Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
dapsayray said:
Hello all, I would like to a say congratulations to all with positive updates. May all our heart desires be met. I have been a silent observer ;) and follower of this great forum, please I need some clarifications. I ordered for my GCMS notes recently and observed that under LIABILITIES, the amount I indicated as my POF was stated. Please is there any concern with that, Your response will be appreciated greatly. More positive updates in the coming week...I hail
There is no concern its probably a typo error. I had same in my notes but have my visa now. So no need to panic.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
neyobash14 said:
Naso jare...no mind me...just bn nutty.....
hope u don finish packing oo cos u av been evicted from Nija
I have not started packing even, still loving NAIJA :p :p ;D ;D

I can say that again after every every,

Congratulations all those with updates, for those expecting, it will surely come and speedily in the mighty name of Jesus

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi guys, top of the day to you all. A lot going on lately on our thread to the glory of God but we also anticipate more from heaven especially for pending MRs and we will not be disappointed, amen.

So I've been getting a lot of PMs about landing and preparing to land and what to do and what to expect questions. I decided to go back and pull my landing story to give some guidance to others coming over soon especially those who were not part of our family as at when I landed last year. After reading, it might answer some of the questions people are asking me and then they can ask new questions not covered in the write up. This is the link for those who want to bookmark it while the story follows below.

Warm regards from Pipi and I, her husband :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.11760.html

As promised guys, my landing story.

I had booked my tickets since March for take off on 5th June, 2015. Ofcourse I advised everyone to check as many airlines as possible online to find good deals. I was fortunate to get a total fee of N717,400 for my family of five on Turkish Airlines which has only one stopover at Istanbul.

I had been packing for about 2 weeks before take off date and still wasn't finished. Just getting rid of my stuff in my house was crazy. I gave away and gave away stuff after I had sold what I could but I still had so much stuff left! In the end, Pipi just left everything on the floor in the living room for the caretaker to deal with. He is still thanking us today for the brand new sets of dishes, curtains, cupboard, paintings, lamps. My gate boy 'inherited' a TV, dvd player, TV stand, clothes hanger, clothes. I just wanted everything gone before the house agent comes to inspect. My advice to all of you yet to travel, start getting rid of stuff today! Sell, dash, throw, do what you must to avoid the coming nightmares of being confused on how to get rid of things. I know Frances has started feeling this Start packing your luggage with those things you need in Naija but you will need in Canada. All those your bottom box naija natives, give them away and keep just three to four sets each cos they will be useless here. Most of you will expand in size so the few you have will also end up being useless to you very soon. As you are packing, get a bathroom scale and weigh each bag/box to ensure they don't exceed 23kg. You are allowed an extra kg or two above 23kg but it pays to sort out the weight issue at home to avoid being confused at the airport and having to throw things out painfully. I also advise you check in online the light before your flight and select your seats yourself to avoid getting allocated seats next to the toilet. Trust me, you don't want to travel to Canada next to a busted toilet! This will also save you time at the check in counter.

So D-day finally arrived and we got to the airport. Thankfully, traffic was light as I left home late. It was that same day I finally sold Pipi's SUV and got the balance for the sale that morning then rushed to convert it to FX. Reminder, do all your selling of stuff early, you might not be so fortunate as me and you will need every penny you can raise. A piece of advise, if you taking palm oil with you, hide it in the centre of your luggage as if found by their scanner, it will be removed from your luggage. That was how I had to return my keg of palm oil home. Got to the Customs desk and when the Lead officer saw my 10 pieces of luggage, he looked up, looked down and said to Pipi, 'Madam, just pass with your load but you go settle o'. 2k later, we were at the luggage check in. All the bags and boxes were weighed, all were accepted, all were tagged and went in. We said our goodbyes to my folks who brought us to the airport and proceeded to the boarding area.

Some of you might be approached by airport staff to pay for 'express service', that is, they will take you from the back of queues to the front of queues and save time. All I will say is 'shine your eyes'. At the boarding area was a queue so long, I thought they were sharing Swiss visas there! Once again, Pipi just stepped to this Customs guy manning the VIP express queue and I and my boys followed. While she was asking the guy to please let us through my boys just went forward as if I own the airport. Who was I not to follow them? Pipi sef join the parade and we got to passport stamping sharply. From there, we proceeded to board the aircraft. The plane took off about 20 minutes behind schedule but nobody complained. I think most of us were relieved to just be leaving Naija with the fuel scarcity wahala and PHCN vacation.

