+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
snow_ski said:
@ Century- +1 for you :)

is a salary certificate fulfill the requirement of pay stub?
YES. YES, if you don't have it. Thanks for +1.

randev

May 5, 2014
Like many on this forum, I, too, am curious whether the cap for financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) is reached or is getting to close to being reached. My gut feeling is that the number of financial and investment analysts on the FSW 2014 spreadsheet is grossly underestimating actual interest in that category. Consequently, the anticipated cap reach date for NOC 1112 of 7/17/2014 could be very well off the mark. To get a better estimate of potential applicant pool / actual interest in NOC 1112, I attempted a unique approach. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is the gold standard for Financial and Investment Analysts. The designation implies competence and mastery of a wide body of knowledge deemed critical for sound investment analysis. Many adverts for financial and investment analysts specifically say that the ideal candidate for the position will be a CFA charter holder. I Googled CFA membership directory to get a breakdown of CFA charter holders by country. The results stunned me!

Since China and India represent about half the world’s population, I looked up these countries first to gauge the number of investment analysts who could potentially migrate under the FSW program. Here are the numbers:
China’s population is 1.4 billion; according to CFA institute’s member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in China is just 2960
India’s population is 1.2 billion; according to CFA institute’s member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in India is just 1319
While Canada is the second largest country in the world in terms of land mass, its population – 35 million - is quite small. The country, however, has 14,769 CFA charter holders.
Let me put Canada’s number in perspective: the US has 58,508 CFA charter holders. US’ population is 318 million. Using proportions, I calculated how many CFAs Canada would have if its population were as large as the US’. For those of you who care to know, number would be 134, 186. Per capita, Canada has a much greater number of CFAs than the US!

My attempt to gauge the potential size of NOC 1112 applicants from China and India proved futile. The only conclusions that I arrived at was that these countries, despite having very large populations, have a stunningly short supply of competent investment analysts. On the other hand, Canada, despite its small population, has many CFAs. Competition for financial and investment analyst jobs in Canada is, thus, likely to be pretty intense!

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
randev said:
Like many on this forum, I, too, am curious whether the cap for financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112) is reached or is getting to close to being reached. My gut feeling is that the number of financial and investment analysts on the FSW 2014 spreadsheet is grossly underestimating actual interest in that category. Consequently, the anticipated cap reach date for NOC 1112 of 7/17/2014 could be very well off the mark. To get a better estimate of potential applicant pool / actual interest in NOC 1112, I attempted a unique approach. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is the gold standard for Financial and Investment Analysts. The designation implies competence and mastery of a wide body of knowledge deemed critical for sound investment analysis. Many adverts for financial and investment analysts specifically say that the ideal candidate for the position will be a CFA charter holder. I Googled CFA membership directory to get a breakdown of CFA charter holders by country. The results stunned me!

Since China and India represent about half the world's population, I looked up these countries first to gauge the number of investment analysts who could potentially migrate under the FSW program. Here are the numbers:
China's population is 1.4 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in China is just 2960
India's population is 1.2 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in India is just 1319
While Canada is the second largest country in the world in terms of land mass, its population – 35 million - is quite small. The country, however, has 14,769 CFA charter holders.
Let me put Canada's number in perspective: the US has 58,508 CFA charter holders. US' population is 318 million. Using proportions, I calculated how many CFAs Canada would have if its population were as large as the US'. For those of you who care to know, number would be 134, 186. Per capita, Canada has a much greater number of CFAs than the US!

My attempt to gauge the potential size of NOC 1112 applicants from China and India proved futile. The only conclusions that I arrived at was that these countries, despite having very large populations, have a stunningly short supply of competent investment analysts. On the other hand, Canada, despite its small population, has many CFAs. Competition for financial and investment analyst jobs in Canada is, thus, likely to be pretty intense!
+1 for you nice calculations an info

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
randev said:

Since China and India represent about half the world's population, I looked up these countries first to gauge the number of investment analysts who could potentially migrate under the FSW program. Here are the numbers:
China's population is 1.4 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in China is just 2960
India's population is 1.2 billion; according to CFA institute's member directory web link, the number of CFA charter holders in India is just 1319
Let me put Canada's number in perspective: the US has 58,508 CFA charter holders. US' population is 318 million. Using proportions, I calculated how many CFAs Canada would have if its population were as large as the US'. For those of you who care to know, number would be 134, 186. Per capita, Canada has a much greater number of CFAs than the US!

