16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Hello all,

For those that got a letter from Nigerian Embassy for their driving licence, did you go to Ottawa in person for the sighting of your original DL or you just posted your original DL, money order and registered post envelop to the embassy.

I've been calling the embassy all week but it just goes to voicemail.

Thanks

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014; PER Received -05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
landed2016 said:
Hello all,

For those that got a letter from Nigerian Embassy for their driving licence, did you go to Ottawa in person for the sighting of your original DL or you just posted your original DL, money order and registered post envelop to the embassy.

I've been calling the embassy all week but it just goes to voicemail.

Thanks
Hi. We posted application letter, original DL, Letter from FRSC and money order

landed2016

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 August 2014
Nomination.....
3 December 2014
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Abim said:
Hi. We posted application letter, original DL, Letter from FRSC and money order
Thank you, will send mine in the post asap.

OlaOyo

Jul 22, 2016
Pastor Daniel said:
Hello house, happy new month to every one.
Please I need everyone's useful advice on this sad story.

I met a Nigerian family yesterday that landed Calgary a week ago, did their landing formalities and headed to Edmonton by road. Unfortunately for them, while on the journey, they all slept off unknown to them that a black guy who has been monitoring them since they boarded made away with all their document and money.

As it is now, they are stranded without any travel document with them again. They cannot register for SIN, they cannot register for Health Care, their children cannot be registered in school and so on without the CoPR.

The guy plans traveling back to Naija to return next year, but no int'l passport again.

What should they do?

Evil minded people everywhere! I wld suggest they keep the police informed of the situation, particularly with their document involved not to be seen at crime scenes.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
landed2016 said:
Thank you, will send mine in the post asap.
Please be sure to use registered post or courier. We've had many stories of documents being lost in transit. And also note that the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa is known to misplace people's licence which is why people prefer to go in person, cheers.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Pastor Daniel said:
Hello house, happy new month to every one.
Please I need everyone's useful advice on this sad story.

I met a Nigerian family yesterday that landed Calgary a week ago, did their landing formalities and headed to Edmonton by road. Unfortunately for them, while on the journey, they all slept off unknown to them that a black guy who has been monitoring them since they boarded made away with all their document and money.

As it is now, they are stranded without any travel document with them again. They cannot register for SIN, they cannot register for Health Care, their children cannot be registered in school and so on without the CoPR.

The guy plans traveling back to Naija to return next year, but no int'l passport again.

What should they do?
This is sad indeed. In addition to what landed seniors suggested, I want to believe they made copies of these documents and put them away separately, if yes, they should take the copies to the police, get statements and other available support then head to newcomers center or any other immigration support like Catholic or ymca or any other and explain. They can get more advise from the counsellors. Also, the perpetrator might be tracked down. Then, one original copr was submitted at landing and the amount they came with documented, these will serve as evidence of their claim.

Lastly, we have no evidence it's the black man, it could have been anyone around them. The point am making is that non black- Indians, Canadians, Chinese, carribeans whatever are not saints and we should not let our guards down after stepping in here. Let the Naija guard be in place as if ur in Oshodi till you master the ground well.

May God continue to guard us. I feel for them really.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
bivins1 said:
I am a Canadian citizen but I have noticed that processing times for Nigerians applying from Accra office is taking longer than stipulated and i find it disrespectful when they cannot even acknowledge that the process is taking longer than necessary or even bother to communicate you on what is happening . This is a marked departure when processing visas from other parts of the world . I think its hypocritical to paint every one with the same brush in assuming every body who wants to come to Canada wants to stow away . At the end of the day, you pay the same visa fee like people from other parts of the world and i see no reason why one should go through such humiliations to get a visa . I am in talks with some top politicians and in the light of these , I am going to start a petition at change.com . If we get a critical number, the House of parliament will have no choice but re- consider the matter . I have heard too many tales of people suffering to get a visa to come to Canada. The office was moved to Ghana when Ken Saro Wiwa was murdered by the late Abacha and was meant to be a punishment to the government . We have since moved on from those barbaric days and the irony is when corrupt Government officials want to come to canada, they get their visa easily while the common man suffers.
I have decided to see if you will be willing to sign this petition and then i will get parliamentarians to discuss the issue . If you dont do anything , nothing will change. I will check back to see the response to this and will attach the link for all of you who have suffered the humiliation of getting canadian visa to sign . You have nothing to lose

Thanks
Can the parliament also discuss what FSW applicant have to face before landing a job in line with the previous experience claimed during application? Very few can be patient to wait for long before opting for survival jobs because bills are waiting to be paid. Even if one comes in with the expected funds, the truth is that it depreciates faster than imagined if nothing is coming in to add to it.

