+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godblessme said:
Hi All,
I have a question. This forum is fantastic. I have been silent reader of this forum for months.
Although have a question now: I submitted my application on June 24 and yesterday I received my application back due to the missing birth certificate. (thats it)
However, in my initial application I included the bonafide certificate, secondary school certificate indicating my date of birth.

However I managed to find the copy of my birth certificate and school leaving certificate. I resend my application today. Hopefully they will consider this.
I checked all my application forms, there was a UCI number noted in my application.
I am an NOC 2171 category. Will I be considered back to the June applicants or I will be considered again from the date my application will reach cic this coming friday?

Please help!!!
You will be considered a new applicant since your first file is closed.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful2014 said:
Hi Seniors,

Need your advise. I just realized that I have missed putting in my name in 'Native Language' in the Background declaration form (point #2). I think I have left that field blank. Is that a serious error to think about? Should I resend that particular updated form to CIC?

Please advise.

Thanks!
No this is not a fatal error. It's possible they would ask you to update it later at the local VO stage.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
Wash an said:
Additional Family Information form?

it has to be filled by principal applicant and spouse? So first it's the Mother/Father/Brother/Sister of principal applicant then on the second form it's the Mother/Father/Brother/Sister of the spouse? Please guide. Thanks
Absolutely right..

Optimist3

Champion Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2014
IELTS Request
L 9, R 8.5, W 7.5, S 7.5
Diplomatru said:
It's a Study permit. I'm doing my second Master's in Canada, Ontario.
Yes, I definitely want to share. Posting it the second time though.

Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.
Hi Diplomatru,

We were waiting for the continuation of your above blog....... Hope you are working on it........ You have a huge reader base who are anxiously waiting...... +1 in advance for that...... :)

alwaysonnet

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014
File Transfer...
04-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2015<br>Third line ... : 28-01-2015<br>Decision made ... : 07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2015
godblessme said:
Hi All,
I have a question. This forum is fantastic. I have been silent reader of this forum for months.
Although have a question now: I submitted my application on June 24 and yesterday I received my application back due to the missing birth certificate. (thats it)
However, in my initial application I included the bonafide certificate, secondary school certificate indicating my date of birth.

However I managed to find the copy of my birth certificate and school leaving certificate. I resend my application today. Hopefully they will consider this.
I checked all my application forms, there was a UCI number noted in my application.
I am an NOC 2171 category. Will I be considered back to the June applicants or I will be considered again from the date my application will reach cic this coming friday?

Please help!!!

Sorry to hear. May I ask you where exactly you live?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswp2014applicant said:
Any holidays at CIO, Sydney for this week or next week?
No, but Monday the 13th is Canadian Thanksgiving. It's not technically a holiday in NS as it is in most other provinces, but CIC are federal employees so they will surely be on holiday.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Congratulation.

+1 for updating.

mjamal14 said:
NOC 2174

Received PER Oct 1

App reached June 4.

Payment charged Sep 23.

SS updated.

sampathuce

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
charged on 10-11-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
File Transfer...
processing started on 21-02-2015
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
godblessme said:
I am June 24 applicant...
You should have submitted self declared affidavit along with your school certificate. For 2171 its bit late and try to send new app for 2172 if possible.

BIR1115

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
Med's Request
31-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Check out NOC 2281 ... that'll be more suitable.

future_canadian said:
The thing to do is look at the page for NOC 2171 and determine whether you match a substantial amount of the duties listed, including those listed in the "lead statement" (introductory paragraph) and most of the "main duties" and all of the "essential duties" (if there are any "essential duties" listed, for most NOC there aren't). Then come back with specific questions.

Better get moving because 2171 is filling up fast.

Good luck.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015

shahi108

Sep 30, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO->CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 4 , 2014
Nomination.....
Feb 23, 2015
AOR Received.
March 25, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Request
June 25 , 2015
Med's Done....
Already done in May 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
July 13,2015
All those whose application was rejected and have mentioned email of the reject reason in the spreadsheet , did CIC reply to your enquiry about the app status or you received reject email from CIC itself ?

