+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack daniel

Mar 19, 2015
sk1984indian said:
Sharing my medical Test experience

I had called Center for Migration Medicine (Subsidiary of Vijaya Diagnostics Center) on Monday and got the appointment for Friday 20th March at 11 am.

Preparation before medicals

• Took a day off before medicals.
  • Avoided Soft drinks, Soda. Had plenty of water every 4 hours
  • Avoided spicy food for 2 days
  • Sound Sleep

On the Medicals day

• Had 2 litres of water before 3 hours from the Scheduled time.
  • Started an hour early than normally. I chose to hire a cab instead of driving to the center.

Reached the center by 10.25 am. Walked up to the reception, The lady at the counter asked me which country i was applying for and what was my appointment time. I answered Canada and 11 am. She handed over a form to me and asked me to complete the form in capital letters. Once it was done, She directed me to wait outside the counselor's cabin until they call for me. (Total Time : 15 mins)

I went in and waited near the cabin for about 15 mins. i was just watching people around me and there was a wave of nervousness among the parents but children were in their own world jumping, screaming and shouting. Just when i started to get used to the environment, My name was called and i went in.Doctor asked me about whether i had BP, Sugar or Fever. i said no. She asked me to pay Rs 4100. Out of curiosity i had asked if they had Swipe machines. She promptly responded that they accept only cash. I handed over the cash. She asked me to stand against the wall and took a picture. She gave me a slip and asked me to get it billed in the Reception counter. I was back where i started (The Reception). The guy at the reception again asked which country, my phone number and full name. He printed 2 invoice copies. He handed one over to me and kept the other with him. (Total Time including waiting in the queue : 45 minutes)

He asked me to go to wait for my turn at the Blood Test counter. There were around 6 applicants waiting there and i thought it may take another 30 mins for my turn. To my surprise, She called me after 15 mins and got my blood out in no time. She was quick and precise. She took my passport along with invoice i received at the counter and informed me that they will return the passport along with invoice once X-Ray is done. She handed over a little bottle for urine test. She had asked to keep the bottle in the washroom tray.Once i was done with urine test. I was asked to sign the consent form for HIV Tests (Including the wait time : 20 mins)

I was asked to wait at the waiting lounge for X-Ray. After 15 mins, they called a group of people including mine. The person who was
coordinating the tests informed that we will need to go to other facility to get the X Ray done. We followed the man and went to other facility. It reminded me of school days where we used to walk in a line back to classes after morning prayers. The walk was around 400
metres from the initial facility to other one. Once we entered the facility, There were people already waiting for their turns. We were asked to sit and wait for our names to be called out. First all the women were called out and had their X-Rays done. Slowly men started getting X-Rays done. It took about 75 minutes before my name was called out). I went into the room. There were 2 female doctors and 1 male doctor. I was asked to remove my t-shirt and stand against the X-RAY. Once i stood there, Doctor instructed me to take a long breath and hold it. I did the same. He asked me my full name and said you are done here. I wore my T-Shirt and was on my way out. The guy who was coordinating gave me my passport and the invoice. It was then i noticed that the invoice had 4 check boxes for HIV Tests, Blood Test, Urine Test, X-Ray which were ticked. He asked me to contact Reception for next steps. (Total Time : almost 105 mins)

I strolled back to the initial facility and went to the reception. He asked whether i had my X-Ray done. I informed that i was done with X-
Ray's, He asked me to go inside and wait for a doctor to call my name. I went in and sat in the lounge. I thought to myself that the tests may take another couple of hours or they may call me to come on a different day. (Saturday is a holiday in Hyderabad. Ugadi - New year for Telugu speaking community). To my luck and delight. I was called in for a routine check. Doctor took 3 readings of BP. Measured my height and weight. She asked me whether i had sight and i said yes. She gave me a lens and made me read through them. My right eye had trouble reading through lens. I was able to read them with my glasses. She adjusted the lens and had me to give another shot at it. Once that was done. I was asked to remove my shoes and strip to my inner wear. I was asked to lie down on the bed.Doctor asked me which company i will be joining in Canada. I told him that i applied for Immigration through Federal Skilled Worker Program. He then proceeded to ask me whether i was married. I replied i was single. He then asked me a list of questions from his checklist like whether i committed any suicides or whether i had any kidney or liver problems. I said i did not have such issues. he tapped me on either side of my ribs and check my heart rate, asked me to take a deep breath and he checked my pulse rate.
He wished me good luck and said i was done. (Total Time : 30 minutes)

I was asked to go to the reception counter. I was asked whether i had undergone all the tests. I was given a eMedical Information Sheet, Invoice copies. The lady at the reception informed that they will upload the reports in 3 working days. She asked not to call them but to email them for any queries. (Total Time : 10 mins)

Total time for the entire process - 255 minutes (4 hours and 15 minutes)

Pros :
  • The staff was coordinating well and answered all the queries
  • Facility was clean, hygienic

Cons :

• They do not accept cash so make sure that you carry enough cash
  • X-Ray is under maintenance, so you will need to walk to another facility to get the X Ray done.

Venue : Center for Migration Medicine
Thanx for sharing this useful info.. I dont know how to give +1 technically but here i give you +1 buddy... ;D ;D

Jack daniel

Mar 19, 2015
gulbadan.singh said:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 7, 2014.
We started processing your application on September 17, 2014.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 3 office on March 16, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

So I am now a Permanent Resident of Canada... Will soon be sharing my Landing Experience with you guys
Congratulations dear.....

Jack daniel

Mar 19, 2015
MM100 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to send up update here...

I sent my application to FSW 2174 May 4th 2014 and got Immigrant Visa in October 2014.

