+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loolaz

Jun 19, 2014
Hi, brother,

My question is about WES Credential Assessment.. I have special case..

I graduated from dual(not joint) degree program of AAA university and BBB university, so this program gives two official master degree to attendees: AAA's master degree and BBB's master degree. (each degree is a totally separate degree.)
But, in the transcript of AAA, there is some notes: some course credits are transferred from BBB university. If you want to see the actual grade of transferred credit from BBB, you should check BBB's transcript.

By the way, both two degrees are the literally same.(same courseworks and same major)
In transcript and graduation certificate, it also describes AAA university grant a master degree to me.
So, from my commonsense, I thought that there is no problem of requesting Credential Assessment of AAA degree only.

But today, suddenly some thought cross my mind that if WES reads 'transferred credit from BBB university' in the transcript, they may request me to send BBB's transcript to review transferred credit from BBB.

So, my question is.. during Credential Assessment, do you think WES really traces every transferred credits of exchange student or dual degree program?

Reactions: Jaysraj

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
jsb85 said:
Any problem with it?
Problem is it will take at least between 25-60 days(may be more) for the package to reach you through normal mail, where as you can have it delivered within 5 days through International Express.

Decision is yours. Thanks.

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjg1987 said:
Problem is it will take at least between 25-60 days(may be more) for the package to reach you through normal mail, where as you can have it delivered within 5 days through International Express.

Decision is yours. Thanks.
Thanks for your kind reply @cjg1987.

I will now opt for International express courier. ;)

Ammani

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
capr13 said:
Having an old UCI # in the application would that help if i send the only the ECA (original) wih the UCI number and a cover letter.

Any comments?
Dear capr13,

I don't think this will help because every single package you will send will have a separate receive date stamp on it. So when the turn comes for your (incomplete application) to be opened and processed, the officer will not be able to know that you have already sent the missing documents. This would help only if the officer will open your second package before the first one which I doubt will happen. So, I urge you to spare your efforts and send a new application. Sorry dear. This is my humble advice that I would personall follow if I were in your situation.

tamsam21

Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2014
Nomination.....
Oct 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 2014
loolaz said:
Hi, brother,

My question is about WES Credential Assessment.. I have special case..

I graduated from dual(not joint) degree program of AAA university and BBB university, so this program gives two official master degree to attendees: AAA's master degree and BBB's master degree. (each degree is a totally separate degree.)
But, in the transcript of AAA, there is some notes: some course credits are transferred from BBB university. If you want to see the actual grade of transferred credit from BBB, you should check BBB's transcript.

By the way, both two degrees are the literally same.(same courseworks and same major)
In transcript and graduation certificate, it also describes AAA university grant a master degree to me.
So, from my commonsense, I thought that there is no problem of requesting Credential Assessment of AAA degree only.

But today, suddenly some thought cross my mind that if WES reads 'transferred credit from BBB university' in the transcript, they may request me to send BBB's transcript to review transferred credit from BBB.

So, my question is.. during Credential Assessment, do you think WES really traces every transferred credits of exchange student or dual degree program?
WES Evaluation Terms
Credit Recognition and Transfer: The course-by-course analysis represents a breakdown of post-secondary study in terms
of Canadian semester credits and grade equivalents. One Semester credit is equal to one lecture hour each week of the
semester. The number of credits accepted for transfer to a degree program or towards a professional license in Canada may
vary from those listed in this report in accordance with the policies of the receiving educational institution or licensing body.

JazzB

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Ok . .
means he can apply any time in Aug or sept.

One more question:

If he will apply visa in aug & get the same in sept then what would be visa start date ??

If visa will start form sept then in that case Sept to dec (4 months) will be waste as generally study visa is for 2.5 years.

OR Canadian embassy will give visa from December??

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neel-here said:
Hi Kish,

As in every field of work/life people are a victim of bad advise (read as 'Consultants') .. those who are more focused on their topline or 'g'. Here, they're playing at the advantage of the fact the there's a lag of about 8 to 10 weeks in CIC Cap update nos., so they keep pushing Applicants. Nobody can say with 100% surety if Hot NOC's will survive till June/or whatever but still one should do back of the envelope calculation. They risk loosing the Client if they tell you upfront you are Not going to reach within the Cap. Last year FSW 2013 quite a few such Applicants (read as 'bakras' of those Consultants) have send Application till late Aug (this is when CIC updated - Cap reached for Hot NOC's but the actual Received date at CIO for those Applications was 27 May (1112) and around same date (2174).

