+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha123

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2014
Med's Request
24-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
24-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
gs123 said:

I landed today at Vancouver airport.

Hi guys,

My 3 hours flight from Los Angeles arrived at Vancouver airport at 1:00pm. Customs form was provided to passanger in the flight which I filled in before reaching the Visitors verification window. It was not a long queue so I reached the window after a short wait in the queue.
Officer at the window asked me for Passport and customs form. He saw my immigration visa and directed me to go to the new immigrats/students section. This was a 2-3 minutes process.

I was the only one there for new immigrant formalities. The officer at the counter greeted me and asked for my passport and COPR. He then looked for me record on his computer and gave me welcome kit and then directed me to go to another window where there were already around 25-30 students from China waiting for them to be called for verification. This took 10 minutes.

For verification window, it took me 15-20 minutes for my turn. Officer asked me for my passport and COPR. He then started looking at my immigration file on his computer which he said was very large. He also mentioned about some extra documentation for my medicals in his system because of my invalid IME and also about my POF transactions clarifications which was there on the file. He asked me my address in Canada and if this is my short trip to which I said yes. I gave my friend,s address to which he said that my PR card will be sent to the same address within 6 weeks and told me to visit Service Canada to apply for SIN (SIN is not done at the airport). After going through my file, he stamped the COPR and said all is done and I should proceed to Cashier counter because I had over 10,000 dollars which I had already mentioned on my customs form.

Then, I told him (I proactively asked this; Thanks to the info shared by Qorax on 2013 forum) I have Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow forms which I want him to stamp at which he saw the papers and said he will be able to take care of this. I had also mentioned my car which I wanted to move from USA. He was not sure if car can be mentioned on this (B4) form so he checked with other official and striked through the car and said that vehicles are taken care at the border. He signed, stamped and mentioned the confirmation number on the form, kept one and gave another copy to me. This took around 20-25 minutes.

After this, I went to the cashier window where I told the person how much amount I was carrying in cash and cashier check(I had a few USD, CAD and bigger amount as cashier check), the currency. I was also asked to show the cashier check. He filled in a form and mentioned the amounts on that and signed my customs form. This took 5 minutes as there was nobody else before me at this window.

I went towards airport exit as a where the customs form was collected before exit so overall a very simple process. I have been to Vancouver earlier as a visitor but this time the sky looked more beautiful, weather more pleasant, air so musical, people more charming, myself more relaxed. I became a Permanent Resident afterall and that too in exactly 4 months. :) ;)

I am going to be in Vancouver for a week during which I will open bank account, apply for SIN and will go back to USA. My current employer may transfer me to Canada or I will search for a new job myself and move here permanently. This time I came only with a carry on bag and will move rest of my stuff later when I come back with a job offer. This is completely legal to come once to complete landing formalities and come back later to settle so have no doubts. Good luck to all. :)

I referred to the following information posted by Qorax and reposted by islandbabe which is very useful pre-landing knowledge:

Congratulations! All the best for your new life! And thank you for sharing such useful information! :)

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
gs123 said:

Hi guys,

My 3 hours flight from Los Angeles arrived at Vancouver airport at 1:00pm. Customs form was provided to passanger in the flight which I filled in before reaching the Visitors verification window. It was not a long queue so I reached the window after a short wait in the queue.
Officer at the window asked me for Passport and customs form. He saw my immigration visa and directed me to go to the new immigrats/students section. This was a 2-3 minutes process.

I was the only one there for new immigrant formalities. The officer at the counter greeted me and asked for my passport and COPR. He then looked for me record on his computer and gave me welcome kit and then directed me to go to another window where there were already around 25-30 students from China waiting for them to be called for verification. This took 10 minutes.

For verification window, it took me 15-20 minutes for my turn. Officer asked me for my passport and COPR. He then started looking at my immigration file on his computer which he said was very large. He also mentioned about some extra documentation for my medicals in his system because of my invalid IME and also about my POF transactions clarifications which was there on the file. He asked me my address in Canada and if this is my short trip to which I said yes. I gave my friend,s address to which he said that my PR card will be sent to the same address within 6 weeks and told me to visit Service Canada to apply for SIN (SIN is not done at the airport). After going through my file, he stamped the COPR and said all is done and I should proceed to Cashier counter because I had over 10,000 dollars which I had already mentioned on my customs form.

Then, I told him (I proactively asked this; Thanks to the info shared by Qorax on 2013 forum) I have Goods Accompanying and Goods to follow forms which I want him to stamp at which he saw the papers and said he will be able to take care of this. I had also mentioned my car which I wanted to move from USA. He was not sure if car can be mentioned on this (B4) form so he checked with other official and striked through the car and said that vehicles are taken care at the border. He signed, stamped and mentioned the confirmation number on the form, kept one and gave another copy to me. This took around 20-25 minutes.

After this, I went to the cashier window where I told the person how much amount I was carrying in cash and cashier check(I had a few USD, CAD and bigger amount as cashier check), the currency. I was also asked to show the cashier check. He filled in a form and mentioned the amounts on that and signed my customs form. This took 5 minutes as there was nobody else before me at this window.

