+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Email addendum to CIC?

I have recently added (basically sent another courier) a one page self declaration explaining to CIC why I was unable to provide reference letter on company letter head (in my original application). My original FSWP 2014 package was received a little over a month ago, and while sending this second courier I have included by UCI number from previous year, date of birth, original application received date at CIO, NOC category number applied to etc. for identification purpose.

Although everywhere on the package I have written clear instructions to add this to my original package I want to be double sure that they don't miss adding this. Basically I want to avoid a situation where this 1 page courier document (sent earlier this week) will lie in one corner of their building. Do you guys suggest I also e-mail them a scan copy of the 1 page document that I have recently sent (apologizing for missing that earlier plus also sharing the courier tracking details) and requesting CIO to add it to my original application? If yes, what ID should I be e-mailing them at?

Thanks for your response! :)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Cardsman said:
Looking at the Spreadsheet it appears that only applicants whose applications were received till 7th of May have had their fees charged thus far??? I am myself a May 7th applicant but as of yesterday my bank confirmed to me that my DD is still outstanding. Getting tensed with each passing day...

Brother,

Just relax...

Its just starting point....Not the ending...

And u are not the alone ...So why worry............ 8) 8)

piku

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
Joy Addya Maa, Joy Tara Maa
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Joy Tara Maa
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I AM GOING TO APPLY WHAT FORMS WE NEED PLEASE HELP. ME, MY SPOUSE MY DAUGHTER , THREE MEMBERS IN MY FAMILY.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
piku said:
I AM GOING TO APPLY WHAT FORMS WE NEED PLEASE HELP. ME, MY SPOUSE MY DAUGHTER , THREE MEMBERS IN MY FAMILY.

Brother,

Below are the required for u...:)

1.Document Checklist

Order of Forms

2.Barcode Page of generic form
3.Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
4. Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669) (Applicant+Spouse)
5.Additional Dependants/Declaration (IM 0008DEP) - No dependants - (required this form if u have more than 5 dependant )
6.Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562)
7.Schedule 3: Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008-Schedule 3) - Only Applicant
8.Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - (Applicant+Spouse)
9.Use of a representative (IMM 5476) - No representative - (Not required this form)

Cardsman

Jun 9, 2013
London, United Kingdom.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014, PER Received: 08-08-2014
Thanks ashif_eee.

Question to 2014 applicants who had their applications returned due to cap in 2013. The UCI written on your form, has anyone of you tried using it to check your application status. I believe we would be assigned the same UCI with this year's applications as well.

sandy27

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
Cardsman said:
Thanks ashif_eee.

Question to 2014 applicants who had their applications returned due to cap in 2013. The UCI written on your form, has anyone of you tried using it to check your application status. I believe we would be assigned the same UCI with this year's applications as well.
yes true. UCI remains same.
i tried to check my app status but didn't find anything because im 12 may applicant. i think it will take another 2 weeks or more to see my updated status.

fswp2014

Jun 13, 2014
Cardsman said:
Thanks ashif_eee.

Unfortunately for me, my passport was renewed and my last name is changed as well. So the old UCI number doesnt show anything :(

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Friend's

I want to make an entry in the tracking sheet, but I am confused with my actual points. I know it is certainly above 67 for me to qualify, but Just don't know the exact number. I want to input exact points in the tracking sheet, so please help me (senior boarders)

1. Education: DO I get 22 or 23 for points here?
WES Education Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years) and one year of graduate study
1. B.Com: Bachelor's degree (four years)
2. M.Com: One year of Graduate study
3. C.A: Bachelor's degree (Three years)

2. Ability in English (IELTS): I am totally confused about how the individual band in each of the four categories would get translated into points. On the CIC website it seems there is a cut over of April 1, 2014 for how the points will be calculated. I took the test for IELTS in May 2013. Can someone please tell me what would be my equivalent points for Ability in English? Here is my score
Listening (7.5), Writing: 7, Reading: 7, Speaking: 7. Overall Band: 7

3. Work Experience: I know my points here. I have 7+ work experience letter in my application. so i think it is 15 points for me here.

4. Age: I don't know whether it would 11 or 12 points for me in this category. The CIC website does not say clearly how the cut off years are to be considered. Is it the running year or the years of complete - that decide, according to CIC, how old are you?
My DOB 16-May-1980. My application was received by CIC on 9th May 2014. On this date I was 34 running . I am now 35 running.

5. Arranged Employement: I have none. So it is 0 score for me in this category.

6. Adaptibility: I know its 5 points for me, for my spouse IELTS score.

Please someone help me with my query for 1, 2 and 4. I will highly appreciate the response.

Wish good luck to all the fellow boarders and hope everyone who is waiting for their CC, PER gets positive news very soon.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
GMS said:
One more story i will share.. not so funny but shows cheap mentality of company management..

I asked our HR dept for the reference letter saying that I need it to do one advance course in procurement.. He agreed to issue the letter and he asked me name of the institute, course, timing etc.. Then i said that i will first apply to 4-5 institute and i am not quite sure about where i will be selected. Then he is said that he will issue NOC which mention that "company does not have any problem if i do some correspondence course in procurement function.."
Then i said that i need reference letter with an endorsement from company that my behavior is good and i am competent etc.. NOC does not endorse all these things.. he said that he does not have any such format.. then i gave him the draft letter and he is now brooding over it for last one week.. He may still write that this letter is issued for further study..

I am not sure whether CIC will accept such sentence or not.. Pls give suggestions if you have any..

Special request to HR guys of our forum... Pls you guys dont behave with your employees like this where ever you work..
What about your direct supervisor? He can also issue it.