Moreover, delaying your package from 13th June to 25th June shows high level unprofessional-ism at their end... remember, at CIC "make your every day count !"

(You're yourself a Consultant in your entire career.. how often have you worked 100% in your Client's interest at the cost of your Co. / Employer ?)

Well, you can keep the hope alive (& my wishes for the same) .. you'll get to know their decision by Sep or so. In case you are Unfortunate, then 'Express Entry' will be launched in Jan 2015. You can apply in that and based on your merits.. expect to get a priority consideration in EE program. :)
well I have a different experience and opinion about it, if you are hiring a top notch consultant listed and recognized by cic, then I don't think they would show such lethargic behavior, I hired a consultant, he is charging premium amount but he is so straight forward and blunt in dealing with clients that if he sees any such possibility of getting late or cap getting filled quickly for hot nocs then he simply refuses the client. for noc 2174 I saw myself he refused the cases after 30th may to send just to be conservative!

there are other assholes who claim to be top consultants but do such bad things with people just for sake of money, wasting their precious time and efforts and more on their high hopes and trust. but they are not alone to be blamed, people themselves are jerks! they don't want to do anything, any investigation, any check marks, any counter checks, any measurements, they just wanted to be spoon fed and then there comes these crook consultants who then make these people fool and loot them.

I m paying a hefty amount (because I have and I can) still I did all the research about the consultant b4 hiring him, I even contacted cic about him and asked about his previous dealing and record. when I was satisfied I moved on, but still I keep a check on him, about my case, about updates alteast thrice a week! I have tracked and conversed with couple of his previous clients, now in Canada, to learn more about him.

people don't understand it, u just cant pay heavy amounts and just sit down to hear a NO or rejection after 4 months! whats the gain in that? these people simply deserved to be losers!

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ammani said:
Dear capr13,

I don't think this will help because every single package you will send will have a separate receive date stamp on it. So when the turn comes for your (incomplete application) to be opened and processed, the officer will not be able to know that you have already sent the missing documents. This would help only if the officer will open your second package before the first one which I doubt will happen. So, I urge you to spare your efforts and send a new application. Sorry dear. This is my humble advice that I would personall follow if I were in your situation.
Thanks everybody for their reply on the ECA issue, i would like to send another application but i dont have an original IELTS and also i need to get the original roles and responsibilities letter and bank certificate (POF) etc do you guys think its doable and what abt the issue that would arise by sending two applications?
So arranging all these would take good amount of time and moreover even i manage to send the docs in another 10 days the possibility of getting into the CAP list looks remote to me what you all have to say about this ?

mr_masry

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Please, I only want confirmed 100% answer , this matters alot to me and will decide what I will do right now ..

Again, I want to understand something , if I'm applying to NOC 3215 and have 2 years of work experience in that NOC , but I also have 3 years of work experience in another skill A job not listed on the 50 NOCs of 2014 fsw ... Will this 3 years counts in my years of experience and will i get point for them ? or do they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC I'm applying to only ?? ..

Thank you very much in advance ..

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah2014 said:
@ farhaantariq

May i know, who u hired and how much is he charging. PM me if u don't want to share it on the forum.
its nothing to hide about, I m paying US$2200 as consultant fees which includes everything except visa and landing fees which obviously I have to pay later as needed. I m not paying anything else for posting docs to cio or ces evaluation except for their fees. all documentation, all posting and mailing, everything is included in it. my PCC will be arranged by me but the cost (bribe & other things) will be paid by him. my wife is BD national, so all additional supporting docs are also included in it.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked on IELTS IDP india site and they have mentioned the below

"If a candidate has lost or damaged their TRF, we are unable to provide the candidate with another copy; however we can forward a TRF to an institution/organisation on behalf of the candidate.

We do not submit results to migration agents."

So even if i manage to put everything in place and this time i wont have an IELTS in the package it would render incomplete, one more way is i include a photo copy of IELTS notarized which again would conflict with the document checklist which demands original document.