Application received on 19th June rejected but mine of 4th June no update neither reject :(

amirali.mithani

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
Diplomatru said:
It's a Study permit. I'm doing my second Master's in Canada, Ontario.
Yes, I definitely want to share. Posting it the second time though.

Ok, guys, so as promised, I get down to sharing my knowledge of Canada with those of you who still have their first journey here ahead of you.

1) First and foremost, bring as much money as possible. If you bring cash over 10000CAD, you are REQUIRED to declare it with CBSA. The officer will fill in the declaration for you, and MAY count the money, and eventually issue a declaration that would state that you have legally brought a sum amounting to XXX to Canada. This is a crucial document, which will render your life WAY easier.
2) Be sure to book a GOOD hotel (as per Tripadvisor rating) at the POE, whether it is Toronto or Montreal. It is no secret that your first couple of months in here will be super tough, because you'll be starting your life from scratch in a far away country of which you have little knowledge. So, you need a POSITIVE start that will give you a taste of Canada and keep you rolling for future challenges. Relax for a couple of days, do some sightseeing, eat, smile and enjoy yourselfs.
3) As soon as you are ready for action, you need to take your Canadian status document (PR visa, SP, WP or TRV), the customs declaration and obviously the money to a branch of one of Canada's top-5 banks. That is TD Canada Trust, RBC, CIBC, BMO, Scotiabank. All of them offer a special package meant for newcomers, which boasts in reduced fees and other benefits. You need to open a checking account with a debit card which will be issued on site, and a savings account which will be used to guarantee the credit limit for your future CC. CC is indispensable in Canada, you will NOT be able to buy anything online and will have difficulties applying for any services involving a monthly payment plan without it. Since you have no credit history in Canada, the only way to obtain it, is to deposit at least 1000CAD into the savings account which will be collected by the bank in case you fail to pay your monthly CC bill. Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks to get your application for CC approved and delivered to the branch. So ask the bank clerk for pickup and indicate your temporary address (hotel, friend's place) in the application. Also request Direct deposit and wire instructions, you will need it later.
4) Buy a prepaid plan with any cell service provider, they are all crazy expensive, but at this point you cannot enrol to a monthly plan wthout a CC. Canadians are fond of phones, answering machines and mail. It is customary here to call if you want something done, and you will have a lot of conversations ahead. Again you can use your temporary address, you will amend it later. An ID will be required of you, so bring your CIC issued document.
5) Now you are all set to start looking for an apartment. I would recomend kijiji.ca. DO remember that you are new here and don't have any referals, credit history, thus landlords will be very hesitant to deal with you. Consider it an interview and act accordingly when you secured an appointment with a LL. Be advised, that if you sign a rental agreement, you become legally binded to pay for the whole term of your stay (8 months, etc.). So if you decide to move you will still HAVE to pay the rent even if you stop living there, or find a sub-tenant. Therefore I cannot emphasize enough that you have to be extra clear that you will stay in this place for the term agreed with the LL. As POF bring along your customs declaration and bank statement. Also keep in mind that most of the apartments come unfirnished. If the LL agrees to let you in, which is unlikely to happen on day one and involves a lot of legwork, you will need to bring a money order for the first and last month (bought at Canada post or any bank), fill the papers, provide the LL with direct deposit instructions (so that he can charge your account for monthly rent) and set a move in date (usually it will be 1st day of month). It is important to get your address with postal code from the LL.
6) To buy basic things for the apartment I would suggest such stores as Dollarama or Dollar tree. They accept debit and are usually conveniently located unlike the large stores. You will buy the furniture later at Walmart and Ikea when your CC arrives, but be prepared to stick with air mattress for a week or two.
Great! Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to the continuation. I am an Indian living in USA and I could relate to everything to you said when I started my journey here.

+1 for sharing.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
AlexGurvic said:
Hello, friends!!!

I've got PER today!

Thanks GOD!

Appreciation for your valuable advice and experience.
Congrats and +1

romar

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014 [br] [b](One month after cap was reached)[/b]
IELTS Request
Re: Some Suggestions...

deepmanku said:
I forget to send the Blank addressed envelopes ... any matter or any problem....
This ain't a problem at all. The worst that can happen is that they won't send your application back to you if it gets rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.