+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
hey can somebody please answer my query on PGDM evaluation, my college is not affiliated to any university nor is it autonomous so who should be attesting my marks sheets. pls confirm

ns123

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
15-11-2014
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Hi ! My Class X certificate includes my full name and my dob. But father's name is only in initials and has surname,e.g. says S. K. Sharma instead of Surinder Kumar Sharma. Will it do ?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
capr13 said:
Little misleading over there on the right side of the document checklist it says Copies unless otherwise stated so i sent the Copy of it and i have the original so whats the work around for this ... any comments?

For other documents in the checklist they have mentioned originals specifically and here they mentioned it as Copies unless otherwise stated so that made me think i need to send copy. Anyway i guess i need to think of a solution to this situation.
I would say it may seem confusing (to some), but honestly there is nothing misleading in what they have written in the checklist.

Copies, unless otherwise stated

You completely overlooked "unless otherwise stated" part! Unless you are submitting Canadian education documents, you have to provide original ECA along with your education documents, that's the "unless otherwise stated" part.

Proof of a completed foreign educational credential AND an original ECA report issued by a designated organization indicating the authenticity and equivalency of your completed foreign educational credential(s) to a completed Canadian educational credential(s).

To receive points for your education, you must provide proof that you have completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program OR submit an original ECA report along with proof of the foreign educational credential(s) for which you are claiming points.

capr13 said:
May be i can send the original with UCI number on it would this work ?
Any suggestions guys??
You can give it a try, but you would be extremely lucky if it works.

Another option would be to send a new (complete) application. Although for that you will have to obtain another copy of IELTS to include in your application package.

If I were you, I would go for both options.

faultyjack99

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd March 2015
jsb85 said:
Hi All,

I want to know, how much time WES takes to send the evaluation report via normal mail?

Thanks
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My test was mailed on the 5th and I got the same on 20th in mumbai, India.

Regards,

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kish,

As in every field of work/life people are a victim of bad advise (read as 'Consultants') .. those who are more focused on their topline or 'g'. Here, they're playing at the advantage of the fact the there's a lag of about 8 to 10 weeks in CIC Cap update nos., so they keep pushing Applicants. Nobody can say with 100% surety if Hot NOC's will survive till June/or whatever but still one should do back of the envelope calculation. They risk loosing the Client if they tell you upfront you are Not going to reach within the Cap. Last year FSW 2013 quite a few such Applicants (read as 'bakras' of those Consultants) have send Application till late Aug (this is when CIC updated - Cap reached for Hot NOC's but the actual Received date at CIO for those Applications was 27 May (1112) and around same date (2174).

Moreover, delaying your package from 13th June to 25th June shows high level unprofessional-ism at their end... remember, at CIC "make your every day count !"

(You're yourself a Consultant in your entire career.. how often have you worked 100% in your Client's interest at the cost of your Co. / Employer ?)

Well, you can keep the hope alive (& my wishes for the same) .. you'll get to know their decision by Sep or so. In case you are Unfortunate, then 'Express Entry' will be launched in Jan 2015. You can apply in that and based on your merits.. expect to get a priority consideration in EE program. :)

kishcanada said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

My application is in transit and stuck at status "Forwarded for delivery ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA" since 2 days and doesn't seem to move. I had my documents ready on 13/June but the immigration consultants in Bangalore delayed sending the application package out till 25th June saying that the docs were under review. Given that my application might reach CIC possibly by mid next week 2/3 June and that I have applied for one of the hottest NOCs 2171, could someone please tell me whether I still stand a chance?

Are candidates selected for PR on first come first served basis or will there be any weight given to number of years of experience, educational qualification, etc? Of total 11 years of work exp, I have worked for 7.8 years in 2171 (SAP consultant/Infor Movex consultant) and have worked in Netherlands, Switzerland and studied my MBA in the UK. Will these help at all?

I know no one has a crystal ball but all I want to know is a possible/likely outcome based on last year stats.
Am now repenting having taken the services of that Visa consultant who consumed most of the time.

Please advice.

Best,
Kish

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
capr13 said:
Little misleading over there on the right side of the document checklist it says Copies unless otherwise stated so i sent the Copy of it and i have the original so whats the work around for this ... any comments?