What should be done and anybody gone through the similar situation ???
Please comment/suggest, thanks in avance

Would there be a chance to consider the situation looking at the package that there all the documents in place and one is a photocopy(ECA) and send across a query to send the document or something like that ?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
mr_masry said:
Please, I only want confirmed 100% answer , this matters alot to me and will decide what I will do right now ..

Again, I want to understand something , if I'm applying to NOC 3215 and have 2 years of work experience in that NOC , but I also have 3 years of work experience in another skill A job not listed on the 50 NOCs of 2014 fsw ... Will this 3 years counts in my years of experience and will i get point for them ? or do they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC I'm applying to only ?? ..

Thank you very much in advance ..
For eligible criteria, you must have continuous one year of experiences in one the 50 eligible NOCs.

For point criteria, you NOC got to be in Skill level O, A, or B category. So you will get points for 5 years.

The 7000 guideline clearly states that:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/eg7toc.asp#results
In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011.

And it says in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011 and DID NOT SAY listed in one or more of the 50 eligible NOCs.

I don't know why still some people is making it controversial again and again in the name of "conservative" and "not so clear".

And even I ask canadavisa.com for their advice and following is their response:

Work Experience – Points Awarded for all “Skilled” Work

One of the biggest points of confusion for people is regarding calculating the amount of points awarded under Work Experience. Some people are under the impression that they can only claim work experience points in the occupation for which they are applying. This is false.

Applicants can claim points for all “skilled” full-time work experience they have accumulated in the past 10 years. “Skilled” is defined by CIC as being classified under NOC Codes 0, A and B. Low-skilled work experience does not count for any points whatsoever.

For example, Mr. Smith’s profile reads as follows:

Civil Engineer – 18 months
Quantity Surveyor – 30 months
Geotechnical Engineer – 8 months
Construction Labourer – 3 years (part-time in university)

In this case, Mr. Smith is applying under this year’s Federal Skilled Worker Program as a Civil Engineer, NOC 2131. To calculate his points:

1. Identify all of the “skilled” work experience
a. Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor, Geotechnical Engineer – qualifies
b. Construction Labourer – does not qualify as it is a low-skilled, NOC D position which was also part-time in nature.
2. Add together the total months of “skilled” experience
a. 18+30+8 = 56 months
3. Convert 56 months to years and round-down
a. 4.66 years = 4 years.
4. Convert 4 years to points
a. “4-5 years” = 13 points

Many people incorrectly assume that an applicant can only claim points for their work experience in the occupation under which they are applying. This is false.

Hades009

Jun 26, 2014
capr13 said:
I checked on IELTS IDP india site and they have mentioned the below

"If a candidate has lost or damaged their TRF, we are unable to provide the candidate with another copy; however we can forward a TRF to an institution/organisation on behalf of the candidate.

We do not submit results to migration agents."

So even if i manage to put everything in place and this time i wont have an IELTS in the package it would render incomplete, one more way is i include a photo copy of IELTS notarized which again would conflict with the document checklist which demands original document.

What should be done and anybody gone through the similar situation ???
Please comment/suggest, thanks in avance

Would there be a chance to consider the situation looking at the package that there all the documents in place and one is a photocopy(ECA) and send across a query to send the document or something like that ?
No you can get a copy in case of Canada immigration. I just got one. Go to the local office and explain that as per CIC rule 2 copies should be provided to candidate. You can also find this information on different IELTS' official websites such as IELTS canada. Google it.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@farhaantariq

WHO is ur consultant?

farhaantariq said:
its nothing to hide about, I m paying US$2200 as consultant fees which includes everything except visa and landing fees which obviously I have to pay later as needed. I m not paying anything else for posting docs to cio or ces evaluation except for their fees. all documentation, all posting and mailing, everything is included in it. my PCC will be arranged by me but the cost (bribe & other things) will be paid by him. my wife is BD national, so all additional supporting docs are also included in it.

A.Husain

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2014
When will CIC move on with applicationssss :-[
This wait till the 16th is terrrrrrrribly longggggggggggggggggggg and wow! we have 4th of July in between! Hmph!

Status
Not open for further replies.