+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
I know what your link says. I think you need to read it more carefully. Category 1 is the same as NOC category. Category 2 is the same as Offer of Arranged Employment category. They are not NOC CATEGORY 1 OR 2. They are just CATEGORY 1 or 2. There is no such thing as NOC CATEGORY 2 since NOC category itself is category 1. So, why would you write NOC category 1 if there is no NOC category 2 or 3? That's besides the point because the samples clearly show what should be written.
You are not arguing with me my friend but with CIC instruction.

Instruction says there's categories 1 and 2 but you said there no such thing.

I rest my case here.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
solomonwise said:
You are not arguing with me my friend but with CIC instruction.

Instruction says there's categories 1 and 2 but you said there no such thing.

I rest my case here.
Read my friend. I DID NOT say there aren't categories 1 and 2. I said there aren't NOC CATEGORY 2 OR 3.

See the difference is NOC before CATEGORY. while there are categories 1, 2, and 3, there aren't NOC CATEGORY 2 or 3.
I would rest my case too, but you are spreading wrong information.

solomonwise [quote author=namaste said:
I know what your link says. I think you need to read it more carefully. Category 1 is the same as NOC category. Category 2 is the same as Offer of Arranged Employment category. They are not NOC CATEGORY 1 OR 2. They are just CATEGORY 1 or 2. There is no such thing as NOC CATEGORY 2 since NOC category itself is category 1. So, why would you write NOC category 1 if there is no NOC category 2 or 3? That's besides the point because the samples clearly show what should be written.

Turks

May 28, 2014
Pune
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am going to apply under 2172. I am still awaiting the report from wes. my status at wes since the last 4-5 days has been documents received review in progress. What do you think are the chances of 2172 getting filled up by July end? I did my bachelors in arts and then did diploma in computer applications. I have around 9'years of experience as a database administrator. my diploma may not be recognised by WES as I did it from DOEACC New Delhi. not sure if I will be considered for. PR since my education does not relate to my work experience. Can anyone please advise on this?

nepsam

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
How many DD of 5th May or later charged so far? Mine is of 5th May.Its already been 40 days.How long should I wait???

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
Read my friend. I DID NOT say there aren't categories 1 and 2. I said there aren't NOC CATEGORY 2 OR 3.

See the difference is NOC before CATEGORY. while there are categories 1, 2, and 3, there aren't NOC CATEGORY 2 or 3.
I would rest my case too, but you are spreading wrong information.
Let's reason together,will it hurt your application when you put up category 1 or category 2?

vishal shrestha

Apr 18, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nepsam said:
How many DD of 5th May or later charged so far? Mine is of 5th May.Its already been 40 days.How long should I wait???
Dude do we have any option for CC from here???

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
solomonwise said:
Let's reason together,will it hurt your application when you put up category 1 or category 2?
I don't know if it hurts and frankly, I don't think it's that big of a deal to warrant a rejection.
I see that you have shifted your position from "the proper way to write is category 1 or category 2" to "it doesn't hurt." why do that when CIC clearly tells us to write "NOC category", or "Arranged Employment category," or "Phd Category" spelled out?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
abhipan said:
Hi

Send application for 2132 category and it was received at nova scotia on 16/5/2014 . Can anyone guide me what are my chance of coming in the cap of 2132 .
As last year when i applied for same category on CIC website it showed 85 applicants when it was received but later it came back stating cap got filled with a wait of 5 months to get that communication from CIC with my application kit send back .

Thus want to know what is realistic chance for this year cap as on CIC website till today 15th June 2014 it is just showing 8 applicants for 2132 .

Await guidance on it if anyone has a better infomation about actual cap figures for 2132.

thanks in Advance
cheers
Hey, I wouldn't worry about not being in the cap. I think your chances are pretty good. CIC would have to have about a 100 times more applicants for 2132 than they have stated in their website for your application to not meet the quota.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
abhipan said:
Hi

Send application for 2132 category and it was received at nova scotia on 16/5/2014 . Can anyone guide me what are my chance of coming in the cap of 2132 .
As last year when i applied for same category on CIC website it showed 85 applicants when it was received but later it came back stating cap got filled with a wait of 5 months to get that communication from CIC with my application kit send back .

Thus want to know what is realistic chance for this year cap as on CIC website till today 15th June 2014 it is just showing 8 applicants for 2132 .

Await guidance on it if anyone has a better infomation about actual cap figures for 2132.

thanks in Advance
cheers
I don't have the answer to your question, but this fact comes as a surprise to me. The CIC cap updates, for that matter, have such a big lag ? It doesn't then make sense to base one's decision on their list.

I am also going to apply for 2132, but wouldn't be able to make it until the end of July 2014. My chances, if any, are way too slimmer than yours.

Can you tell me what was the date that you applied last year (when CIC showed 85 applicants) ?

Regards

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
abhipan said:
Hi

thanks in Advance
cheers
Hey man chill.....I have sent the application yesterday in 2132 and hoping to make it in the CAP...fingers crossed....but u definitely have 100% chance of making in the CAP...

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
I don't know if it hurts and frankly, I don't think it's that big of a deal to warrant a rejection.
I see that you have shifted your position from "the proper way to write is category 1 or category 2" to "it doesn't hurt." why do that when CIC clearly tells us to write "NOC category", or "Arranged Employment category," or "Phd Category" spelled out?
I have not shifted just making you see reason.

The instructions are crystal clear but interpretation is the issue. All I know is there are categories 1,2 &3

The requirements are different for each of the categories.So,sorting will be necessary as each category has to be treated differently.

Lastpage!

weswes

May 9, 2013
Can someone please advice with this dilemma?

My application for FSW was received on May 14th. I indicated as method of payment a valid credit card. In the meanwhile, unfortunately the credit card got lost, and I currently have a replacement, same number, but different security code, and different expiration date.

The credit card company said that when I activated this card the old one went automatically invalid.

So, I do need to inform CIC in the fastest way possible about the new credit card information.
What would be the best way to do it - send a letter with the updated payment sheet? Any other suggestions?

Does any one know what happens if the payment does not go through? Will they try to contact the sender or is the application automatically disqualified?
Thanks!

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Dear Ashif bhai and Admins,

Just one question, how do I add more details to my profile (on the left side) below my Forum name. Like the below details.
Category........:
Visa Office......:
NOC Code......:
App. Filed.......:

Or I cannot do that because I am a Newbie member? LOL

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
weswes said:

My application for FSW was received on May 14th. I indicated as method of payment a valid credit card. In the meanwhile, unfortunately the credit card got lost, and I currently have a replacement, same number, but different security code, and different expiration date.

The credit card company said that when I activated this card the old one went automatically invalid.

So, I do need to inform CIC in the fastest way possible about the new credit card information.
What would be the best way to do it - send a letter with the updated payment sheet? Any other suggestions?

Does any one know what happens if the payment does not go through? Will they try to contact the sender or is the application automatically disqualified?
Thanks!
This is a serious issue. They will return your application if payment cannot be made. What I would do is 1) send them a revised form immediately, 2) send them an email stating the issue, and also 3) calling them to try to get hold of them and explain the issue. 4) Hope that everything works out fine!

Is there anything that your credit card can do?

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
weswes said:

Thanks!
I would recommend sending an updated payment instruction form IMM 5260 immediately along with a cover note about your previous card being made invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.