If you want to send it, add a cover letter telling that your HR declined to give reference letter for immigration purpose; so you are giving the reference letter which is issued for the purpose of pursuing training course in procurement.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
I talked to my supervisor that i am applying for canada immigration and need such letter. But he can not give me any letter on company letter head as HR dept may create problem in case of disclosure.. Still, in the worst case, he will give me the required letter on plain paper..

Its really pathetic that to get such genuine things, we have to lie..

Same thing is going on with my past employer L&T.. They are also giving me various reasons for not issuing the letter.. Policy paralysis..

Century said:
What about your direct supervisor? He can also issue it.

If you want to send it, add a cover letter telling that your HR declined to give reference letter for immigration purpose; so you are giving the reference letter which is issued for the purpose of pursuing training course in procurement.

Carpediem

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 15th Jan 2015, PER: 12th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 1st Aug 2015
Med's Request
30th Jul 2015
Med's Done....
19th Aug 2015: Medicals Received in Ecas 17th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
1st Dec 2015 Decision Made: 3rd Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1st Dec 2015 Passport Received: 22nd Dec 2015
LANDED..........
25th July 2016
Hey guys, Have been a silent spectator of this forum till now. Now that I have something to report, i'm posting here. I sent my application NOC 0013 on Saturday, 14th June, through Fedex, expected arrival date is Saturday, 23rd June. Have applied through a consultant. Am a second time applicant, applied first in 2010, application was returned stating the reason "job duties mismatch'. However, later found out that in 2010 officially CIC wasn't allowed to declare 'Cap filled' so most of the applicants whose applications were returned got the reason as 'JD mismatch. Don't know how true or otherwise that is. However, i received the application packet back after 2 years!!! in 2012, and teh sealed documents were still sealed, meaning they had not even opened it, so there was no UCI generated.

Anyhow, luckily was among the early birds this year who got their WES and IELTS done in May, however, the current job (under which NOC is applicable) completed one year on 13th June. Thus waited till 13th June to fulfill that requirement and sent on the 14th. PCC, birth certificates, letters on company letterhead, wife's IELTS included, points for relative (sibling) etc. Tried to get all the requirements. Self calculated points = 73. Rest is obviously in God's hands.

Your forum has made me keep a close eye on my consultants progress :) So thank you for that.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Welcome dear.. and thanx for sharing the info..

Carpediem said:
Hey guys, Have been a silent spectator of this forum till now. Now that I have something to report, i'm posting here. I sent my application NOC 0013 on Saturday, 14th June, through Fedex, expected arrival date is Saturday, 23rd June. Have applied through a consultant. Am a second time applicant, applied first in 2010, application was returned stating the reason "job duties mismatch'. However, later found out that in 2010 officially CIC wasn't allowed to declare 'Cap filled' so most of the applicants whose applications were returned got the reason as 'JD mismatch. Don't know how true or otherwise that is. However, i received the application packet back after 2 years!!! in 2012, and teh sealed documents were still sealed, meaning they had not even opened it, so there was no UCI generated.

Anyhow, luckily was among the early birds this year who got their WES and IELTS done in May, however, the current job (under which NOC is applicable) completed one year on 13th June. Thus waited till 13th June to fulfill that requirement and sent on the 14th. PCC, birth certificates, letters on company letterhead, wife's IELTS included, points for relative (sibling) etc. Tried to get all the requirements. Self calculated points = 73. Rest is obviously in God's hands.

Your forum has made me keep a close eye on my consultants progress :) So thank you for that.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
aav said:
Friend's

I want to make an entry in the tracking sheet, but I am confused with my actual points. I know it is certainly above 67 for me to qualify, but Just don't know the exact number. I want to input exact points in the tracking sheet, so please help me (senior boarders)

1. Education: DO I get 22 or 23 for points here?
WES Education Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years) and one year of graduate study
1. B.Com: Bachelor's degree (four years)
2. M.Com: One year of Graduate study
3. C.A: Bachelor's degree (Three years)

2. Ability in English (IELTS): I am totally confused about how the individual band in each of the four categories would get translated into points. On the CIC website it seems there is a cut over of April 1, 2014 for how the points will be calculated. I took the test for IELTS in May 2013. Can someone please tell me what would be my equivalent points for Ability in English? Here is my score
Listening (7.5), Writing: 7, Reading: 7, Speaking: 7. Overall Band: 7

3. Work Experience: I know my points here. I have 7+ work experience letter in my application. so i think it is 15 points for me here.

4. Age: I don't know whether it would 11 or 12 points for me in this category. The CIC website does not say clearly how the cut off years are to be considered. Is it the running year or the years of complete - that decide, according to CIC, how old are you?
My DOB 16-May-1980. My application was received by CIC on 9th May 2014. On this date I was 34 running . I am now 35 running.

5. Arranged Employement: I have none. So it is 0 score for me in this category.

6. Adaptibility: I know its 5 points for me, for my spouse IELTS score.

Please someone help me with my query for 1, 2 and 4. I will highly appreciate the response.

Wish good luck to all the fellow boarders and hope everyone who is waiting for their CC, PER gets positive news very soon.
1. Not 100% sure, but 22.

2. 23 (5+6+6+6) Check conversion table here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

3. Right

4. Of course completed years. So, 12

5. Right

6. Only if her score is not too bad. Minimum CLB 4 needed.

Regards

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Carpediem said:
Hey guys, Have been a silent spectator of this forum till now. .. Your forum has made me keep a close eye on my consultants progress :) So thank you for that.
Welcome to this great platform. Hope you get PR this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.