+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
mia88 said:
Hi!
Im applying under NOC 4011 (University Professors and Lecturers).
Can anyone tell me what do they mean by this education requirement for this category?
"A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers."

I have done MPhil Economics and I am teaching Maths in a University.
Am I eligible to apply?Im not teaching Economics but Maths, but I have done maths courses in my bachelors and masters programme too.

Also my title for the 1st year was Teaching Associate and then i got the title of Teaching Fellow. As a teaching assisstant too i was giving lectures to the bachelors students! Its just my university policy to have atleast 1 year experience in teaching to get the title of Teaching Fellow.

Since this occupation is up for immigration for the 1st time, i guess people will be confused as to what is required n what fits 100% into this category.

Can some1 please help me with this? about my eligibility?
Please ignore the Employment requirements. For assessing your experiences, Employment requirements will not be considered.

If your job duties cover 70%-80% of the duties listed in NOC 4011, you are eligible to apply.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JZPASSI said:
Guys u all are champ here ,

I have asked and searched many times..But getting confused every time

I have family of 3. Almost need 18k CAD for application .

1. Have almost 15K in Bank but has got EMI for my home going monthly (800k CAD ) 40000 INR
2. My house price is almost 90K (CAD) but has loan of 80k(CAD)
3. I have PF of 6K (CAD)

Conclusion is So overall I have money to show as settelment funds without showing my home as asset but if they will ask statement, it will show EMI. Hence they can consider it as liability. My Question is whether i should show property or leave it ..As they need only bank certificate not statement but risk is what if they ask in future.

n if I show property as asset my funds will be more ..Will it strengthen the appl/
You need to make two different statements of your assets and liabilities. One is for total assets and liabilities, which would include your home and the home loan, and it sounds like EMI (what's that?) is a liability. The second statement is settlement funds, which is liquid or easily liquifiable assets that can be easily transported with you to Canada and would not include real property like your home or personal property or other assets that are difficult to convert into cash. If you cannot show at least enough settlement funds to meet the requirement your application will be rejected. They may well ask you for further proof later on the in the process, and you are also required to bring with you the settlement funds when you land in Canada.

The best course of action is always to be complete and accurate.

mia88

May 9, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
Please ignore the Employment requirements. For assessing your experiences, Employment requirements will not be considered.

If your job duties cover 70%-80% of the duties listed in NOC 4011, you are eligible to apply.
Sorry Sir I didnt get you....You are saying i should ignore employment requirements? or do you mean education requirements?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Anirudh85 said:
What makes you so sure that this is the last year they will have the FSW? Any official info from the website?
Pls check at the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

: As of May 1, 2014, there is an overall cap of 25,500 for new federal skilled worker applications. This includes a cap of 500 applications from PhD students. There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations. The caps do not affect people with a valid job offer. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgarhia said:
No you have to apply with one application at one time. otherwise both will be rejected on Visa office stage.
Not true. It's perfectly acceptable for spouses to apply simultaneously or for one person to apply under multiple NOCs. Certainly if one is accepted the VO will ask that the others be withdrawn.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15

snow_ski

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mia88 said:
Hi!
Im applying under NOC 4011 (University Professors and Lecturers).
Can anyone tell me what do they mean by this education requirement for this category?
"A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers."

I have done MPhil Economics and I am teaching Maths in a University.
Am I eligible to apply?Im not teaching Economics but Maths, but I have done maths courses in my bachelors and masters programme too.

Also my title for the 1st year was Teaching Associate and then i got the title of Teaching Fellow. As a teaching assisstant too i was giving lectures to the bachelors students! Its just my university policy to have atleast 1 year experience in teaching to get the title of Teaching Fellow.

Since this occupation is up for immigration for the 1st time, i guess people will be confused as to what is required n what fits 100% into this category.

Can some1 please help me with this? about my eligibility?
How long have you been working in the university.
I know someone who have already applied and he was also confused regarding the first year working as an associate and than became permanent fellow. But hope he gets positive response, so do you...