I landed in Toronto, Canada Jan 17th 2015.
I attended JobSearchWorkshop with Welcome to Canada Services.
I applied the skills I learnt on Resume writing and interview preparation.
I got a job offer in March 2015 relevant to my skills and I accepted.

My advice to you:
- Research online Canadian employers...research hiring months...before coming to Canada so can time your trip perfectly
- Research jobs before coming here to see what programs or skills you need to get to be at same level as Canadians
- Ensure you are proficient in English and/or French
- Learn to adapt when you get here
- Do not expect things to be the same as back home
- Find the Welcome to Canada service close to you and register for Job Search Workshop
- Go classes and do the homework religiously
- Apply what you learnt to job searching, resumes, interviews

And you will get a job.
Even if you do not get a job exactly as your job title you wanted...try to get work in your field even if its not the same...
So that the Canadian Experience counts.. for your next job.

it is possible. there are good and bad stories you will hear.
But really your future is in your hands.
What you put in is what you will get out.

I just wanted to share my experience here, because when I was waiting on CIC for results, I wanted to heard people's stories who already migrated and see what it was like for them.
I hope others can benefit from this.

Thanxxx...

cheemais

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
sk1984indian said:
Sharing my medical Test experience
+1 buddy. I've got mine soon, this is very informative.

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
ss2015india said:
CanOl or RVP or anyother seniors can u pls tell me one thing ..

after ecas update as DM (fourth line) .. when can u expect the PPR mail ... i mean the max time ... NDVO ... are there any chances of rejection .. pls let me know ...
Congrats on DM news !!
Hope you can help clarify my doubts.
What is the 3rd line update ?
How many days did it takes from MR submission till 4th line (DM) update ?

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Jack daniel said:
I'Ve failed over and over and over again in my Life..... That's Why "I SUCCEED" ;D ;D ;D ;D
Keep trying until you succeed right... Never give up... Cheers !!!

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Jaxon911 said:
Of course I've gained quiet a bit from this forum, I want to give it back! I can't do as much as senior guys like you are doing or have done for people in this forum but I'm doing as much as I can! And more importantly, I also want to keep in touch with people here. I'm not as selfish as people might think from my rude posts ;)

Happy to be with you all during our journey to migrate to Canada, and that journey doesn't end after receiving the visa!
Hey Jaxon,

That's nice of you. Probably you could help me.
I have submitted my MR & RPRF
Now what is the next step in between PR ?

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
So Are you also referring that you also had multiple countries PCC's ?

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
Vande Matram said:
Hi Jaxon

congrats for your Visa.... happy landing.....

Our common friend alwaysonnet is about to receive his PP back.....

I am still waiting.....

Oh God, get me through.....
I'm sure you will get it real fast. All the best wishes.

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
kazioahid said:
Hi Seniors

i have only receipt request for MR and RPRF , no PCC . Is it normal?
It happens in rare cases. Maybe they are too impressed by your application. 8)
Nothing to worry if they haven't asked anything.

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
ResCan said:
Ok...........thanks Bhavcaluk
So waiting game again :( :(

Mera No. aayega...Mera PP aayega ;) :p
I'm sure you will get that soon.

Sak09

Sep 5, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have one concern, I applied for Permanent Residence thru NS PNP and my visa office is London UK. Now my case is in last stage and they require our passports and photo of each family member to complete the processing But My children are in my back home with my parents which is outside canada and on the letter they were saying if you and all your accompanying member is inside canada you could post your documents to CPC OTTAWA, even I was asking them thru email regarding my children passport but they didn't reply anything on that topic. So shall I get their passports and photos and submit here or .......???? Could you please share your experience and ideas on this topic.
Many Thanks in advance !!!!

dissgj

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
PER : Oct. 29, 2014
AOR Received.
July 04, 2014
File Transfer...
November 2014
Med's Request
29October2015
Med's Done....
02 November2015
Passport Req..
12November2015
VISA ISSUED...
03December2015
LANDED..........
Jack daniel said:
Just wanted to send up update here...

I sent my application to FSW 2174 May 4th 2014 and got Immigrant Visa in October 2014.

I landed in Toronto, Canada Jan 17th 2015.
I attended JobSearchWorkshop with Welcome to Canada Services.
I applied the skills I learnt on Resume writing and interview preparation.
I got a job offer in March 2015 relevant to my skills and I accepted.

My advice to you:
- Research online Canadian employers...research hiring months...before coming to Canada so can time your trip perfectly
- Research jobs before coming here to see what programs or skills you need to get to be at same level as Canadians
- Ensure you are proficient in English and/or French
- Learn to adapt when you get here
- Do not expect things to be the same as back home
- Find the Welcome to Canada service close to you and register for Job Search Workshop
- Go classes and do the homework religiously
- Apply what you learnt to job searching, resumes, interviews

And you will get a job.
Even if you do not get a job exactly as your job title you wanted...try to get work in your field even if its not the same...
So that the Canadian Experience counts.. for your next job.

it is possible. there are good and bad stories you will hear.
But really your future is in your hands.
What you put in is what you will get out.

I just wanted to share my experience here, because when I was waiting on CIC for results, I wanted to heard people's stories who already migrated and see what it was like for them.
I hope others can benefit from this.
Hi JD! Just would like to inform you, and i guess its too late for me to ask permission from you, if i could repost this coz i already did? My apologies... well i posted it in other forum... hoping it could shed light to others queries about landing in Canada. Thanks again buddy... God bless! (Ur name is on it) ;-) However, In case you dont like it just pm me or tell me i can remove it straight away...
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.