File Transfer...
19/02/2015
Med's Request
14/09/15
Med's Done....
21/09/15
LANDED..........
2016 By GOD's grace
Hello,People!The rate of activity from AVO has been very slow in recent times.One thing is sure,GOD that started this work in our lives will complete it by his grace and power,AMEN!
Just getting curious and worried by the long wait.

I have done medicals since september 2015 and still waiting to get to the next level.Are there still september medical done people in the house still waiting?

Nice weekend,people.

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
Hello BigDon, I quite understand how you are feeling but I will say you should keep the faith.

Meanwhile, you can send AVO a friendly email to find out about your application asking if they have sent you any form of communication that you may have missed.

It will surely end in praises.

BigDon said:
Hello,People!The rate of activity from AVO has been very slow in recent times.One thing is sure,GOD that started this work in our lives will complete it by his grace and power,AMEN!
Just getting curious and worried by the long wait.

I have done medicals since september 2015 and still waiting to get to the next level.Are there still september medical done people in the house still waiting?

Nice weekend,people.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations Sambade!!!

Sambade said:
Hello everyone, congratulations to everybody on all the updates...@Deebruv good to hear/read your amazing PPR and pick up stories and to everybody still waiting on the Lord just keep trusting in Him,He is not a man to fail and not a son of man to withdraw His goodness towards us...He is not a God of abandon projects,He can't and won't bring us this far to abandon us...don't worry HE come through for us all

In other news,my family and i arrived Toronto Pearson Airport.Toronto,Canada, 21st of June 8:45 am via Ethiopia airline, Journey was smooth,food was great though at a time i was asking if they going to give us extra tummy to store the food lol cos the food just kept coming repeatedly,the air hostesses kept pushing trolley of drinks gin,beers anything you want along the aisle and kept saying "drink is free"....drink yourself to stupor lol

unfortunately 3 bottles of our palm oil couldn't make it,as the agent at the scanner at departure lounge was just talking that he won't allow it and i should not teach him his job...the customs and the other agencies officials at the airline screening were furious thats it not his job to take the bottles....my NCAA friend didn't come in early enough,but he was very helpful as we were able to skip other airport officials harrassment,we were not even asked anything except at immigration counter,his ID worked wonder,once they sees him and he says "they are with me" they just wave us on. But we spent too much time at the airline check in as we had to adjust 2 of our bags to come down to 23kg despite weighing before leaving home

Fast forward to Toronto

the CBSA officer that attended to us was very friendly and welcoming,asked us to sit while he process our documents and joking with our daughter (who was busy running around...where all that energy came from after that long trip i still didn't know),he only asked how much we were carrying then after that we signed our copies of the COPR and he welcome us to Canada and inform us the requirement to maintain our PR status

we move to Service Canada where we did our SIN at the airport by another lovely officer who gladly informed us that she worship with Synagogue Church of all Nation online and that she will one day visit the church in Nigeria.

we have since opened bank accounts,friendly people all over.

God will come through for us all. its good to be here

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Congrats Deebruv.....Another proof that we serve a God who listens to prayers!! Congrats Bolaopemire, Sambade, Luvmama and to everyone with positive update. It's going to end in overwhelming praise.

AVO please we need more rain of MRs, PPRs, PUM and visas delivery in Jesus name. Amen!

All the best everyone

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations to you and your family tosin79!!!
tosin79 said:
God is God, He is no man (3ce)
He has done it again!!!
Eyin le seyi, Eyin le seyi ooo...(You are the ONE who did this)
Ayeraye olorun iyanu (Everlasting Father, Wonderful God)
Eyin le seyi o eee... (You are the ONE who did this)

To God be all the glory, Visas and COPRs received for my family on May 23, 2016.
I am grateful to God who has brought us to a successful completion of this journey which started way back in 2008. Here we are, after two TRV refusals in 2008 and 2010, and FSW 2011 application which disappeared into "thin air" and remains untraceable till date despite the use of a Canadian based consultant. TRV was eventually issued in 2013 and again in 2015 as well as Student visa (issued to spouse) in 2015. All existing valid Canadian visas were cancelled upon the issuance of the Immigrant visa.
I take this opportunity to appreciate the amazing support and wonderful contributions of everyone on this platform, particularly Pipis Husband and Neyobash. With the information and help available on this forum, the use of a consultant was totally unnecessary for me. To everyone awaiting positive updates from AVO, it will soon be your turn to celebrate IJMN, Amen.