Nice analysis. +1 to you. Looks like there will indeed be intense competition for these jobs. All the best!

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
charpyface said:
I've just started gathering together my info for my application under NOC 1111 (accountants).

My info is already on its way to WES to be approved, and I have booked an english test for June 21st (results within 13 days). I've just about to send off my Police check forms now - should take 10 days.

Basically, I will have my forms etc ready to send via courier by the end of June. Is this going to be soon enough? Or am I just being crazy?

I wasn't expecting 1111 to be on the list, or otherwise I would have been way speedier at getting this all sorted out.

Do you think NOC 1111 is going to fill up really fast? Is it worth my time even doing this?
I say nothing beats a trial but a failure. Just get everything ready and apply. What might take the longest for you is getting IELTS results. Be sure you have prepared everything else by that time, so as soon as you get it, you can include 1 original copy, recheck everything and send off your application. I suspect because many others were also not expecting this NOC to be available or even for there to be a FSWP in 2014, so many were caught off guard and might just be in the same position as you. It may just be that June/July comes and passes and the cap is still not yet reached, but you just never know. It's really first come first served, so be quick about it.

rambojuda

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
FBI PCC requested
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Hello Experts,

I am getting 73 points on my application. I can get 5 additional points for family. I have a cousin in Canada, but it will take some time to gather the birth Certificates and prove the relationship link.
Is it advisable to just go ahead and submit the application now or wait to gather all the birth certificates and submit at a later date?
Or can i submit additional documents at a later date and claim additional 5 point for a total of 78?

Thanks,
Rambo

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
GUR2010 said:
Thanks shah2014 and wish you all the best
Hi GUR2010,

Since your CC is charged so you are probably the best person to answer some basic questions
Please help.
1. Along with ECA report what did u send as education documents: transcripts or photocopies of mark sheet & degree certificate.
2. Under settlement funds did you mention any loans like car loan or home loan.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Arjun Singh

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
coolcoral said:
Hello!

In Generic Forms, though signature & date is put "on the last page, the name is not hand written at"Consent and Declaration of Applicant", starting with the words Ï, (first name, last name) __________ on behalf of my self and dependents ...."""

Will it any way negatively affect the application success?

Regards
I've seen responses on here from others that suggest that once you've signed and dated the form, since it's such a small omission, the CIC officer might write that info in and your application will proceed. Just hope and pray.

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi,

One of my previous employer/company has been closed. I want to claim points against that experience as I already have
1. Reference Letter as per CIC required format
2. Appointment Letter
3. My manager business card

Should I include this experience in application and inform CIC that company has been closed? What is the formal process? Please guide.

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
rambojuda said:
Hello Experts,

I am getting 73 points on my application. I can get 5 additional points for family. I have a cousin in Canada, but it will take some time to gather the birth Certificates and prove the relationship link.
Is it advisable to just go ahead and submit the application now or wait to gather all the birth certificates and submit at a later date?
Or can i submit additional documents at a later date and claim additional 5 point for a total of 78?

Thanks,
Rambo
If you have more than the 67 points required already and you are confident in your calculations, I would suggest you send your application now, especially, if you are applying with a popular NOC. There is really little benefit to getting 100 points as against getting 67. Once you've exceeded the pass mark, you're good to go! ;D

Angel16

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
1st Oct 2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with application.
File Transfer...
8th Oct 2014
Med's Request
30th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
12th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
Should be in Nov
VISA ISSUED...
With God's Grace soon
LANDED..........
Even sooner ;)
WES status as of 23rd may :
Evaluation report being prepared for delivery.

Can anybody tell me by when I shud expect the report?

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Century, Ashif Bhai,

Once again please help me on the same issue.

I found out commissioner of oath and notary public is the same thing.

Now for translation how to get affidavit done by translator in the presence of notary public? No translator seems to be doing this .

Do you know any translation agency who is willing to give affidavit also in Bangladesh?

This is important as the guide mentions for translations, translators need to make affidavit also and sign in front of a notary

Born2Burn

Dec 20, 2013
I delivered my documents to 49 Dorchester street through DHL. but on DHL tracking history destination is "Mira Road Nova Scotia Area. NS Canada". whether this is the same address or different one?

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
Angel16 said:
WES status as of 23rd may :
Evaluation report being prepared for delivery.

Can anybody tell me by when I shud expect the report?
within 3 to 4 days

Angel16

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......