+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

tosin79

Apr 10, 2014
Christamario said:
Hello Tosin,
Please name the few banks that are selling cos, I have tried GTB and was told I should use my master card that they have increased the withdrawal limit to 2000 USD, Standard Chartered said I should come back 3 weeks to my travel date, Stanbic IBTC said I should just look for an alternative, so which other banks are selling?
....and Zenith depending on how influential your account officer is.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Good day Family of hopefuls, I got my PPR

I would like to thank all the seniors on this forum for how consistent they have been in helping out newbies like me (who dont post much).

Let me share a bit of my Canadian journey to also offer some encouragement and hope to those still waiting for a reply.

I visited Canada in 2013 as a visitor and because I liked it so much I decided to get a job. I got the LMO (Labour Market Opinion) and all the pertinent documents and proceeded to the coutts border to get my passport stamped with my work permit. (I was in for a rude awakening, I was refused the work permit and told that I had 2 weeks to leave canada and that if I wanted a work permit, I should do it from Nigeria. Against the advice of well meaning friends and family, I left the country and came back to nigeria.

in 2014, I got all my docs together to apply for FSW, due to my WES report, I ended up sending my app in december and it got to CIC on the 29th Dec. With apprehension, I watched every day go by hoping to make the cut-off, Alas my APP was returned as not been among the 1000 APPs taken for NOC 0112. Sad and discouraged, I waited for express entry.

With an initial ielts score of L-7.5 , S-7.5, R-9 and W - 8, I got a CRS score of 412. I saw the trend of invitations leaning toward the high 450s so I took another IELTS score that gave me a new score of 476. I felt that I had made it.

June 27th saw me getting an ITA
Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

I was sent an Additional docs request - August 8 asking for IMM566E and IMM5406. I sent this off and waited expecting good news as I made sure all my docs were in order.

On september 22, I received a letter from CIC saying I had been refused the visa because of misrepresentation " I misrepresented my immigration history' and I was banned from Canada for 5 years. Shock paralysed me. Family and some friends told me to count my losses but some very well meaning friends (Hopeful guy and Kollins) advised me to fight it and even pitched in for the lawyers fees.

I paid for a lawyer, Waldman and Co who had extensive experience and successes with misrepresentation cases and retained their services. They ordered my GCMS notes and the unlying explanation beneath "misrepresented immigration history was that my brief 2 month visit to Canada in 2013 was construed as LIVING in Canada. Mind you, this visit was clearly stated in travel history. The lawyers filled my case in November.

Fast forward to March 28th when my Case was reopened,
I received an additional doc request - Explanation of POF and identity docs which I sent.

At exactly 10:38 am on monday the 16th May I got my PPR request and also RPRF and updated family info which I sent off. My medicals expire on the 1st of July so their letter stated that I had to travel before them.

So now the docs have been sent and I am waiting to see my case approved on mycic. It has been a long and tortuous road, but I am grateful to God that my persistence was not in vain.

I hope that somebody is encouraged by my journey and chooses to stay positive in the midst of every uncertainty.

My prayer is that every desire of this forum members MRs, PPRs and VISAs will be met. Amen

I really appreciate your guts and desire to share this very private information. I strongly believe that it will go a long way in helping people who have found themselves in similar situation. People hardly will want to share this in the open especially if it ends the other way. Thank God that yours have ended well.

It also speaks volume of what we fill in for that question 6 of the background declaration form. Thank God that you persisted and it was their error and not your error. If it had been the other way round, it will take a miracle to win the case. Your persistence helped out and God was strongly with you. I will advise those that are facing similar issue who do not know the reason to call for their GCMS note to know what is indicated on their files. I am already in Canada and lately I have decided to request my GCMS note. I just want to know what they have in my file. It is your right to know.

Congratulations yet again and do not relent until it is finally over. Cheers!!

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Aby444 said:

I would like to thank all the seniors on this forum for how consistent they have been in helping out newbies like me (who dont post much).

Let me share a bit of my Canadian journey to also offer some encouragement and hope to those still waiting for a reply.

I visited Canada in 2013 as a visitor and because I liked it so much I decided to get a job. I got the LMO (Labour Market Opinion) and all the pertinent documents and proceeded to the coutts border to get my passport stamped with my work permit. (I was in for a rude awakening, I was refused the work permit and told that I had 2 weeks to leave canada and that if I wanted a work permit, I should do it from Nigeria. Against the advice of well meaning friends and family, I left the country and came back to nigeria.

in 2014, I got all my docs together to apply for FSW, due to my WES report, I ended up sending my app in december and it got to CIC on the 29th Dec. With apprehension, I watched every day go by hoping to make the cut-off, Alas my APP was returned as not been among the 1000 APPs taken for NOC 0112. Sad and discouraged, I waited for express entry.

With an initial ielts score of L-7.5 , S-7.5, R-9 and W - 8, I got a CRS score of 412. I saw the trend of invitations leaning toward the high 450s so I took another IELTS score that gave me a new score of 476. I felt that I had made it.

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

I was sent an Additional docs request - August 8 asking for IMM566E and IMM5406. I sent this off and waited expecting good news as I made sure all my docs were in order.