For other documents in the checklist they have mentioned originals specifically and here they mentioned it as Copies unless otherwise stated so that made me think i need to send copy. Anyway i guess i need to think of a solution to this situation.

May be i can send the original with UCI number on it would this work ?
Any suggestions guys??
You want a full proof solution? Send your application again with all the documents.

You can send in just your ECA with a cover letter but it is not known if CIC will be able to match your original application with ECA. SO the best option is to send in a new application.

ruknab

Aug 15, 2013
ashpillai said:
I know this is a digression but I would like to air my views on the "IIM" issue that arose recently. Why are we surprised that an IIM grad is considering FSW?? and why does it reflect poorly on India??
These arguments imply that it is understandable for non IITs and non IIMs to apply under the FSW program but when an IIM grad applies, it signals an aberration.
There is nothing wrong with India and there is nothing wrong with an IIM or an IIT applying for immigration under the FSW program. The decision is an intensely personal decision and is a multidimensional one. Agreed that job and career is a strong component for many but I am sure all you will agree that there are other equally if not stronger motivations at play.
I know people who have migrated even though they did not have any "usual" or "conventional" reasons to do so. People who were well off, in stable jobs, some in government jobs, couple of them in advanced stages in life.....
Even in my case, I have been asked by many why I would choose to sacrifice a cushy PSU job and uproot my life and voluntarily opt for such uncertainty and potential hardship..... In my case, the answer is that me and my husband love our life, each other and our kids! We want to spend this life not pushing files but on an adventure... one after the other! We want to give a chance to our children to live whatever life they chose for themselves.... We are not looking to immigrate because we could not make it here.... We have made it here and we know we will make it there too.... It is just that this world is so beautiful that the thought that we may die without seeing it together is scary!
I am not an IIM grad but I am sure like me, everyone here has their own unique set of reasons. I would say, FSW is a great equalizer.... A forum of adventurers.... Seekers.... Travellers .... True Romantics!!!

THERE WAS no issue per se....though ur comment is really appreciated

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FutureImmi said:
You want a full proof solution? Send your application again with all the documents.

You can send in just your ECA with a cover letter but it is not known if CIC will be able to match your original application with ECA. SO the best option is to send in a new application.
Having an old UCI # in the application would that help if i send the only the ECA (original) wih the UCI number and a cover letter.

Any comments?

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faultyjack99 said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My test was mailed on the 5th and I got the same on 20th in mumbai, India.

Regards,
Thanks for the reply @faultyjack99

Can you please tell, have you opted for normal mail or international express courier delivery option which cost 96 CAD more to the normal mode??

dhktoon

May 8, 2014
I chose Credit Card of my uncle who is residing in CANADA as fee payment method. But he just lost his credit card. Consequently, he informed his bank and they stopped the card. My apk was received by CIC on 08 May, 2014. Haven't yet received any message. What to do?

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They're stuck with 7th May Apps. Request your uncle to urgently Courier another 'Fee Payment Form' (preferably with a DD.. or new CC details) along with 'Explanation letter'. Mention UCI if you have it else your vital stats.

dhktoon said:
I chose Credit Card of my uncle who is residing in CANADA as fee payment method. But he just lost his credit card. Consequently, he informed his bank and they stopped the card. My apk was received by CIC on 08 May, 2014. Haven't yet received any message. What to do?

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
jsb85 said:
Hi All,

I want to know, how much time WES takes to send the evaluation report via normal mail?

Thanks
Do not go for normal mail, select International express option.

Thanks.

Mushfiq_1987

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30-07-2015 (PF - Agent, Fund & Relative)
Nomination.....
27-10-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
IELTS Request
SLU 26-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
FedEx Timeline

Guys, please have a look at the current status of my file. Will it be delivered on Monday?

27/06/2014 - Friday
08:59 International shipment release - Import MIRABEL, PQ
05:59 In transit MEMPHIS, TN
02:22 Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Re: FedEx Timeline

Mushfiq_1987 said:
Guys, please have a look at the current status of my file. Will it be delivered on Monday?

27/06/2014 - Friday
08:59 International shipment release - Import MIRABEL, PQ
05:59 In transit MEMPHIS, TN
02:22 Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Highly likely it will be delivered on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Because this shipment now instead of heading north straight to Nova Scotia , will take a U-turn to Ontario .

This is normal. And FedEX is in fact the quickest.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.