+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Canadalldway

Aug 18, 2015
ddmckay said:
The delay in processing is not limited to accra visa office alone , its global ... and this is as a result of the last fire incidence in alberta. To allay all fears .... the vegriville immigration institute that regulates only and all PR applications to which the fswp is sub categorised was badly affected by the fire and its activities disrupted..... therefore we will have to be a bit more patient as some officers of IRCC were also affected by the fire , sooooo our patience should put on an armour at this time as processing might be a bit more delayed.
I hope this helps
Thanks for this information. At least we now have an idea the cause of this delay.

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014; PER Received -05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Gofame said:
Greetings my people!!! I learnt about the FSWP in 2004,but somehow I couldn't apply for it then.In 2011 I was able to apply but my application didn't meet the Cap and was returned. I reapplied in 2013 and got PER,we were so happy, then the waiting game started. We didn't hear anything from 2013 till November 2014 when AVO requested updated POF,we sent it and heard nothing until March 2015.The response we got was devastating it was an outright refusal based on the VO not satisfied with our POF. I sent several emails that we be given another chance but all to no avail.I came to you guys this lovely family to cry out and got so many suggestions. Above all it was clear that if I need to go forward, legal advice should be soughted.With the recommendation from this house I engaged a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada who has handled similar cases. I also immediately requested my GCMS note and read what the VO had as reasons for the refusal.I asked the lawyer what are our chances he said 50/50 but one should always take a chance in life. So the case started, spent additional funds, sent documents etc. In the court case if the Judge doesn't grant leave, then the case is over. We were praying for leave to be granted and it was eventually.Now the next prayer was let the Minister withdraw from the case as it has mostly happened in the past, once you are granted leave then most times the minister withdraws.But no way the minister didn't withdraw, the case got to hearing and physical appearance in court. My lawyer was very surprised but the hearing held and both parties argued their points. The hearing held in November 2015,December the verdict was given..... WE WON THE APPEAL!!!!!!... So we waited to hear from AVO. Months passed no word until May 2016,they requested for other documents and our POF again. We sent what they needed. In June we got MR,PPR.As I write this now we have our visas for my family of 4.Please help me thank this BIG God that we serve, not by our works of Righteousness but His Mercy and Grace. I would have missed out of this if I had given up and didn't take the chance but God showed up for us. My special thanks goes to firstly God Almighty who made this possible, Loofy, Pipishusband, Ma Ig, dada-karma, GentleAndrew,Kollins,Biola,Valentine,Nwamarie,Neyobash(who assisted greatly with the UPS service),Thejacksons,Fatenny,Ennex and so many others I can't even mention.God bless you all.I pray that as many as are still expectant God will not disappoint you, your destiny will not be thwarted by any negative VO decision, your desires according to God's will,shall come to pass. And know this that God will do it because of His love, Grace and Mercy towards you in Jesus name Amen. Thanks everyone.Like we always say, IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE!!!!!!!
Congrats... God's name be praised

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
God is awesome. I have seen God move in peoples situations here. Gofame and Deebruv's testimonies teach us the importance of perserverence.

God will surely show up for all of us.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, read Gofame's story again and check my response to you :)
Hi PH,

