+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canada89

Apr 27, 2014
In the checklist its mentioned to include 2 self-addressed mailing labels
• one in English or French and
• one in the official language of your country of residence

The official language label should be in Hindi or English for Indian applicants?

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erin22 said:
Hi.. I am just wondering, what are my chances of being successful.. I am really worried because a lot of people said that if you are SINGLE,, the chance is very low.

I am 25 years old, Single. Good financial background. Registered Nurse in the Philippines.
No job offer.
IELTS score is above average
Registered Nurse in the Philippines
Documents are complete
Application received on June 2, 2014.
Dear Erin,

I have seen one of my single female colleague get her Canadian PR in the recent past. Theoretically, one's status whether single or married should not matter and is not a basis for bias. The process in place is to obtain 67 points by means of various listed parameters, like language proficiency, age, work experience to name a few. Having said that, in real life who knows what bias any particular staff may hold against any candidate. This is somewhat controversial. Let's take a completely different example. I know for sure that whether one gets a US visa or not (sorry side tracking a bit here) depends very much on the will and mercy of the visa officer on the counter. Sometimes merely because he/ she 'feels' the candidate might not be a good fit he/ she rejects the candidate even for a tourist or education visa to US. So do we know the Canadian PR visa process is completely fair? I don't think we have that answer. Even if societies don't promote prejudice, some individuals can practice prejudice, can't they? But it would be sheer bad luck if your application does not get processed just because of being single (if other parameters are met). Is the Canadian visa process completely transparent and open to auditing by the candidate, should he/ she suspect something fishy? The answer is 'no'. I too have a feeling that there may be a bias based on whether one is single or married, but that's my hunch. Let's wait and see if your application goes through, and in due time we will know the answer. :) Plus, there are other single candidates as well so let's see how it goes for them too. Does that sound fair? We anyway can't influence the process and make them remove the bias, if it exists. Thank you!

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
Hi All ,

I know this might bug you .. But I am new to this forum .
I have sent my application for NOC 2173 and i have made an entry in the Spreadsheet .
Can someone please tell me that is there a way to track your application when it reaches CIC office ...
I guess there's not and we just have to wait :)

Chemical3881

Dec 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-30-2014
Nomination.....
09-19-2014
IELTS Request
Along with Application!
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-20-2014; 3rd Line Update 12-17-2014
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
March 5th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully!
LANDED..........
God knows!
My WES report rates my Masters degree as Canadian Equivalent Masters Degree, but has incorrectly wrote my program length as 1 year instead of correct 2 years.

However, graduation date is correct.

Will there be any problem at CIC?

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
erin22 said:
Hi.. I am just wondering, what are my chances of being successful.. I am really worried because a lot of people said that if you are SINGLE,, the chance is very low.

I am 25 years old, Single. Good financial background. Registered Nurse in the Philippines.
No job offer.
IELTS score is above average
Registered Nurse in the Philippines
Documents are complete
Application received on June 2, 2014.
Been single or married doesn't enhance your positivity in FSW....its your eligibility.
The only advantage a married applicant has over single applicant is just that his or her spouse may be able to donate some IELTS points incase his points are not enough.....apart from that,nothing special about married applicants.
Most married applicants does not need their spouse to donate IELTS points to them.
For me,I applied as a married applicant but my spouse did not donate IELTS points for me because my self calculated point was 68 points already!......if i had gotten 65points,then my spouse would have assisted me to move higher.
You are good provided your self calculated points is 67 and above and you are eligible.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ind_2173 said:
Thanks Goku and Kollins,

I was told in this forum that not adding my name in native language is a serious mistake. I had also posted about sending the additional documents but did not get any reply.
My thinking was if I send the additional documents before they open my 9th May app I would be doing no harm to myself. But now I see another line of reasoning from Century.

Since nobody knows exactly what is the process I guess I will have to wait with fingers crossed
Whichever way...you will be fine.
Cheers!

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Re: Photocopy of Passport

rudbee said:
If I'm not wrong, we need to give photocopy of those pages of passport which contain following information;

1. Passport number
2. date of issue & expiry
3. photo, name, date & place of birth
4. any amendment pages

Well I noticed somebody talking about giving also photocopy of the pages that contain VISA and Seal.

