+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piscean5

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
gimmenergy said:
Now a days most of the Credit cards accept foreign currency transactions. However, it is always good to check with your bank whether they support canadian dollar or not. I called Citibank to know the same and they said yes they support for the card that I hold. They also told me that an extra charge of 3.5% (+service tax) will be levied on my transaction. I then immediately made my mind to go thru the DD route because by doing so I can save around INR 2000 easily. Today I got my DD from HDFC bank equally easily as using a credit card.
I think its not only a question weather your credit company allows foreign trasaction charges or not. Nowdays every CC company has fraud prevention branch which blocks/holds any charges it seems suspicious. My CC was recently put on hold when I used it in California. Company said it was because my card was not used outside NY for more than a year. They usually call you immediately to remove the hold but I wouldnt want the risk of not being able to take the call and CIC putting my application back in queue.

It is not a bad idea to tell them in advance about the specific charges to be incurred by a specific organisation ina specific place. So I will repeat the original question. Does anybody from the last year under what name charges show up in CC statement?

canadasuperb

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
piscean5 said:
I think its not only a question weather your credit company allows foreign trasaction charges or not. Nowdays every CC company has fraud prevention branch which blocks/holds any charges it seems suspicious. My CC was recently put on hold when I used it in California. Company said it was because my card was not used outside NY for more than a year. They usually call you immediately to remove the hold but I wouldnt want the risk of not being able to take the call and CIC putting my application back in queue.

It is not a bad idea to tell them in advance about the specific charges to be incurred by a specific organisation ina specific place. So I will repeat the original question. Does anybody from the last year under what name charges show up in CC statement?
It is "CITIZENSHIP & IMM FS"

rtbuquia

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
i have 3 dependents but they are not going with me in Canada. I just listed them on the dependents form. how much funds do i prepare?

database1981

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any expert or educated guess opinions when will be the hot NOC's like 1112 and 2174 will be capped considering the following?

- 1000 cap limits now (300 previously)
- Some people with complete requirements (ECA) will be re-applying this year
- There are several job codes related to 1112 and 2174 which will perhaps further distribute the similar applicants.

What do you think guys? Personally I think, similar time last year because of mixed considerations... End of May probably?

hussam_k

Oct 29, 2013
Amman, Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
22-05-2016
I have an FPC number on my Canadian visitor visa I got last year. Is there anywhere in the application for this number?

ninoy89

Apr 14, 2014
im under NOC 3012 (registered nurse)
i thought i could send a valid ielts result (which is within 2 years)
my ielts result will expire on May 12. I did not realize that my IELTS result should be valid for atleast a year from the application date;
so i would have to take another one. I booked mine, scheduled on the 17th. Result would i think be avail after 13 days. You think Id still be able to get in the 1000 cap?

thank you

kenkirin

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
04-05-2015
Labyrinth said:
Employment requirements for NOC# 2174 is:
1. A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
OR
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

2. Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering (B.E.) and 11+ years experience in IT/Software. Can I apply under NOC# 2174 category? Will CIC reject my application since I do not have a degree in Computer Science or specialization in programming?

Your advice will be very much appreciated.
As long as your job duties match 2174, you can apply for it. please also check NOC 2173 which one matches your duties the most, they are pretty similar though.

kondaveeti41

Jun 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-06-2015
wishfullman said:
i havea relative in canada and i have all documents from him but the bill he provided me is 1 year old will it be fine
i can get new one but it will take extra few days and i really want to send tomorro
Everything should be less than 6 months old. Check document checklist.

safira

Jan 3, 2014
Hello,

I have the following question:
- What is recommended to group the forms leaves (you use a stapler to the leaves belonging to the same form and then use a paper clip to put it all together?).

The question seems stupid, but after the details they ask, I'm looking to ensure that this is the best way.

Thank you.

SS1982

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
piscean5 said:

Hi,

Your DD from HDFC bank is of 6 Months validity ? I enquired the same at HDFC bank yesterday and the representative said bank issues only with 3 Months validity. For CIC we 6 Months validity. So pls check again

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
safira said:
Hello,

I have the following question:
- What is recommended to group the forms leaves (you use a stapler to the leaves belonging to the same form and then use a paper clip to put it all together?).

The question seems stupid, but after the details they ask, I'm looking to ensure that this is the best way.

Thank you.
No question is stupid. Never ever use stapler. Use U-pin instead.

fabioadias

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-12-2014
Med's Request
30-12-2014
Med's Done....
12-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2015
Guys,
Quick and simple question. I'm going through all forms and everything (I'll be applying in June).

WHERE (in which form) exactly is the specific field where I say what NOC I'm applying for?!

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
SS1982 said:
Hi,

Your DD from HDFC bank is of 6 Months validity ? I enquired the same at HDFC bank yesterday and the representative said bank issues only with 3 Months validity. For CIC we 6 Months validity. So pls check again
Precisely, they clearly say that all DDs from any bank, due to RBI regulations carry a validity of 3 months. If anyone knows of any exceptions, please share!!

SS1982

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Just got an email from WES that my FSWP Credential Assessment is in process and will be done by 08 May 2014. They have received all required documents but still process is delayed due to high volume. However, WES received my docs on 22 April 2014

Not sure why so much time as they mentioned 7 days on their website for an application.
My hopes are fading for applying this year now my NOC looks to be HOT and would be capped too soon before I get WES results / or my application reaches CIC.

fabioadias

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-12-2014
Med's Request
30-12-2014
Med's Done....
12-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2015
SS1982 said:
Just got an email from WES that my FSWP Credential Assessment is in process and will be done by 08 May 2014. They have received all required documents but still process is delayed due to high volume. However, WES received my docs on 22 April 2014

Not sure why so much time as they mentioned 7 days on their website for an application.
My hopes are fading for applying this year now my NOC looks to be HOT and would be capped too soon before I get WES results / or my application reaches CIC.
Ouch! They're taking THAT long?! That sucks! Now you've got me worried...
What is your NOC?

Best of luck to all of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.