+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Donmakaveli

Oct 2, 2015
Hi guys,

Greetings to everyone.
December 2014 Applicant...
We landed in Toronto last weekend and did all the signing in with Customs and immigration. The process wasnt upto 1 hour.
We didnt have enough load with us as we just wanted to use the visa before it expires on the 27th of this month.
We tendered our Goods to follow list and gave the address for our Permanent resident cards to be sent.
I rented a car right from the airport which i drove to the hotel that i pre booked in Toronto.
We left canada the following day and will return to canada in the future.
Still doing research on the best place to settle down in the future when we arrive.
I want to ask what province is best at taxes. The province with the lowest provincial and federal taxes.
Will appreciate your answers

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Donmakaveli said:
Hi guys,

Greetings to everyone.
We landed in Toronto last weekend and did all the signing in with Customs and immigration. The process wasnt upto 1 hour.
We didnt have enough load with us as we just wanted to use the visa before it expires on the 27th of this month.
We tendered our Goods to follow list and gave the address for our Permanent resident cards to be sent.
I rented a car right from the airport which i drove to the hotel that i pre booked in Toronto.
Still doing research on the best place to settle down in the future when we arrive.
I want to ask what province is best at taxes. The province with the lowest provincial and federal taxes.
Congratulations.

In terms if taxes, I think Alberta has the lowest rate.

Russ.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
russellx said:
Congratulations.

In terms if taxes, I think Alberta has the lowest rate.

Russ.

Read from here :

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donmakaveli said:
Hi guys,

Greetings to everyone.

Read from the link below :

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Donmakaveli said:
Hi guys,

Greetings to everyone.
Welcome to Canada, you will surely enjoy favor in the land. As for where to settle, I think your occupation or line of business and how quickly you can find your feet in that regard should be a primary factor in determining where you will settle. Taxes can be paid conveniently anywhere by anyone when you succeed at landing a good role. I'm speaking from experience and many people can attest. Please research your choice properly, it is very key to personal success in this place. All the best ahead.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Flosure, send me your Whatsapp cell number in a PM - Private message.
Hi PH, I have sent you a PM.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Good morning Fam. I hope everyone is doing good, especially with the wait. Pls like I mentioned a while back, I ordered my notes and I could see that the case analyst didn't review my docs properly, so I wrote a detailed LoE and sent it thru CSE but I didn't get the automated reply that usually comes immediately after you raise a CSE and the rely you get two weeks after. I did so on thanksgiving weekend. Now I'm wondering if they got the docs and I want to know too, if anyone experienced same and how it turned out.
Also I'd like to get the direct email address for Accra, although I sent a mail to Accra as well but I just want to be rest assured that I sent it to the correct email.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
iphie28 said:
Good morning Fam. I hope everyone is doing good, especially with the wait. Pls like I mentioned a while back, I ordered my notes and I could see that the case analyst didn't review my docs properly, so I wrote a detailed LoE and sent it thru CSE but I didn't get the automated reply that usually comes immediately after you raise a CSE and the rely you get two weeks after. I did so on thanksgiving weekend. Now I'm wondering if they got the docs and I want to know too, if anyone experienced same and how it turned out.
Also I'd like to get the direct email address for Accra, although I sent a mail to Accra as well but I just want to be rest assured that I sent it to the correct email.
Thanks.
Hello, the email below is what AVO used in communicating with me during the period of my processing.
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
iphie28 said:
Also, I'd like to get the direct email address for Accra, although I sent a mail to Accra as well but I just want to be rest assured that I sent it to the correct email.
Thanks.
Iphie28,

Sorry to hear about the case analyst's review.

If you have sent them a CSE and have since not heard from them, why don't you send physical copies of the LoE to the High Commission via DHL addressed to your Case Officer?

My one cent.

Russ.

tosin79

Apr 10, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, no need to reinvent the wheel as there's already a global Whatsapp group for those who have landed and those who are coming behind. Those who have landed are there giving guidance to those just coming in for all provinces. The umbrella group also helps with knowledge on Federal issues, all you need to do is join us and learn or lend a hand :)
Hello PH,

I'd like to join this WhatsApp group. Will send my telephone number via PM

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
tosin79 said:
Hello PH,

I'd like to join this WhatsApp group. Will send my telephone number via PM
Hi, I've replied your PM as well.

Tario...34

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2014
File Transfer...
17/03/15
Med's Request
Waiting patiently....
Hello Blackky, I sent a pm but it returns to say ur inbox full. Pls am so interested kindly review ur mails so there will be room for more. Thanks

Tario...34

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2014