+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
Oscar7 said:
Dear Friend, First off, your data only reflects the number on our FSW 2014 spread sheet. There is a bigger world out there, not everyone that applied to FSWP is on our spread sheet.

Next, your assumption that all May 7th are completed most likely is incorrect. There are still more than 20 CC applicants who are awaiting for their card to be charged. And similarly several DD applicants waiting as well for the DD to be charged. A good number of May 7th applicants from our spread sheet are still remaining, and a "lot more" from the total global pool of applicants for May 7th are still outstanding.

That's my quick take on the analysis. Cheers!! :)
Oh yes,

I agree with your comments. If you have to guess, how many do you think they get through per day?

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
tknova said:
Ah yes .. but if you take that to a global scale i.e. out of just our spreadsheet .. and as per official information from CIC Page which is at 491 updated about 4 working days (1 holiday) ago ..

you get 491 / 41 = 12 per day
I prefer your calc! Higher the better!

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Guys

spreadsheet is not opening up either in computer or in ipad, is there anything I need to do?

Regards,

GrantM

Jul 4, 2014
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
johnson.i2000 said:
Guys

spreadsheet is not opening up either in computer or in ipad, is there anything I need to do?

Regards,
It sometimes takes a while to download all the data.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
GrantM said:
@ Century

What is this?

FSWP upgradation issue by WES
If someone wrongly assess his/her education evaluation in the basic category of WES and send it to CIO, then CIO cannot check it into the portal of WES. So CIO inform WES, WES instantly shoot e-mail to applicant to upgrade inot FSWP category by paying $$$$$$, applicant use Credit Card immediately through WES upgradation portal and send FAX of payment; Bingo. Done. Now CIO understand the the hard copy by looking into the same information accessing into WES portal.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Great Data Analysis buddy.. :) :)

Oscar7 said:
There are at least two ways to go about this analysis:

1) One is finding the correlation between the spread sheet numbers and the global pool. Several times we have discussed this in the forum and it is speculated to be around 20% or so. On a Sunday evening I am not willing to dig deeper to recollect how we arrived at this number, LOL. ;D That way based on the spread counts we can arrive at the global counts by multiplying it by a factor of 5. This global count divided by the number of working days so far can give us their per day output.

2) The other way is to take data released by CIC of completed applications date wise and look at the progress for 5 to 6 data points for a given point. The more the data the greater the chances of accuracy. Then by counting the additional number of completed applications and dividing that by the number of working days between those updates we can arrive to 'completed applications per business day' number i.e. per day output.

I believe using the latter approach our friend neel had suggested 22 applications per business day or something like that.

om999

May 27, 2014
Oscar7 said:
There are at least two ways to go about this:

1) One is finding the correlation between the spread sheet numbers and the global pool. Several times we have discussed this in the forum and it is speculated to be around 20% or so. On a Sunday evening I am not willing to dig deeper to recollect how we arrived at this number, LOL. ;D That way based on the spread sheet counts we can arrive at the global counts by multiplying it by a factor of 5. This global count divided by the number of working days so far can give us their per day output.

2) The other way is to take data released by CIC of completed applications date wise and look at the progress for 5 to 6 data points for those given points of time. The more the data the greater the chances of accuracy. Then by counting the additional number of completed applications and dividing that by the number of working days between those updates we can arrive to 'completed applications per business day' number i.e. per day output.

I believe using the latter approach our friend neel had suggested 22 applications per business day or something like that.

Below is neel's analysis:
"So.. slight pick-up in Processor Speed.. from 20 to 22 Apps/ day :)
seems like they increased RAM !!