On september 22, I received a letter from CIC saying I had been refused the visa because of misrepresentation " I misrepresented my immigration history' and I was banned from Canada for 5 years. Shock paralysed me. Family and some friends told me to count my losses but some very well meaning friends (Hopeful guy and Kollins) advised me to fight it and even pitched in for the lawyers fees.

I paid for a lawyer, Waldman and Co who had extensive experience and successes with misrepresentation cases and retained their services. They ordered my GCMS notes and the unlying explanation beneath "misrepresented immigration history was that my brief 2 month visit to Canada in 2013 was construed as LIVING in Canada. Mind you, this visit was clearly stated in travel history. The lawyers filled my case in November.

I received an additional doc request - Explanation of POF and identity docs which I sent.

At exactly 10:38 am on monday the 16th May I got my PPR request and also RPRF and updated family info which I sent off. My medicals expire on the 1st of July so their letter stated that I had to travel before them.

So now the docs have been sent and I am waiting to see my case approved on mycic. It has been a long and tortuous road, but I am grateful to God that my persistence was not in vain.

I hope that somebody is encouraged by my journey and chooses to stay positive in the midst of every uncertainty.

My prayer is that every desire of this forum members MRs, PPRs and VISAs will be met. Amen
What a journey and testimony? God be praised. Persistence pays. I rejoice with you.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Thank you Gentle Andrew and Flosure

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
Christamario said:
Hello Tosin,
Please name the few banks that are selling cos, I have tried GTB and was told I should use my master card that they have increased the withdrawal limit to 2000 USD, Standard Chartered said I should come back 3 weeks to my travel date, Stanbic IBTC said I should just look for an alternative, so which other banks are selling?
Christamario,try Ecobank,but you must have an active account with them.My manager told me i can apply as soon as i purchase my ticket but it's not a walk through transaction according to her.The process might take a week or more.An adult child (12yrs upward) can also apply

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Aby444 said:
@ Blacky, I know the feeling, I have been there, I pitched my tent in depression for the longest time. But just keep at it and you will get whatever you desire. Your papers will come speedily in Jesus Name.

@ Lakesyde I dont have many lives .... but you never know what you are capable of until you are faced with the dilemma and situation. I just discovered that pesisting was the only thing that was keeping me sane :)

Thank you everyone for the congratulations.
Aby444, Thank God for your life may his name be praised and thank you for sharing your story/testimony.

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
Aby444 said:

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

Congratulations Abby444.......hmmmmmmmmmm,awesome and inspiring journey.A positive vibe attracts positive ending

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Aby444 said:

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

God is always good, congratulations. All the best ahead :)

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Aby444 said:
@ Blacky, I know the feeling, I have been there, I pitched my tent in depression for the longest time. But just keep at it and you will get whatever you desire. Your papers will come speedily in Jesus Name.

@ Lakesyde I dont have many lives .... but you never know what you are capable of until you are faced with the dilemma and situation. I just discovered that pesisting was the only thing that was keeping me sane :)

Thank you everyone for the congratulations.
Congratulations, our Lord will do what He will do. All glory to the almighty. Happy for you

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Thank you for this inspiring testimony Aby444, our Lord spoke for you and it will end in prside. Wishing you speedy processing of your PEV and CoPR.

Aby444 said:

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

kaycanny

Mar 12, 2016
Aby444 said:

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

WOW! You went through all these? you are a fighter, resilient and goal getter. I am highly motivated. May God see you through the remaining part of your journey hitch free. amen

yikelin

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
Just received our GCSM notes and nothing has started , our file its just the same as when we ordered in Oct . But am believing very soon that we shall all get our updates and since this GCSM note was generated 26th April and this is May who knows they might already have started processing ones files.

Dearest Canny

May 25, 2015
Aby444 said:

Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

We all should draw strength from this that nothing is impossible for Baba God. Congratulations......

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
GENTLEANDREW said:
Please give me the link to rewuest for it. A friend is asking for it.
Thanks

I really appreciate your guts and desire to share this very private information. I strongly believe that it will go a long way in helping people who have found themselves in similar situation. People hardly will want to share this in the open especially if it ends the other way. Thank God that yours have ended well.

It also speaks volume of what we fill in for that question 6 of the background declaration form. Thank God that you persisted and it was their error and not your error. If it had been the other way round, it will take a miracle to win the case. Your persistence helped out and God was strongly with you. I will advise those that are facing similar issue who do not know the reason to call for their GCMS note to know what is indicated on their files. I am already in Canada and lately I have decided to request my GCMS note. I just want to know what they have in my file. It is your right to know.

Congratulations yet again and do not relent until it is finally over. Cheers!!

7G

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
Included in application
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
31-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
Ed_b_good said:
Hi Canada ds year, if I may ask when they collect your NDL, when you come back to 9ja for a short visit what are you supposed to drive with, did you ask about that?
You read my mind Ed_b_good. I've been thinking about the same question. It doesn't make much sense for them to withhold the NDL when they know people need travel around the world and would need to drive automobiles while there. From what I know, the NDL is the ppty of FRSC and only them or the Naija police can withhold it for keeps.

Please, can any of the senior members who've landed throw more light on this issue? Some members could be planning to land initially and return later to settle finally. It will be much appreciated.
Thanks.