Anirudh85

May 10, 2014
Century said:
Pls check at the below link:

: As of May 1, 2014, there is an overall cap of 25,500 for new federal skilled worker applications. This includes a cap of 500 applications from PhD students. There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations. The caps do not affect people with a valid job offer. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.
What would be the "Express Entry" ?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can2174 said:
as long as you have 18k+ CAD lying as unencumbered funds in your accounts , you should be good to go.

since the funds that you are not unencumbered as you have the liability(home mortgage) you should declare it to CIC.
Also show the valuation of the property as an asset. I heard New delhi VO do not consider property as proof of fund, so by the time your file reaches NDVO try to accumalate 18+ CAD in your bank accounts.
I don't know how mortgages work in India, but in common law countries like Canada/UK/US, a bank account balance would not be considered encumbered just because the account holder has a mortgage. Typically mortgages include as security for the loan only the property itself, the mortgagee cannot reach any further assets of the mortgagor. An encumbered bank balance would be a bank balance that is for some reason restricted from being transferred or withdrawn, or that is pledged as security for a debt. Again, I don't know how it works in India so you should investigate this for yourself.

Not only the NDVO, but no VO should consider property as proof of settlement funds, because real property is not a liquid asset.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
enigma_blue said:
Info sharing for those who wants 2nd copy IELTS:

I have collected second copy of IELTS from British council and IDP. BC is for my wife and IDP is for myself.

British Council:

Required docs- 1. Last year application pack return back missing communication (i, e, Email) print out.
2. DHL Courier service POD (Prof of Delivery) print out.
3. UCI number
4. IELTS photocopy
5. BC application form fill-up

Time taken: 3 working days ( 2 times phone follow up and push them to make it early due to urgency)
Charge: 500 BDT (7 USD aprox.).

IDP:
Required docs- 1. IELTS photocopy
2. IDP application form
Time taken: 2 working days
Charge: FREE.

So the conclusion is that, IDP is more flexible than British council issuing a second copy IELTS and the rumor -'British Council never issue 2nd copy IELTS'- proven wrong. :p ;D

*this message is mainly posted for SP_BD member who is having the same issue like me.
+1 for sharing this info buddy...:)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
mia88 said:
Sorry Sir I didnt get you....You are saying i should ignore employment requirements? or do you mean education requirements?
Ignore the below part "Employment requirement". But take care "University professors and lecturers specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law."

Employment requirements
•A doctoral degree in the field of specialization is required for university professors.
•A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers.
•Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tupa said:
Form 5662 and Form 5620 issue:
dear members, i was going through the photocopies of my application (fsw 2014) and found I left blank the 2 parts of form 5662 (your travels)... The part asks for travel info for child over 18 year.. My baby is 4, i completed the section, as per guide 7000 you need check "did not travell" if not applicable. Since I declared 1 spouse 1 child in imm008 I left this part black for integrity. :p I did not write "not applicable"

Form 5620 fee payment :
I worte my name as I am primary applicant;
And I wrote my address :p ( but the form says If different from Priciple applicant).....

hahahahha wondering my application will be returned? Any,bro /sis can share experience?
If I understand you correctly, you checked "did not travel" for your baby and didn't write anything else? It's not necessary to answer this question for your baby. I think it would be extremely unfair for your application to be rejected because you mistakenly answered a question you did not need to answer. Same goes for you filling in an address when you didn't need to. But I cannot say for sure.

nima2014

May 9, 2014
future_canadian said:
Not true. It's perfectly acceptable for spouses to apply simultaneously or for one person to apply under multiple NOCs. Certainly if one is accepted the VO will ask that the others be withdrawn.
Dear friend,
I understand through your comment that it is possible to apply with two NOC at the same time in one application
and the file will not be rejected.
Do I understand correctly?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Anirudh85 said:
What would be the "Express Entry" ?
It is similar system like Australia is doing for selecting immigrants. You can go for details here at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.