I went towards airport exit as a where the customs form was collected before exit so overall a very simple process. I have been to Vancouver earlier as a visitor but this time the sky looked more beautiful, weather more pleasant, air so musical, people more charming, myself more relaxed. I became a Permanent Resident afterall and that too in exactly 4 months. :) ;)

I am going to be in Vancouver for a week during which I will open bank account, apply for SIN and will go back to USA. My current employer may transfer me to Canada or I will search for a new job myself and move here permanently. This time I came only with a carry on bag and will move rest of my stuff later when I come back with a job offer. This is completely legal to come once to complete landing formalities and come back later to settle so have no doubts. Good luck to all. :)

I referred to the following information posted by Qorax and reposted by islandbabe which is very useful pre-landing knowledge:

CONGRATS ......

NSharawat21

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-May-2014
Doc's Request.
14-May-2014
Nomination.....
27-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
15-Dec-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-March-2015
Great buddy , you have initated the chain reaction and very very best of luck for your future in Canada :) my wishes are with you .

gs123 said:

Hi guys,

cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hi guys,

I want to confirm can i still able to apply in fsw in code 2281.as per cic website till today they have received around 100 applications till today in this category.

Please advise .

Sebrina

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APP
File Transfer...
DONNO
Med's Request
WAITING
LANDED..........
EAGERLY WAITING
Saps said:
Hi Sebrina,

Welcome!..

You can fill your details using the link: FSWP 2014 Entry : http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry
After submitting your entry, click Edit Your Response and save the link for future updates of your application.

Below link can be referred to track forum member updates...
FSWP 2014 Spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet

Thank you so much Saps..
Good Luck!

Red84

Sep 24, 2012
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me applications for which date are getting checked at this time? i mean if i apply now are the applications who applied in august getting their fee's en cashed or still they are checking for may or june applicants? Plz help!

pankaj.kumar

Jun 23, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
09-05-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 15-05-2015 starting processing on 12-05-2015
Med's Request
22-5-2015
Med's Done....
26-5-2015 TLU on 4th JUNE 2015
Interview........
Decision Made on 16 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2015
farhaantariq said:
no need for sorry buddy, here in this forum no question is silly, stupid and useless. we are here to learn and help each other on every aspect we can with regards and respect.

u were visiting some other websites, that's not an issue and problem. the good thing is that now u know and u r clear about in which noc u should apply and proceed.

I wish u goodluck and all the best for future.

sir you have mentioned that you have pre assessed your file...

what is that and how its done ?

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Again posting.....any one from NDVO received medicals ? :'(

Gsw

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 01-10-2014
File Transfer...
2nd line on 13th April, 2015
Med's Request
18th April, 2015
Med's Done....
Medical received 14th July , 2015
Passport Req..
12th August, 2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 11th January, 2016. Vancouver
farhaantariq said:
no question is silly stupid and useless. people who have concerned with pointing out fingers on other's questions should get mental treatment and stop acting like childs, we are here to learn and share experiences and help. those who think this is spoon feeding, please don't use this forum and try wasting ur efforts else where and stop making fun of others.
Ya I guess I need medical treatment but u need plastic surgery

Pls carry on ur preaching classes .. Quack quack quack (henceforth ignored ) RIP

cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hi guys,

I want to confirm can i still able to apply in fsw in code 2281.as per cic website till today they have received around 100 applications till today in this category.

Please advise .

IRana

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
Guys

Quick question, after PER is received how does one know if the "File is Transferred to LOCAL VO" or "Processing has Begun"? Online status or email or something else? I got PER on August 7th and just wondering (Visa office = London, NOC = 1112)

Thanks

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
cherrydhiman said:
Hi guys,

Please advise .

Yes you can provided you are eligible.

Go through the guide on the CIC website thoroughly.

All the best.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Red84 said:
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me applications for which date are getting checked at this time? i mean if i apply now are the applications who applied in august getting their fee's en cashed or still they are checking for may or june applicants? Plz help!
Check the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?sle=true#

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
IRana said:
Guys

Quick question, after PER is received how does one know if the "File is Transferred to LOCAL VO" or "Processing has Begun"? Online status or email or something else? I got PER on August 7th and just wondering (Visa office = London, NOC = 1112)

Thanks
Check this

http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/faqs/

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ggulati,

Personal loan - is 'Unsecured' loan which is not backed by any Assets- as per my understanding.

It may not sound soothing to you but how you're paying / plan to pay your outstanding Personal loan is "out-of-scope" for Assessing Officer and s/he might just rubbish it. The fact is that every Application is assessed for PER based on the merits as of "Received date". Leave apart how you fill the equation in the Form 3.. the clear picture is that your 'Actual/ Net' Settlement Funds is just 1/3 rd (12k- 8k= 4k of 12k) of the required amount as of date.

Those swimming naked might be caught later-on in the process and here you're disclosing upfront that you're naked indeed. But it doesn't change your situation.. b'coz swimming naked is Not acceptable. 8)

The only option I would suggest for you is to pay off your Personal Loan and clear the Liability (Nil) ..
such that, A= 12k, L=Nil, SF= 12k

OR

raise your liquid Assets to (12k+8k= 20k)..
such that, A= 20k, L=8k, SF= 20k
(this option is same as above b'coz if you have 8k extra in liquid Assets you would have paid the Personal loan)

i know its easier said than done.. but that is a solution to your concern IMO.

Good luck !!

ggulati said:
Thanks Century . The loan has been used for house maintenance/personal expenses and buying some electronic items . I have been paying the loan with my salary every month ,I did not borrow any money for settlement funds.

1. How can I put these things/demonstrate with the application form that I am paying loan?

2. Can I consider the value of electrical/electronic items in the asset section?

It's been the only concern before I send my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.