Congratulations and thank God for journey mercies Ghledhow!!!
Ghledhow said:
Good morning my e family,

To God be the glory my family and I arrived Vancouver safely. Flight was smooth and the officials were very friendly. For those waiting for news from AVO, your blessing is coming sooner than you think IJN!

Please landed seniors, I just checked my status on CIC website and it's still on decision made. When does it change to completed? As I got in since 23rd.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations iyogunmat!!!
iyogunmat said:
Good day house with a Joyful heart and praise to God I announce the arrival of visa and copr. Thanks to all who have supported in many ways. Pipis Husband, KSA and also neyobash.
God will bless us all and cause our dreams to be achieved.

Congratulations and thank God for journey mercies maggiforever!!!
maggiforever said:
Dear all, this is to inform the whole house that my family and I landed safely at Toronto Pearson International Airport this morning. We return all the Glory and Honour to ONLY HIM who is deserving of all for actualising a 10 year dream.

We pray earnestly for all waiting for any form of update that HE who began a Good Work in us, shall be Faithful and Just to Complete it.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much for this tip sir!
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, just a little tip I'm sharing before I forget :)

When you start driving in Canada, you may want to use the GPS service on your phone to get around or buy a GPS device like TomTom or Garmin and affix in your car. Whichever you use; phone or GPS device, please do not fix the phone or device holder anywhere on your windscreen. It is against the law.

A lot of people here are actually driving with the devices fixed directly on the windscreen because that's how their friends or relatives use it too. However, I just had a naija sister here learn the hard way that it should be affixed to the dashboard or a/c vent and never on the windshield. She was fined some serious dollars for this seemingly harmless infraction by a police patrol and points deducted from her licence!

For those with the device holder on your windshiled, please correct accordingly. Happy driving all 8)

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations 7G!!!
7G said:
Good Morning All,

It's been really a long journey but 'am happy to finally announce receipt of our visas and CPR's this morning.

With no intention to bore you please see below for a summary of the journey.

Started FSW1 since 2002 through an agent but had to abort it when it became obvious that the agent was more interested in the money and not the

case' progress (Roadblock #1).

Resumed the journey again in 2007 by myself but encountered a roadblock when entire FSW1 programs prior to 2008 batch were cancelled by CIC in 2012. Processing fee was refunded in 2012 (Roadblock #2).

Decided to reapply in 2013, then another roadblock in 2013 when my NOC cat. was moved to FSTC which requires RED SEAL certification from provinces (Roadblock #3).

Through divine inspiration and quick thinking, had to switch to another NOC on FSW list.

Then came the battle with WES. Wanted them to include my Naija qualification on my report to boost my chances but they saw no reason. Several mails back and forth to them and Naija school until finally they re-issued a revised report (Roadblock #4).

At the same time ongoing challenge with our HR dept. that had stopped issuing letters detailing job descriptions/ main duties in their letters (Roadblock #5).
Had to get my supv. to attest to my main duties and job functions. Prepared cover letters with our signatures and had all the docs notarized at a high court. People doubted the efficacy of this strategy but I had confidence it'll suffice and be relevant.

All docs were ready just in time to send to CIC in Dec 5, 2014 before closure of FSW1 program.

The rest as you can see is now history.

Wishing everyone the best outcomes in whatever stages of their journeys and I hope my story inspires someone.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations bebisco!!!
bebisco said:
Same format of mail sent to me. If you family composition has not changed i.e. you have not had a new baby or none is lost, you are not divorced (God forbids). Just send them a cover letter like I did that your family composition did not change and you can even attach a copy of the form IMM8 (generic form) you filled when you initially applied. Hope this helps.