Thanks for the response bro. :) :) :), Its time for praise bcuz it will surely end in the praise.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
Gofame said:
Greetings my people!!! I learnt about the FSWP in 2004,but somehow I couldn't apply for it then.In 2011 I was able to apply but my application didn't meet the Cap and was returned. I reapplied in 2013 and got PER,we were so happy, then the waiting game started. We didn't hear anything from 2013 till November 2014 when AVO requested updated POF,we sent it and heard nothing until March 2015.The response we got was devastating it was an outright refusal based on the VO not satisfied with our POF. I sent several emails that we be given another chance but all to no avail.I came to you guys this lovely family to cry out and got so many suggestions. Above all it was clear that if I need to go forward, legal advice should be soughted.With the recommendation from this house I engaged a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada who has handled similar cases. I also immediately requested my GCMS note and read what the VO had as reasons for the refusal.I asked the lawyer what are our chances he said 50/50 but one should always take a chance in life. So the case started, spent additional funds, sent documents etc. In the court case if the Judge doesn't grant leave, then the case is over. We were praying for leave to be granted and it was eventually.Now the next prayer was let the Minister withdraw from the case as it has mostly happened in the past, once you are granted leave then most times the minister withdraws.But no way the minister didn't withdraw, the case got to hearing and physical appearance in court. My lawyer was very surprised but the hearing held and both parties argued their points. The hearing held in November 2015,December the verdict was given..... WE WON THE APPEAL!!!!!!... So we waited to hear from AVO. Months passed no word until May 2016,they requested for other documents and our POF again. We sent what they needed. In June we got MR,PPR.As I write this now we have our visas for my family of 4.Please help me thank this BIG God that we serve, not by our works of Righteousness but His Mercy and Grace. I would have missed out of this if I had given up and didn't take the chance but God showed up for us. My special thanks goes to firstly God Almighty who made this possible, Loofy, Pipishusband, Ma Ig, dada-karma, GentleAndrew,Kollins,Biola,Valentine,Nwamarie,Neyobash(who assisted greatly with the UPS service),Thejacksons,Fatenny,Ennex and so many others I can't even mention.God bless you all.I pray that as many as are still expectant God will not disappoint you, your destiny will not be thwarted by any negative VO decision, your desires according to God's will,shall come to pass. And know this that God will do it because of His love, Grace and Mercy towards you in Jesus name Amen. Thanks everyone.Like we always say, IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE!!!!!!!
Yea! that is the act of Jehovah God. What a testimony? I bless His name on ur behalf. Congratulationssssss

davido2016

Dec 22, 2015
Gofame said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am happy for you and family

Lesson learnt -never give up on what you want.
It will end in praise

davido2016

Dec 22, 2015
dewasco said:
Hello great house members, the journey that started in 2007 finally became a reality on the 8th of July 2016 when we landed at Toronto Int. Airport. we saw God at work in every step of the way and all glory to His name.
We left Naija on the 30th of June, stayed in the UK for some days, enroute to the maple land. Air Canada took us from the UK and we were told that our baggage will be taken to our final destination- Saskatoon. Alas! after the conclusion of the immigration process at Toronto, rushing to board our connecting flight as we had less than 45 minutes left, we just discovered at a corner all our bags on a trolley close to the customs point. That started another routine delay that took over 1 hour as the queue was long. However the custom lady was very helpful and rushed things up. she only counted the cash on us as we had more than the maximum amount. by then we are 30 minutes late for our flight. As God would have it however, the flight was delayed because of us and could feel all eyes staring at us when we embarked especially being the only blacks, but did it really matter, just glad to make it.
Fast forward to Saskatoon and after about 2 hrs turbulence in the air for a journey of 3.5 hours, family members were on hand to welcome us and though jet lagged its been blissful since then. Canada is indeed a beautiful land, the weather is friendly for now and all things are working for our good
This is dewasco reporting live and direct from Saskatoon.

For house members waiting for one updates or the other, hang in there, the good Lord that brought you this far will not abandon you. There is no record of abandoned project in His hands. your testimony is next.

Pipis Husband and the great guys in the house God bless you
Congrats on your landing

teagirl

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Form 5669, RPRF, PCC, updated PoF; requested in Apr 2016
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
17-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
Easyjay said:
Seun, please contact Azibanye Abila on 08038773706 she works for HRG int'l Airline tickets booking
HRG will sure give you unbeatable service I used it mysel upon the recommendation of a friend who had
been using their service for the past 8years or email her to get cheap flight quotes.
email address - azibanye.abila@ng.hrgworldwide.com
Thank you for this very useful information.

teagirl

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Form 5669, RPRF, PCC, updated PoF; requested in Apr 2016
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
17-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
dewasco said:
Hello great house members, the journey that started in 2007 finally became a reality on the 8th of July 2016 when we landed at Toronto Int. Airport. we saw God at work in every step of the way and all glory to His name.
We left Naija on the 30th of June, stayed in the UK for some days, enroute to the maple land. Air Canada took us from the UK and we were told that our baggage will be taken to our final destination- Saskatoon. Alas! after the conclusion of the immigration process at Toronto, rushing to board our connecting flight as we had less than 45 minutes left, we just discovered at a corner all our bags on a trolley close to the customs point. That started another routine delay that took over 1 hour as the queue was long. However the custom lady was very helpful and rushed things up. she only counted the cash on us as we had more than the maximum amount. by then we are 30 minutes late for our flight. As God would have it however, the flight was delayed because of us and could feel all eyes staring at us when we embarked especially being the only blacks, but did it really matter, just glad to make it.
Fast forward to Saskatoon and after about 2 hrs turbulence in the air for a journey of 3.5 hours, family members were on hand to welcome us and though jet lagged its been blissful since then. Canada is indeed a beautiful land, the weather is friendly for now and all things are working for our good
This is dewasco reporting live and direct from Saskatoon.