Can somebody suggest which one is preferable?
If cic would want visa pages they would have specified. It makes no sense to semd all visa pages. Its not difficult for visa officer to know what places u travelled. U have filled the form separately for that.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ukhan018 said:
I have a higher degree, Chartered Accountancy. Wes has equated it to 3 years bachelors. I didnt mention the two years bachelors for wes evaluation because it would have been a lot of trouble getting thr documents to be sent to wes. (Wes has tough requirements for pakistanis)
Plus, i did the bachelors privately while i was studying for CA. so there would be no time gap even if i dont mention it. Just want to confirm one thing, if i mention it in the forms but its not mentioned in wes report (only the higher qualification i.e. CA is) will itt be a problem?
You will be fine with your WES assessment.
Just list out all your educational schools as asked.
Cheers.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
I am married but without any child. I am not filling up following forms..
a. Statuary Declaration of Common Law Union
b. Declaration of Non- Accompanying Parent / Guardian for minor immigrating to canada
c. Additional Dependent / Declaration form

Can somebody reconfirm if this is OK or not..?

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Century said:
Hi ind_2173:

Actually there is no published guidelines about what to do when someone deviate from the instructions; in that case, we have no alternative but to find from other experiences who make similer sort of mistake.

I read somewhere in the FSW2013 forum that if someone submit missing document/s, his/her received date shifted to new date of receiving missing document, if CIC accepts it at all. Unfortuantely I could not locate the post :-[ .
First or second date of receipt....the main thing is for the application package to be successful.
Cheers.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Query regarding Additional Family Information form..

I included names of my parents and brother in the form..

Should i mention name of sister in-law (Brother's wife) in Section-C..?

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hi seniors

I am seeking assistance from experienced seniors. Thank you for your time in advance.

On the columns of the main duties (of the Schedule 3 Form, Q.12b), we have only wrote " please refer to the attachment" by meaning of looking for the reference letters(experience letters) we attached instead. Would It be alright?

Or you would recommend to send a replacement? (for example, filling some duties, and write refer to the attachment for full details)
Our parcel reached at the CIC office on the 21st of May. It's gonna take a while before it's being processed.

Would it be wise to send a replacement at this time? or you think we could get away with it since the work experience letters are attached?

Thank u

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
sss1 said:
My docs were received at WES on 23rd May. But they have marked my marksheets status as "not acceptable-Rsubmit documents as specified for your country" - for unknown reasons. My university has handled lots of WES applications successfully before and they claim that they have followed due process. Have thrice sent mails to WES to specify the exact issue but they keep on responding with generic mails that resubmite your marksheets as per country's specification. Their phone number is also waiting for hours at a stretch. My NOC is also a hot one so seems WES won't let me in at all.

The only possible reason I can think of is that my Univ may not have included the academic records form which they claim they haven't for any of the hundreds of applications handled by them previously which went through with WES without problem. If only WES could specify the issue because reapplying could end up with the same issue.

Has anyone faced the same issue because of the absence of academic records form?
Called them yesterday 9 AM Toronto time. They mentioned that my appln has been put on hold because package was received in Open condition. This is not possible as the package was properly sealed and stamped by my univ and the delivery courier guys confirmed that it was delivered in proper condition. In fact they mentioned that they notify the status to the sender especially if any courier is delivered as open. Also anything opened by customs usually has a customs tape on it, which of course was not the case since it was delivered in open condition.

I found that another user on this forum was also given the same reply for his appln being put on hold and he too is deeply frustrated.

Clealry, the mismanagement at WES is hell bent on spoiling the chances of some applicants and they seem least bothered killing hopes of people like us who were planning to apply in a high demand occupation.

mada1985

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Jeddah
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
23-3-2015
Just inserted my data into the spreadsheet :)
Tinyurl is blocked in Saudi Arabia

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
yogi44 said:
WES EVALUATION
My WES evaluation has been completed as i have checked this in my account on WES website. Will the WES send two copies of the evaluation report or i have to order a duplicate report. If yes, then would i be charged for the duplicate report or would it be free of cost ?
WES will send two copies to you.
if by chance you need duplicate report,its not free as you will be charged for it and the shipment.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.