Beloved e-family, my family received Visas & CoPR today, Rejoice with us, I pray all our dreams come through, everyone expecting one update or the other, the Lord God almighty who did mine will surprise you big time in Jesus most precious name, ...539 days dream is in our hands today. Please enjoy this musical and give praise to the Lord God Almighty, that picks a man from the dung hill and places him in the palace with kings.... Enjoy this piece by Sinach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBA5YSsWUI

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations and thank God for journey mercies bolaopemire!!!
bolaopemire said:
To you Lord be all the Glory and adoration forever more. He who has brought us this far will surely complete His works in all of us. Amen

We landed yesterday with KLM, stop over at Amsterdam. We had some challenges getting our plenty bags approved and avoid paying for extra luggage at MMIA, we eventually succeeded and all the rest of the journey was smooth.

At Canada, the first custom approached checked our details and directed us to the immigration section where we completed more forms, signed the COPRs and confirmed the amount of POF. No physical evidence of the POF was ever requested from all the different places we were asked, about 3 times. Even though we declared we carried cash in excess of 10,000 CAD, whatever we told them was recorded. No request for statement of account as the cash was not up to expected amount.He was very happy with FORM B4 filled even though we have no goods to follow but we submitted 4 copies and got one returned back. The waiting time was less than an hour.

I'll like to state that they don't like any meat to be brought in and this saved us a lot of stress as they just pass us on whenever we stated only garri, elubo, beans and dried fish is with us. Also, they are familiar with our food as we mentioned them.

Settling down is ongoing, appointments already booked for children school and some things will be sorted today also.

My prayer is that everyone of us will get to the promised land safely and in good health. Amen

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations and thank God for journey mercies luvmuma!!!
luvmuma said:
To God be the glory, great things He has done..... My family and I landed at Pearson Airport on Monday the 6th to reside in Ontario. We flew Emirates with one stop at Dubai and 2hrs wait. The immigration process was a smooth and warm one but a bit slow cos of many immigrants who flew in same day from other countries. We confirmed the dollars we had on us, got our SIN , went for our luggage and that was it for the day.
We are settling down well . I pray that for every other person expecting to land in Canada, it will surely end in praise.
Congratulations TENMEN!!!
TENMEN said:
Happy to annouse the receipt of my COPR and Passports from Accra VO via UPS.
Speacial thanks to Pipi's HB for initiating this forum where we can all share ideas and relate our personal experiences thereby shedding more light on this process.

A billion and 99+1 thanks to the ever reliable Neyobash who initiated our Pickup mail and even paid before we got network to transfered funds. We eagerly await his MR/PPR/COPR+++++LANDING.

And to all in the forum expecting one update or another, just look at your medical expiry date and calm down as you wil receive all the updates and correspondence before it expires.
One big lesson I have come to learn is that this race is for the focused,the patient and optimistic people only.

@Markdoff try to relate with that member of the house that had same issue so you can get that decision reversed.
While picking up my package I met someone whose FSW2014 application/documents was returned, but picked up her visa same time because she switched and apply through a PNP program. Dont give up!!!!!

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Zionsbae!!!
Zionsbae said:
Hi guys, I've been a silent member of the group for a couple of months now and it's amazing to see the magnitude of team spirit here. Pardon my epistle but I just have to testify to the goodness of our great God

My story and journey has been one of patience and profound faith in God and thank God, "it has ended in praise" (I love that in-house slogan by the way). I first attempted to apply in 2012 from the UK when my sponsored work permit visa was under threat of being cancelled because I'd left the job for which I was sponsored but unfortunately, the programme was closed that year. I eventually returned to Nigeria in December 2012. I remember crying my eyes out on the flight back home because having been in the UK for nearly 5 years, I'd come to love it plus my siblings were all settled in the UK with just my parents in Nigeria. Although my work permit wasn't cancelled, I knew it was only a matter of time before it eventually would be and I wasn't prepared to be an illegal immigrant in any country for any reason. I felt my life had ended as I lost everything - My job, my car, and the relationship I was in. My sister knew how much it broke my heart to be separated from the crew and she wrote a note and slipped into my luggage reassuring me it was for the best and that she was convinced God was taking me back to Nigeria to meet my husband and would settle me thereafter. How true she was! I met my husband one month after my return.