Another one of advice; hide enough gala and small chops in your hand luggage as some airline food may not be to your taste. I could eat it but my sons went on strike! I ended up begging them to manage until I could get them McDonalds. See blackmail from my last son who insisted it must be pizza! I had no choice but to agree so that the ministry can move to the permanent site. There were lots of movies to select from on the flight for those who like films so the flight can be enjoyable. My kids were just switching from Disney movies to games to other kid films, having a blast. So in all the flight was alright and we arrived at Istanbul for the transit. Since Ataturk is a large and modern airport, we had a great time there window shopping and moving around so the eight hours felt like two hours. Pipi enjoyed herself trying out dresses, shoes and jewelry. The kids were just skipping about and I was just relieved none of them was harassing me. Soon we were on our way to Toronto, same nice flight but I advise those in similar circumstance to sleep on this second leg, you will need energy for the landing ahead. And ensure you fill your landing papers which will be shared on the flight.

We landed and proceeded to Passport control and visa check. We then moved to immigration and this is where everybody needs to be sharp and alert because this is where they will check your COPR and ask about landing funds and maybe POF. I advise you have $10,000 cash with you and declare as such. All immigrants with families in the hall that day who declared 10k as landing funds did not have any problems, no question of POF arose. I think psychologically, this amount satisfies them that you 'hold your side'. I wasn't asked about POF but I had prepared for that by getting a copy of original bank statement from my bank before I left Naija. I advise you do same and get your statement or recent original fixed deposit certificate handy. Better to be stressed now but prepared than to be deported. A word is enough please...

Next is baggage claim then customs. We had prepared our goods accompanying list and goods to follow list but the lady attending to us was not interested in goods accompanying. She reviewed the list, entered it into the system and gave us a stamped copy so when our goods later arrive by cargo, we wont be charged tax on them. From here, you step out into Arrivals and Canada! Ensure you have your hosts phone numbers and full house address and that they know when exactly your flight is landing, Canada time. Otherwise like me, you may miss yourselves at the airport. Summary is after waiting four hours, I used a booking terminal at the airport to book a hotel for my family for the night. The major and popular hotels all have airport shuttle service which come to pick up their guests so that was how we got to Best Western Plus which I selected for the night. Now be careful here as Canadian establishments usually insist on credit cards and not debit cards which are more available in naija. However, as a sure boy, I was able to convince the front desk lady that I had cash and a funded debit card. So she accepted to enter my debit card details into the system while I would pay cash when I check out. The idea of them taking your card details upfront is if you stay and then dodge out to escape payment. They will just take payment from your card. That same night I was able to get my host on the phone and we arranges that I would get to his place the next day by taxi.

Fast forward to Monday, we went to a Service Canada outlet to get SIN for the whole family. You'll need your landing papers and passports for this. Take them as well when you go to register for your Canadian Health card. For those coming to Ontario, you get this at Service Ontario. Don't forget to bring your Nigerian driving license which you will need you go to write your driving test which you must pass before you can take the physical test.

With various registrations out of the way, you now face accommodation and the almighty job search. Husbands, love thy wives and wives love thy husband because you're going to need each other now. for couples, most likely one person will actively seek work while the other will stay back to care for the home. If there are no kids, then you can both plunge into the job market. If you are single then you can hit the ground running.

All in all, I wish you the best ahead. God bless.

omolara.ayanda

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2015
Interview........
waived by his grace
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
18/04/2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
And finally our pickup mail landed. We sent it 8th of April, received on the 12th. All the glory belongs to God. I pray for speedy processing of those awaiting one update or the other from AVO in Jesus precious name. Neyobash here I come!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
omolara.ayanda said:
And finally our pickup mail landed. We sent it 8th of April, received on the 12th. All the glory belongs to God. I pray for speedy processing of those awaiting one update or the other from AVO in Jesus precious name. Neyobash here I come!
Congrats omolara, all the best ahead to you and your family.

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
congrats Omolara

omolara.ayanda said:

omolara.ayanda

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2015
Interview........
waived by his grace
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
18/04/2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Congrats omolara, all the best ahead to you and your family.
Oga PH you are just one of a kind. Thank you so much. God will bless you for sisi PiPi and d kids. :D

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
omolara.ayanda said:
Congrats Omolara

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations omolara.ayanda, the Lord shall perfect everything of yours!

omolara.ayanda said:

seunkija

Mar 2, 2016
Finally got my pick up mail. thanks to everyone on this forum. Pipis Husband, tbaba and neyobash to mention the least. i was chatting with tbaba this afternoon expressing my fear over the delay and he told me to be patient till next week before raising CSE. I want to give all glory to God for the bringing me this far. God will speed up the process for others waiting for one update or the other.

So grateful to God.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Wow i like that sound, no waste time oya initiate pick up make U follow collect Maple leaf. Congratulations

omolara.ayanda said:

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
seunkija said:
Finally got my pick up mail. thanks to everyone on this forum. Pipis Husband, tbaba and neyobash to mention the least. i was chatting with tbaba this afternoon expressing my fear over the delay and he told me to be patient till next week before raising CSE. I want to give all glory to God for the bringing me this far. God will speed up the process for others waiting for one update or the other.

So grateful to God.
Congrats seunkija, it ends in praise. Straight to courier service :)