+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

TENMEN

Nov 11, 2014
Hello house,
I got PPR mail and have sent my PP to Accra VO. I will like to know how long does it take for visa pickup mail after passport arrives at Accra VO?
does it take over a month or more? @bebisco HAPPY Congrats to you and how long did it take for you to get your Pickup mail after sending your passport.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
bebisco said:
Dear e-family, pick up mail dropped 11:28pm in my mail box. God is faithful.

Those expecting one update or the other; those having one issue or the other, don't give up on your dream!!!

Your miracle is just closer to you than you can ever imagine.

Way Maker, Miracle worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the Darkness, my God, that is who You are. I will worship him forever, love him for ever because this God is too good ooo :-*

Tario...34, thanks, I am happy that at least the songs are not wasted, they encourage a lot on this Forum. Even if they don't acknowledge ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XWfwLHeLM specially dedicated to you.

"Incanada2016" get ready for a blast this week. ;)
Congrats Bebisco. It has ended in praise to the glory of God. And I pray that all those awaiting updates shall receive such in this new week in Jesus name. (AMEN).

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
TENMEN said:
Hello house,
I got PPR mail and have sent my PP to Accra VO. I will like to know how long does it take for visa pickup mail after passport arrives at Accra VO?
does it take over a month or more? @bebisco HAPPY Congrats to you and how long did it take for you to get your Pickup mail after sending your passport.
No particular formula on this.. And it all depends on how AVO works. Some got their Passports with visas & CoPRs in 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month after submission.

One thing is sure, know that your visa is closer in your hands than before. Congrats.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
TENMEN said:
Hello house,
Congrats on receipt of PPR. It takes between 3 to 6 weeks on the average to get pick up mail going by the experience of members of this thread. Cheers ;D

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Congrats to everyone with updates. AVO please we need more!!!

Tario...34

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2014
File Transfer...
17/03/15
Med's Request
Waiting patiently....
bebisco said:
Dear e-family, pick up mail dropped 11:28pm in my mail box. God is faithful.

Those expecting one update or the other; those having one issue or the other, don't give up on your dream!!!

Your miracle is just closer to you than you can ever imagine.

Way Maker, Miracle worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the Darkness, my God, that is who You are. I will worship him forever, love him for ever because this God is too good ooo :-*

Tario...34, thanks, I am happy that at least the songs are not wasted, they encourage a lot on this Forum. Even if they don't acknowledge ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XWfwLHeLM specially dedicated to you.

"Incanada2016" get ready for a blast this week. ;)

Congratulations on your pickup dear...

Thanks for the ever inspiring worship songs. I have subscribed to her songs on YouTube. Wishing u a grand phase 2!

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, just a little tip I'm sharing before I forget :)

When you start driving in Canada, you may want to use the GPS service on your phone to get around or buy a GPS device like TomTom or Garmin and affix in your car. Whichever you use; phone or GPS device, please do not fix the phone or device holder anywhere on your windscreen. It is against the law.

A lot of people here are actually driving with the devices fixed directly on the windscreen because that's how their friends or relatives use it too. However, I just had a naija sister here learn the hard way that it should be affixed to the dashboard or a/c vent and never on the windshield. She was fined some serious dollars for this seemingly harmless infraction by a police patrol and points deducted from her licence!

For those with the device holder on your windshiled, please correct accordingly. Happy driving all 8)
which province did this happen?was she driving and manipulating her gps?.....so many scenarios might have caused her been pulled over by cops even though mounting the gps might be one.
it also depends on where she mounted the gps on the windshield......whatever you can read up this link ......though its better safe than sorry

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/34521

7G

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
Included in application
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
31-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
Good Morning All,

It's been really a long journey but 'am happy to finally announce receipt of our visas and CPR's this morning.

With no intention to bore you please see below for a summary of the journey.

Started FSW1 since 2002 through an agent but had to abort it when it became obvious that the agent was more interested in the money and not the

case' progress (Roadblock #1).

Resumed the journey again in 2007 by myself but encountered a roadblock when entire FSW1 programs prior to 2008 batch were cancelled by CIC in 2012. Processing fee was refunded in 2012 (Roadblock #2).

Decided to reapply in 2013, then another roadblock in 2013 when my NOC cat. was moved to FSTC which requires RED SEAL certification from provinces (Roadblock #3).

Through divine inspiration and quick thinking, had to switch to another NOC on FSW list.

Then came the battle with WES. Wanted them to include my Naija qualification on my report to boost my chances but they saw no reason. Several mails back and forth to them and Naija school until finally they re-issued a revised report (Roadblock #4).

At the same time ongoing challenge with our HR dept. that had stopped issuing letters detailing job descriptions/ main duties in their letters (Roadblock #5).
Had to get my supv. to attest to my main duties and job functions. Prepared cover letters with our signatures and had all the docs notarized at a high court. People doubted the efficacy of this strategy but I had confidence it'll suffice and be relevant.

All docs were ready just in time to send to CIC in Dec 5, 2014 before closure of FSW1 program.

The rest as you can see is now history.

Wishing everyone the best outcomes in whatever stages of their journeys and I hope my story inspires someone.

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
7G said:
Good Morning All,

It's been really a long journey but 'am happy to finally announce receipt of our visas and CPR's this morning.

Started FSW1 since 2002 through an agent but had to abort it when it became obvious that the agent was more interested in the money and not the

Resumed the journey again in 2007 by myself but encountered a roadblock when entire FSW1 programs prior to 2008 batch were cancelled by CIC in 2012. Processing fee was refunded in 2012 (Roadblock #2).

Decided to reapply in 2013, then another roadblock in 2013 when my NOC cat. was moved to FSTC which requires RED SEAL certification from provinces (Roadblock #3).

Through divine inspiration and quick thinking, had to switch to another NOC on FSW list.

Then came the battle with WES. Wanted them to include my Naija qualification on my report to boost my chances but they saw no reason. Several mails back and forth to them and Naija school until finally they re-issued a revised report (Roadblock #4).

At the same time ongoing challenge with our HR dept. that had stopped issuing letters detailing job descriptions/ main duties in their letters (Roadblock #5).
Had to get my supv. to attest to my main duties and job functions. Prepared cover letters with our signatures and had all the docs notarized at a high court. People doubted the efficacy of this strategy but I had confidence it'll suffice and be relevant.

All docs were ready just in time to send to CIC in Dec 5, 2014 before closure of FSW1 program.

Wishing everyone the best outcomes in whatever stages of their journeys and I hope my story inspires someone.
Congrats 7G.
It has indeed ended in praise for u :)

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Motivating and inspirational Indeed
Congratulations!
7G said:
Good Morning All,

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
Congrats 7G. Your journey shows that persistence pays.

All the best in the next phase.

7G said:
Good Morning All,

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Landed Seniors,

Please I have a question ooo....Do banks in Canada open for business on saturday??...I will be landing on a saturday morning and I want to explore the possibility of opening a bank account on the same day, will await a response. Many thanks.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
7G said:
Good Morning All,

7G Congratulations. I am soooo inspired. you have been through a lot, but now it has ended in Praise!

maggiforever

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
IBADAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
NOT APPLICABLE
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
28th May 2016
7G said:
Good Morning All,

Congratulations

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
layorh12 said:
Landed Seniors,

Please I have a question ooo....Do banks in Canada open for business on saturday??...I will be landing on a saturday morning and I want to explore the possibility of opening a bank account on the same day, will await a response. Many thanks.

Yes, almost all the banks open on saturdays even on sundays.