Before the visa is issued,your credentials had been verified, your education had been verified, you have passed English test and your job experience verified, why is it that all that verification is thrown into the bin after landing in the name of "CANADIAN EXPERIENCE ". Except for those making career changes, things ought to be easier than it currently is. It's not funny at all.

I might not be speaking some people's experience but am sure majority passed through the same route before getting something truly befitting.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bolaopemire said:
Can the parliament also discuss what FSW applicant have to face before landing a job in line with the previous experience claimed during application? Very few can be patient to wait for long before opting for survival jobs because bills are waiting to be paid. Even if one comes in with the expected funds, the truth is that it depreciates faster than imagined if nothing is coming in to add to it.

Before the visa is issued,your credentials had been verified, your education had been verified, you have passed English test and your job experience verified, why is it that all that verification is thrown into the bin after landing in the name of "CANADIAN EXPERIENCE ". Except for those making career changes, things ought to be easier than it currently is. It's not funny at all.

I might not be speaking some people's experience but am sure majority passed through the same route before getting something truly befitting.
Very very important point, outside of the regulated professions that is.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
@pipishusband and other great ancestors in d house i greet u. I am trying to create an Express entry profile but it has sent me a mail of ineligible.I know i must have made an error somewhere because i have a masters,age is within d 30s bracket and 1 have 8.5 IELTS overall rating.I am trying to also edit or update to correct whatever errors but cant find the button. Can any1 pls help.

BAYON

Feb 29, 2016
funshiba said:
Dear Good friends,

Trust all is well with you. I haven't been here in a while, Just got frustrated about everything.

I am a July 2014 Applicant and has been on the long queue. My application has gone funny as my medicals expired last month. My family and I have been on the long wait for PPR since about a year now. We requested for GCMS note which we got feedback on. GCMS note shows medical expired and PoF now 2k CAD less of the minimum amount for a fam of 3 (This is due to exchange rate issue), when we submitted it was over 19k CAD. But the major reason for delay seems to be the security search

I am really tired and tried to mail them a couple of times and the only one they responded to says "Application in progress and we should minimize communication".

I am trying to stay optimistic and build up another PoF should they wake up from their slumber but its hard working in the dark and no comunication at all from them

I am sure i am the only one of June 2014 Applicants.

Please someone advice.

Regards,

IT will come..
Just relax
..n be positive

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powermike999 said:
@pipishusband and other great ancestors in d house i greet u. I am trying to create an Express entry profile but it has sent me a mail of ineligible.I know i must have made an error somewhere because i have a masters,age is within d 30s bracket and 1 have 8.5 IELTS overall rating.I am trying to also edit or update to correct whatever errors but cant find the button. Can any1 pls help.

Unfortunately if it has told you "ineligible", you will have to start all over. You cannot edit it anymore. If you are sure that you qualify, carefully do your assessment again before you start the whole process . There are times it will tell you that you "may be eligible" after the assessment and then after filling the main Express Entry information, it turns out to be that the person is ineligible. Ensure that you do your part very well before submitting.

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
powermike999 said:

It may also be that amount of Fund is insufficient. Carefully check through.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks @gentleandrew & labiz.

I think d error i made was in the reference number of my wife's IELTS. Will stating that my Master's was part time be a reason for ineligibility?I want to create a new express entry profile with my 2nd email. I hope i will not b penalised by CIC for double registration. Or is dia a way I can delete my 1st application that is saying ineligible?

Pls i need answers to quickly get into d pool.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powermike999 said:
Thanks @gentleandrew & labiz.

I think d error i made was in the reference number of my wife's IELTS. Will stating that my Master's was part time be a reason for ineligibility?I want to create a new express entry profile with my 2nd email. I hope i will not b penalised by CIC for double registration. Or is dia a way I can delete my 1st application that is saying ineligible?

Pls i need answers to quickly get into d pool.

Stating that your master's was part time will never attract a negative assessment. You will not be penalised by CIC for double registration; the first one you opened is already invalid in as much as it has "ineligible" as the status. You cannot even edit it. Create a new application and accurately enter your information. This will help you clear some doubts.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
powermike999 said:
Hi, you can withdraw that application and start afresh as per the instructions at this link, cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1076&top=29