+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
[size=10pt]ERROR WHEN OPENING ANY FORM[/size]

This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document

I was filling the forms and suddenly started getting above error. Now, I am unable to edit any of the form in PDF. I am using latest Adobe Reader 11 version.

I checked on Google but couldn't any reliable solution.

Can some please help.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
rorita13 said:
Hi
I just received my IELTS results but not sure how to calcualte:
L 9
R 8.5
W 6
S 8
22 Points

And my husband
L 5.5
R 5
W 5.5
S 6.5
not sure

How many points do we get?
Here is link in-case if you want to count it yourself.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Thanks for replies
R

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
atharabbas said:

This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document

I was filling the forms and suddenly started getting above error. Now, I am unable to edit any of the form in PDF. I am using latest Adobe Reader 11 version.

Can some please help.
Download it again and try filling out again.

lut4rahman

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atharabbas said:

Can some please help.
try on a different computer or reinstall your windows

vicked

May 24, 2014
future_canadian said:
I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible. As long as you are legitimately employed by the company it doesn't matter if it is a family business. As long as you have the minimum of one year of full time continuous work experience in an eligible NOC and meet the other requirements you should be fine.

The only thing I wonder is, because you are part owner and a director of the business, whether this would be considered self-employment. Self-employed people are eligible but there are some slightly different requirements for the employer reference letters, such as getting letters from clients rather than the business itself. Are you employed by the company and receiving a defined periodic salary for your employment? If so I think it's reasonable to say you are not self-employed. If your income is only due to profit-sharing or dividends declared by management that you are due by virtue of being a shareholder, you may be self-employed even if your dad is the big boss. I am not an expert on this point and hopefully others who have some experience with this can jump in to give an opinion.
Thanks for trying to answer my query. Actually I don't get a fixed salary as such every month but I do take regular transfers from my company as a part of compensation. The amount varies but there is always a minimum amount that get transferred. Also, if I were to get a reference letter from a client then what kind of content should it have? As they are dealing with my company and not an individual every time, they can give reference letter for my company mentioning my name in it but not a reference letter dedicated entirely to my role in the company.

Guys please help me out as I don't know where else to go to get my questions answered.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rorita

you get 6+6+4+6= 22 points good score :)

For your hubby.. you'll get 5 points for Adaptability...considering yourself as PA. (He cant be PA as he's not achieved min 6 in most areas)

rorita13 said:
Hi
I just received my IELTS results but not sure how to calcualte:
L 9
R 8.5
W 6
S 8

And my husband
L 5.5
R 5
W 5.5
S 6.5

How many points do we get?

Thanks for replies
R

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait, wait, wait.... patience is the key for CIC ! :)

too early to jump to any conclusion.. there can be a couple of days aage- peechu in processing Appln/ cc charges

APSK said:
2May, 2173 Applicant..No update on CC encashed.. waiting keenly..fingers crossed..since 5/5 CCs are getting encashed now, dont know what to expect now.. either its game over or its a very very very painful wait...!!

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Thnk Goku ,im principal applicant ,my husband is claimining points for adaptability

I dont think he needs 6 as minimum,right?

bonesaw

May 2, 2014
atharabbas said:

Can some please help.
Always happened to me. Only way I found to be able to edit it was using Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Reader, but its not free. You should fill it all again, I suppose... its free after all but annoying.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
rorita13 said:
Thnk Goku ,im principal applicant ,my husband is claimining points for adaptability

No if you are PA. As far as I know he doesn't have to give IELTS unless you want some extra points.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just posted you reply.. see above

you're right - you'll get 5 points for Adaptability.. as he's got the min. 5

rorita13 said:

awilner

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 11-09-2014
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
rorita13 said:

You are correct, and as neel-here already said, and Goku mentioned, if you send his IELTS results along with the application, you can get an extra 5 points in Factor 6 - Adaptability.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mogas said:
Any one like me ... who forgot to include self addressed envelopes?
Fortunately self-addressed envelopes are not necessary, so you didn't actually forget them! ;)

Just mailing labels are necessary. And it's not a big deal if you forgot them.

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Goku said:
No if you are PA. As far as I know he doesn't have to give IELTS unless you want some extra points.
Yes this is what we are doing, get extra points

Status
Not open for further replies.