Back to the gist...in July 2013, allocation for my NOC got filled before I could gather all documents so I had to wait for 2014. I finally applied in 2014 as a single person and got married same year in December. We initially decided not to notify Accra of the change in status for fear it might delay the application but planned instead that I would get it and then file for him but thank God we didn't take that route.

In 2015, I got a mail requesting updated POF. Apparently exchange rates had caused the funds to fall short. At this point I had tampered with the money and so my husband had to transfer funds to my account. I later got a mail asking for provenance of funds and so we were left with no option but to introduce myself husband and include him in the application. They asked for additional docs which we sent then received MR a few days later. Medicals done in August 2015 for both of us and nothing heard till Feb 2016 when I sent a mail asking the status of our application. Got a reply from Accra saying our application was in queue. Got a mail on the 3rd of March inviting us for pre-departure orientation session but no PPR. I felt that would come soon but didn't hear anything again until the 9th of April when I got a call from Accra asking if we were no longer interested in the application as they sent a mail requesting our passports since the 3rd of March!!!! You can imagine my shock! That mail somehow never made it to my inbox and it wasn't in my spam either (devil is a liar) and it had been over a month! I quickly told her we were definitely interested and would be sending in our passports but explained my challenge was my husband was away at work in Oman and wouldn't be back till the last week in April. She said no extensions could be granted anymore since we already missed the first deadline. To cut this very long story short, we made a way and sent in our passports and visas were finally issued and returned on the 27th of April. And so I'd like to encourage everyone still waiting to keep the faith as hope will never disappoint.

Bits on the side:

I noticed a majority of people use Agencies who charge an arm and a leg. It can actually be done without them. My application was processed from start to finish without the use of a representative and it was seamless. I did everything myself and didn't have to spend a dime on professional fees.

Secondly for the member who asked for cheap flight tickets. Try Emirates. My husband and I purchased our tickets just last week for N566,000. Less than 300k/person and we fly first week in August.

Congratulations and thank God for journey mercies flakytezy!!!
flakytezy said:
I want to give all glory to God for journey mercies. I landed with my children 2 weeks ago at Toronto Pearson airport to complete landing formalities. We travelled with KLM (return ticket bought for 3 of us at the cost of 869,000 naira on wakanow) and it was a smooth ride from Lagos via Amsterdam to Toronto. We travelled with just 2 checked luggage and 1 hand luggage since it was a soft landing (stayed 9 days). Landing formalities were smooth. I declared CAD 500 cash with me and told them I had my bank statements ( in USD) with me. We collected our SIN numbers and left for the hotel. The excitement from the children were palpable and they really enjoyed their stay in Toronto. I have promised them that we are moving finally very soon ( hopefully by end of this year) by God's grace.
I really appreciate the Lord Almighty who made the dream to migrate a reality. I also appreciate Pipis husband and others too numerous to mention who are always willing to assist. God Almighty will surprise you pleasantly this year in Jesus name.
For those expecting updates, God will open the book of remembrance unto you and quicken AVO to answer you speedily in Jesus name.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations blacky!!!
blacky said:
Thanks PH,am praising God already cos my visa is here

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Alhamdulillah 'Bruv!!! I knew there was some mega-special news awaiting me here after my month away... So excited on your behalf, you can't believe... Man proposes, but God surely disposes so we know His might! So looking forward to hearing the gists of the matter :)
DeeBruv said:
Amen! Technoleeee My Snail. Right behind you. God will perfect all that concerns all Naijas and Others in this forum in Jesus' name. I will take time to compose my story as soon as i receive the Golden Maple Leaf. I love this glorious and hopeful family. Pipis Husband you are too much. I appreciate you all. Viclay you are the best, tbaba, canadianmum, Markdoff and all those who encouraged and prayed and unprayed for us during the darkest moments. The Devil has failed. Our family slogan 'It will surely end in Praise' shall come to manifestation in our lives in Jesus' name!