For house members waiting for one updates or the other, hang in there, the good Lord that brought you this far will not abandon you. There is no record of abandoned project in His hands. your testimony is next.

Pipis Husband and the great guys in the house God bless you
Congratulations dewasco. God's favor in your new land.

Please, can you confirm if you paid for your luggage separately on Air Canada and how much was it? I am about to book a flight plan that includes landing in Toronto before boarding Air Canada to Edmonton and was told we would be charged per luggage and we would pay for refreshments of we need anything.
Then how long did the landing formalities take in Toronto? Will two hours be enough to do all that and still check-in our luggages?
Thank you.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
teagirl said:
Congratulations dewasco. God's favor in your new land.

Please, can you confirm if you paid for your luggage separately on Air Canada and how much was it? I am about to book a flight plan that includes landing in Toronto before boarding Air Canada to Edmonton and was told we would be charged per luggage and we would pay for refreshments of we need anything.
Then how long did the landing formalities take in Toronto? Will two hours be enough to do all that and still check-in our luggages?
Thank you.
Just ensure that your agent booked all the flight together. If not you might be charge for luggage on the local flight. I fly to Edmonton in May and never paid a dime on our luggage from Toronto to Edmonton. As per landing formalities it depend on your day of arrival ours was weekend and we spent almost 4 hours for our landing formalities as few immigration officials were available to attend to us. Two hours is small why not make it 4hrs.

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Gofame said:
Greetings my people!!! I learnt about the FSWP in 2004,but somehow I couldn't apply for it then.In 2011 I was able to apply but my application didn't meet the Cap and was returned. I reapplied in 2013 and got PER,we were so happy, then the waiting game started. We didn't hear anything from 2013 till November 2014 when AVO requested updated POF,we sent it and heard nothing until March 2015.r POF again. We sent what they needed. In June we got MR,PPR.As I write this now we have our visas for my family of 4.Please help me thank this BIG God that we serve, not by our works of Righteousness but His Mercy and Grace. I would have missed out of this if I had given up and didn't take the chance but God showed up for us. My special thanks goes to firstly God Almighty who made this possible, Loofy, Pipishusband, Ma Ig, dada-karma, GentleAndrew,Kollins,Biola,Valentine,Nwamarie,Neyobash(who assisted greatly with the UPS service),Thejacksons,Fatenny,Ennex and so many others I can't even mention.God bless you all.I pray that as many as are still expectant God will not disappoint you, your destiny will not be thwarted by any negative VO decision, your desires according to God's will,shall come to pass. And know this that God will do it because of His love, Grace and Mercy towards you in Jesus name Amen. Thanks everyone.Like we always say, IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE!!!!!!!
Oh what a testimony, this is really out of this world it is a miracle! CONGRATULAAAAAAATIONS!!!!!

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Gofame said:

congrats ...so so happy for you and your family

seunmsl7

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
3rd June 2015 Request for new born Addition
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2015
AOR Received.
24th Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
File Transfer...
19 th Feb 2015
Med's Request
14th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
29th Sept 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016
Gofame said:
Thanks everyone , Please what are the modalities in contacting IOM in lagos for flight booking? Please the info will be helpful hear they give 40% discount...thanks in anticipation
Dear all in booking your flight you can use IOM, they help book concession flight for Immigrants at very cheap rates

Planning for Canada | Planifier pour le Canada
Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) | Orientation canadienne à l’étranger (OCE)
International Organization for Migration (IOM) | Organisation internationale pour les migrations (OIM)
0902 939 0545 | wekun@iom.int
planningforcanada.ca

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
tbaba said:
Just ensure that your agent booked all the flight together. If not you might be charge for luggage on the local flight. I fly to Edmonton in May and never paid a dime on our luggage from Toronto to Edmonton. As per landing formalities it depend on your day of arrival ours was weekend and we spent almost 4 hours for our landing formalities as few immigration officials were available to attend to us. Two hours is small why not make it 4hrs.
Hello tbaba, please I sent you a PM