+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Oscar7 said:
[size=9pt] What are some of the main reasons for people to move from UK to elsewhere? I understand different people would have different reasons so what are yours for example - just some important ones.

On thing I felt was that cost of living is high in the greater London area.

I'm in Vancouver and moved from Manchester and actually the cost of living is higher in Vancouver compared to Manchester. The reason for our move to Canada was I felt I could progress my career better here, more access to nature and out door activity. We felt we would have a better life here as the UK is crowded, the politics in the UK I don't agree with, the benefits system, I have a whole list but the forum doesn't have enough space for the list lol

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Chirasha said:
Toronto, now I can't wait you have whet my appetite. Its my hope and prayer that London VO process my application quickly.
Well I'm in Vancouver so you will have to come see me to get those beers lol

Chirasha

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-14
Med's Request
21-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
29 May 2015
It won't have any effect on your FSW application. However it might affect your current job. The employer might not like it that you want to leave. My suggestion is be nice and try to explain to them your situation. Its not that you don't like the company but you just want to go to Canada for other reasons best known to you. However don't expect to be promoted after :D.

siryasir said:
I am working for a Canadian employer and getting reference letter from them for a current job would have any negative or positive effect on the FSW application?

PS: I am based in India.

kinar_17

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Is it required to give police clearance certificate for your spouse even if he is not accoummpying

Chirasha

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-14
Med's Request
21-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
29 May 2015
Thats not a problem. We look for you.

mikeypm said:
Well I'm in Vancouver so you will have to come see me to get those beers lol

siryasir

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
ITA under EE, not yet!
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
InshAllah soon
Med's Request
InshAllah soon
Med's Done....
InshAllah soon
Interview........
InshAllah waived
Passport Req..
InshAllah soon
VISA ISSUED...
InshAllah soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Chirasha said:
It depends on how you request the reference letter. My suggestion is be nice and try to explain to them your situation. Its not that you don't like the company but you just want to go to Canada for other reasons best known to you. However don't expect to be promoted after :D.
Dear, My employer has no issue in that. In fact they have been helpful so far. My concern is related to CIC and VO, would they take my application positively or Negatively OR it doesnt matter to them?

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Chirasha said:
Thats not a problem. We look for you.
Cool I will line up the Granville Island Honey Ale's :)

dream16

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2171, 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
29-09-2014
Med's Request
11-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
July 2015 (became PR)
CheeryRuhela said:
As per email, they received the payment on 18th August.
Oh wow, so you received PER email within 4 days of your DD encashment..thats good to know, i hope my consultant gets the same

aish19

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
Med's Request
24-01-15
Med's Done....
5-2-15
Interview........
19-01-15
Passport Req..
28/2/15
Chirasha said:
Centralized-Intake-Office <Centralized-Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca>
thank you

Chirasha

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-14
Med's Request
21-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
29 May 2015
Sorry misread your question. I think it won't affect your application at all.

siryasir said:
Dear, My employer has no issue in that. In fact they have been helpful so far. My concern is related to CIC and VO, would they take my application positively or Negatively OR it doesnt matter to them?

vaid911

Mar 18, 2012
darshmodi said:
Hello Friends

Can someone tell me that till now how much applications has been reached approximately ??

Regards
You can view them on this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Oscar7 said:
[size=9pt] Well you moved from an area of relatively less cost of living in UK to an area that has the highest cost of living in Canada, so I agree with your assessment on that one. Plus it is among the most beautiful part of Canada, as I hear.

I have heard a LOT of complain about the benefit system in UK, from my Indian friends who were with me in the US, but later moved to UK. Initially they hated it in London having moved from Stamford, CT, USA. Not sure how they feel now, considering they might be on the list for PR or something like that from UK.

Too crowded and declining quality / standards of living is again not something I haven't heard people complain about vis-à-vis the costs. Lack of career progression and less savings is probably also something I have heard. Interesting...your reasons sound similar to ones I knew!!! I just don't like UK, but maybe I am unfair in that regard. Haven't really lived there (besides the occasional trips) to form an opinion.

Having grown up in the UK I feel it's unrecognisable to the place I grew up with, I have travelled extensively though and experienced different cultures which may have affected my perspective. Also the fact I have travelled made it an easier choice for me to just leave and start somewhere else fesh again :)

Gensch

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeypm said:
I'm in Vancouver and moved from Manchester and actually the cost of living is higher in Vancouver compared to Manchester. The reason for our move to Canada was I felt I could progress my career better here, more access to nature and out door activity. We felt we would have a better life here as the UK is crowded, the politics in the UK I don't agree with, the benefits system, I have a whole list but the forum doesn't have enough space for the list lol
Just noticed you're applying under NOC1312 Insurance adjusters and claims examiners which is not one of the 50 'eligible NOCs.' Since you have an 'offer of arranged employment', you can apply under FSW2?....Thought one had to apply under one of the 50 NOCs...Sounds like a pretty flexible programme - this FSWP! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.