't expect Kyiv office to be so quick! :)
Will have my medical exam tomorrow.
Congrats dear

livingincanada

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

Choice is urs!

i cant abandon u...:)

What I felt ur file will be on the CAP.....

thats it!

Thanks dear brother. Appreciate your response

Status
Not open for further replies.