From Update 2 : Total 401 Applns (24.06.2014)
to Update 3: Total 491 Applns (30.06.2014)
-----------------
So, Net processed : 90 Applns in about 4 working days
Current run rate @ CIO : 22 Applns per day"
Go Oscar7 buddy... :D

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Century said:
Hi binuky:

Did some research on your case. Found that on FSWP upgradation issue by WES, it may taka a long long time to get PER. Following the cases for FSWP 2013 applicants and the time between Fee Encashed date and PER date is given below:

Forum Member Having Problem Days B/W Fee & PER
atipra 163
sunlight11 35
swapnil3353 53
Dr.Megha 22
Shripad 16

So, best thing is to do is having patience. Rarely a file rejected after encashment. So relax. :) :)
Hi Century,
You are a very senior member in the forum and please do not take me wrong.I know you are motivating all the people waiting for the PER, but please also show them the reality. As per 2013 spreadsheet tab rejected applications, there have been instances of 10 cases where even after charging the CC, applicants received Negative Eligibility Review. Last year the program was not as big as this year and it also depends on how many people had genuinely updated the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE#gid=46
DD charged simply means that the applicant has only passed the completeness check, PER is only sent out after the officer approved the eligibility of the applicant. Here is the manual of how CIC works
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf
Good luck to all and wish all a very good luck !!

om999

May 27, 2014
Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Networki Here.

I think CIC works in stages(complete docs>fee charging>PER issued) and that work goes on different counters...similar to PSK in india..... so john at A counter checking for completeness might finish early than Ms. charging fees and mike issuing PER....so they delay and may 7 and may 8 getting charged simultaneously.

P.S
with disclaimer to names

apple_08

Jul 2, 2014
hi seniors,

i am paying my fsw application through demand draft. the problem is, the demand draft that my bank issued didn't indicate any information that will be associated to my fsw application. they didn't indicate my name on the check. is this okay? what if the check was misplaced and included in other applications, how will they know that the demand draft is mine?

thank you in advance!

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
apple_08 said:
hi seniors,

i am paying my fsw application through demand draft. the problem is, the demand draft that my bank issued didn't indicate any information that will be associated to my fsw application. they didn't indicate my name on the check. is this okay? what if the check was misplaced and included in other applications, how will they know that the demand draft is mine?

thank you in advance!
Hmmm.. :p...

CC is even more dangerous, what if app is lost and someone uses the CC information. :p :p :p

hussam_k

Oct 29, 2013
Amman, Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
22-05-2016
I got my application back yesterday 5th July. The reason is that the duties I listed don't match those for NOC2133 Electrical Engineer. I am a 7th May applicant.

Here are the duties I listed in my reference letter:

Name: XXXX
Job title: Electrical Engineer
Period: April, 2008 to August, 2009
Working hours: 48 hours/week (Full time)
Base Salary: XXX
Job responsibilities:
• Inspecting the electrical components and the control devices of the production lines.
• Examining any failure in the electrical components and/or the control devices and solve the problem in a timely manner.
• Supervising electrical technicians and offer assistance when needed.
• Submitting weekly reports about the production processes to the management.

The duties on the NOC website are:
Electrical and electronics engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
Investigate electrical or electronic failures
Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.

I am not sure what went wrong. What do you guys thin I can do? Do I still have any chances to make it?

arezou958

Jul 28, 2013
Iran
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Hi all,
Finally using my last year UCI, I found my status is in process (we received your application for permanent residence on May 7 of 2014) :D.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Oscar7 said:
And this is the post that sends tremors among the CC / DD charged applicants.... ??? ??? ???
Sets the cat among the pigeons!!!! ;D

I guess this is brutal honesty!!!! 8) BTW, I saw 7 such cases in the spread sheet you shared. 7 for how many total applicants last year....like 5,000? So if we were to correlate that for 25,000 then 35 such cases possible this year. Obviously won't be a simple linear correlation but will depend on specific cases!
Oscar apologies for counting it wrong, Its 7
I did not want to instigate fear or any sort of tremors in the form. Just want people to know the reality before they become complacent.
Between as you were stating a few posts earlier that this is just a certain percentage of the global applicants, it is not fair to calculate 7 cases out of 5,000. It is the number of cases which was reported last year as per the spreadsheet which is again a percentage of the people applied.
Please also note that it is a normal human psychology to report positive rather than negative. So I believe lot of forum members did not reveal
What I intend to post in the forum was that
Getting a CC charged automatically does not guarantee PER

Anyways good luck to and all hopefully you will all get PER

Status
Not open for further replies.